CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default SI.com: Peter King hates the storm, give me an iPhone!

If Peter Kings says so, it must be true so there. No one can argue against my post whatsoever so don't even try. In Peter's MMQB edition he talks about what he thinks of the Storm. He even let his thoughts known to the guy who invented the Storm's keyboard...

a. I give up on the Black Berry Storm. I was seduced into buying it when it was The Next Big Thing, but the weird and hard-to-use keyboard should make it the Edsel of mobile phone and e-mail devices.
    b. Incredibly, I sat behind the man who invented the hard-to-use keyboard of the Storm at Fenway one day when I was off ... and ended up telling him what I thought of the keyboard. A tad awkward, but someone's got to address how hard it is to hit each key just so when you're trying to send a text. I need those upraised letters.

Peter King on Michael Vick, Brett Favre, NFL camps,*draft - Peter King - SI.com
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    STRIPED: SUIT:

i love it!! haha

"upraised letters" yeah dude needs an iphone

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    PIN
    305B6E8A

Quote Originally Posted by mr_man View Post
    If Peter Kings says so, it must be true so there. No one can argue against my post whatsoever so don't even try. In Peter's MMQB edition he talks about what he thinks of the Storm. He even let his thoughts known to the guy who invented the Storm's keyboard...

a. I give up on the Black Berry Storm. I was seduced into buying it when it was The Next Big Thing, but the weird and hard-to-use keyboard should make it the Edsel of mobile phone and e-mail devices.
    b. Incredibly, I sat behind the man who invented the hard-to-use keyboard of the Storm at Fenway one day when I was off ... and ended up telling him what I thought of the keyboard. A tad awkward, but someone's got to address how hard it is to hit each key just so when you're trying to send a text. I need those upraised letters.

Peter King on Michael Vick, Brett Favre, NFL camps,*draft - Peter King - SI.com
    Ok, so he doesn't like SurePress. So what? Not everyone has to like the Storm. Just like not everyone has to like [insert Phone X here] for a variety of reasons.

It seems like just from the wording that he bought it just for the hype. Don't know if he did any actual research into it, but he should have.

The question I have is why did he wait until now (8 months later) to find out he didn't like the keyboard? It's hardware and not something that software could have changed. Couldn't he have figured it out it wasn't for him after maybe a week or so?
    App Version: 5.0.0.328
    redzapper's 3G Storm Black Theme
    Ask T.H.e Council: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-storm-f86/ask-t-h-e-council-327192/
    T.H.Council FF
    CrackBerry Addict

Wow, thats major. Peter King though???????? There's like 10 people more knowledgable about sports than him. And you go on his words. Like I said....... Wow
    CrackBerry Abuser

All this because some random asshat says he don't like the phone?

LOL....sheep!
    -Mark-
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    PIN
    305B6E8A

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post

LOL....sheep!
    That was my first thought! Who is this person and why should his opinion make up my mind for me?

Some random sports enthusiest with an SI column made a small side-note that he personally doesn't like the SurePress! I must heed his random word and toss my Storm because it doesn't work for him!

Oh, and OP, where exactly does he say he needs an iPhone? "Upraised letters" could just as well mean a physical keyboard.
    App Version: 5.0.0.328
    redzapper's 3G Storm Black Theme
    Ask T.H.e Council: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=327192
    T.H.Council FF
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,803 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post

LOL....sheep!
    Calling Peter King a random assshat is along the lines of treason.

Anyway, the touchscreen isn't for everyone. If that's his only gripe then he should just get a Curve or something...he won't be much happier with an iPhone.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,497 Global Posts
    PIN
    28E5B3AF

Peter king talks about sports all day. So that makes him a tech god or something. OP you are a serious troll and need to stop posting BS like this. If you and Peter king hate the storm or Suretype than move the **** on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Ya...the iphone has upraised letters alright. aren't they on the phones slide out physical keyboard?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    PIN
    headed

Look at the man, when you've got fingers the size of Johnsonville Brats, it's no wonder he might have trouble with a keyboard.
    The kC Show!
    Heard live every Tuesday night at 10pm ET
    www.mediumrare.com in IE
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itzdatdude View Post
    Wow, thats major. Peter King though???????? There's like 10 people more knowledgable about sports than him. And you go on his words. Like I said....... Wow
    I am in complete agreement with you. Peter King has become one of the worst writers and openly talks about his favorites and he never shuts up about his coffee as if he owned a freaking coffee shop.