Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 76 of 114 FirstFirst ... 26667374757677787986 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 2850
Like Tree6Likes
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,667 Global Posts
    PIN
    25DCE56E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1876  

Quote Originally Posted by chirag_patel002 View Post
    how do i downgrade back to .75 so can get my browser to work again
    Quote Originally Posted by Stones1 View Post
    i upgraded to .148 but i have to downgrade to .75 because the last official Os release does not work with t-mobile. best radio for t-mobile is .75 .
    90 radio not recommended because is unstable and reboot a lot.
    I tried hybrid but i can't get a EDGE solid.

Any suggestion?
    I'll upload .75 to my ftp server this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by mrlefty300 View Post
    No idea! another thing.... i've deleted all old email addresses from service books, replaced servicebooks, and still getting email messages from last owner. I know the person so its ok, just want to get my own and stop getting the previous owners.
    The previous owner needs to remove it from their account.
    Southern By Latitude, Gentleman By Attitude!
    ~I LOVE THE SMELL OF CRACKBERRY IN THE MORNING~
    BlackBerry 101
    PLEASE VISIT
    Save the Internet

Global Posts
    6,667 Global Posts
    PIN
    25DCE56E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1877  

Here is a link to OS 4.7.0.75 for those who want to downgrade do to the edge issues.
    BlackBerry 101
    PLEASE VISIT
    Save the Internet
  3. 312
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Stones1 View Post
    i upgraded to .148 but i have to downgrade to .75 because the last official Os release does not work with t-mobile. best radio for t-mobile is .75 .
    90 radio not recommended because is unstable and reboot a lot.
    I tried hybrid but i can't get a EDGE solid.

Any suggestion?
    This is not true. .148 works for me. It doesn't work GREAT, which is why I'm looking through this thread- but it works, depending on my location. (i.e. not in an obstructed view)
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    31A4CA68

Well, finally got my BB Storm unlocked, and it works with Tmobile. I can send text messages and make calls, however, even after this modification, I am still not able to use the browser or do anything else. It shows on the top that it has full bars edge and says TMOBILE on the main screen.

Any thoughts?
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    22c8d98b

Default .75

Quote Originally Posted by 312 View Post
    This is not true. .148 works for me. It doesn't work GREAT, which is why I'm looking through this thread- but it works, depending on my location. (i.e. not in an obstructed view)
    You are lucky guy if .148 works with t-mobile, i could not get a solid EDGE. now i am back with .75 and everything work fine, sometimes i got lag but since i improve the system memory is running better.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Smile trouble in paradise

im having the same issues .... i wonder have u figured it out yet or do u have them working... if so i would greatly appreciate your help
    CrackBerry Newbie

everything works on mine except youtube and pandora. it will be on EDGE and the second i start watching a you tube video it goes back to edge. driving me crazy!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hey guys,
    my unlocked BB Storm from Verizon just stopped working with T-Mobile, Ddont know why. Looks like it doesnt find an IP address anymore, phone itself is working, BB service and Internet is not working. Reset it already, also didnt help.
    Whenever I want to go into the web, or to Email set ups or Service Books, it goes from EDGE to edge and tell me I cant connect, anybody out there who can help me ?

Thanks a lot
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    22c8d98b

Quote Originally Posted by juebless View Post
    Hey guys,
    my unlocked BB Storm from Verizon just stopped working with T-Mobile, Ddont know why. Looks like it doesnt find an IP address anymore, phone itself is working, BB service and Internet is not working. Reset it already, also didnt help.
    Whenever I want to go into the web, or to Email set ups or Service Books, it goes from EDGE to edge and tell me I cant connect, anybody out there who can help me ?

Thanks a lot
    what OS are you using? .75 0r .148
    don't forget to set APN to epc.tmobile.com or wap.voicestream.com and set to Mobile network to GSM. if EDGE goes to edge i guess you are using .148
    CrackBerry Newbie

Ok

I am confused I finally got my storm unlocked from a friend who used a cellbrite machine

My storm seems to be working fine on T-mobile, text and calls are fine but like everyone else I dont have the browser or email services, i have to change from the G1 data service to Blackberry which I will do

I have OS 4.7.0.148 , apn set to wap.voicestream.com mobile network to gsm..

I have the verzion set up disc if that helps?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default 9530 Versus 9500 For OS Upgrades

Hi PTaylor (and all),

I am curious regarding your theory that Verizon made BlackBerry design the .148 OS so that the data functionality would not work on other networks including T-Mobile.

Is this true for the 9500 (Vodafone) as well? Or have OS upgrades been working well with the 9500 on T-Mobile.

I guess I had a choice between purchasing an unlocked 9500 and an unlocked 9530 and I opted for the 9530. Wondering if I should have opted for the 9500 instead.

Thanks.

Cheers,
    Niranjan

P.S. My 9530 has been working well on T-Mobile with the .75 OS.
    CrackBerry User

need a download link for OS 4.7.0.75 so i can downgrade

thanks

Global Posts
    6,667 Global Posts
    PIN
    25DCE56E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1888  

GO to post 1881 one page back.
    BlackBerry 101
    PLEASE VISIT
    Save the Internet
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Do you have to have a Tmobile Blackberry plan

I just got a BlackBerry Storm, that was Unlocked, I have Tmobile, with an Unlimited Internet plan, but its not a BlackBerry plan, will it work, or do I have to have a BlackBerry Plan???

I put my sim in and am able to use the Phone, and SMS, but thats it, no internet or anything like that...

If I do this fix will it work with that Unlimited Internet plan I have, or have to upgrade...
    CrackBerry Newbie

ok i have read a few of these posts and i have everything working and lost my bbm contacts after uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but i have a browser that works and one that doesnt and thats the one that it uses to register my email, anyone? when i go to TCP it says
    > APN settings enabled (checked)
    > APN: emgsn.vzw3g.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

If i dont have a BlackBerry Data Plan on tmobile can i still get it to work on tmobile just phone calls and texting atleast?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Well, my T-Mobile contract is up in August so it looks like I will be going with verizon. Not thrilled but with my currently unlocked storm that was working very well for a day is giving me headaches and interferring with my job. I need my browser to work all the time. Verizon here i come . Sad because i really like T-mobile but I love th e storm more.

Global Posts
    6,667 Global Posts
    PIN
    25DCE56E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1893  

Quote Originally Posted by amazingmpg View Post
    I just got a BlackBerry Storm, that was Unlocked, I have Tmobile, with an Unlimited Internet plan, but its not a BlackBerry plan, will it work, or do I have to have a BlackBerry Plan???

I put my sim in and am able to use the Phone, and SMS, but thats it, no internet or anything like that...

If I do this fix will it work with that Unlimited Internet plan I have, or have to upgrade...
    You still need a BlackBerry data plan if you want everything to work.

Quote Originally Posted by rook1759 View Post
    ok i have read a few of these posts and i have everything working and lost my bbm contacts after uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but i have a browser that works and one that doesnt and thats the one that it uses to register my email, anyone? when i go to TCP it says
    > APN settings enabled (checked)
    > APN: emgsn.vzw3g.com
    Change it to the T-Mo settings as shown in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by jtoyz2 View Post
    If i dont have a BlackBerry Data Plan on tmobile can i still get it to work on tmobile just phone calls and texting atleast?
    Yes, and there is no need to do any of this in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by GQ031 View Post
    Well, my T-Mobile contract is up in August so it looks like I will be going with verizon. Not thrilled but with my currently unlocked storm that was working very well for a day is giving me headaches and interferring with my job. I need my browser to work all the time. Verizon here i come . Sad because i really like T-mobile but I love th e storm more.

It can be a pain. Good luck. VZ is a good network, just twice as much$$$
    BlackBerry 101
    PLEASE VISIT
    Save the Internet
    CrackBerry Newbie

Well now everything is working great. No lag, my e-mails still hit my BES before it hits the network server at my job. I think I might be all set (crossing fingers). I told myself If I forget about worrying if everything will work for the next 2 weeks, I will renew my T-Mobile contract. Im also using
    .148 OS. Only issue I am having is opening picture attachments. Any suggestions?

Here is what I did for those still having issues:

Downgraded to 4.6 BDM
    Selected 2G only and Manual.
    Had T-Mobile send the service books.
    Deleted the Verizon file under related motions.
    Bottom line i read a lot of posts until my eyes couldnt take no more. I never get edge only EDGE and I deleted that watcher64 @tmo.blackberry.net[/email] <---dont know what that was. Thanx PTaylor and everyone else that had input.

Global Posts
    6,667 Global Posts
    PIN
    25DCE56E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1895  

You need to connect to pc open DM go to app loader> add/remove and put a check in attachment services to load that to the phone. Keep us posted on the EDGE/edge issue. The watcher thing is just a watermark to know they are the sb's I made. I kept finding them all over the net or people would have problems using other books so I put that in there to know they were mine. It's fine to delete, it does nothing.
    BlackBerry 101
    PLEASE VISIT
    Save the Internet
    CrackBerry Newbie

hmm...ok so i did everything correctly and everything is working...i have edge and my browser works but is SO slow when opening pages...is there a way to fix this? (sorry if this question has already been asked already)...thx
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Default Need help with gps and maps config

For my 9530 on tmobile in the options menu. I did this fix and vz navigator(awesome program for free?) now fully works, email works, got EDGE not edge, bb maps work, IM programs work.

Global Posts
    6,667 Global Posts
    PIN
    25DCE56E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1898  

Sweet! Welcome to CB!
    BlackBerry 101
    PLEASE VISIT
    Save the Internet
    CrackBerry Newbie

i had posted awhile back about unlocking and tryin to use my 9530 but it would not call out ,.,, well lol i figured out there was something wrong with my husbands sim card i guess it was scratched .. i got my self a new one and then it worked !! after hours of fourm reading go figure such a simple fix ,, but sadly i had installed the new update well after having the update since it came out i couldnt take it anymore( i have had edge for too long ) today and down graded to .75 .. and omg i have had EDGE all day well i noticed that i still couldnt get pandora or youtbue to work so i called tmobile had them send me the "data" service books .. and that was the final fix ,, u name it it works im so happy to be away from verizon and to actually have my phone working perfectly for tmobile !! thanks so much for the info on unlocking pt ..
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hey just joined today. So does the internet + aim work yet? So if i downgrade to the old firmware would it make it faster with no lag or how does it work ptaylor? Also I need the tmobile blackberry data plan for 24.99 correct?