Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Seriously...WTF is wrong...

...with everyone in here?? There are more threads ******** about the S2, the S2 NOT getting OS6, or just RIM in general then there are threads about the actual use of the phone or the actual upgrades/improvements that can be made.

I'm just as ticked as the next guy that RIM seems to have been extremely short sighted with the latest product launch. But ya know what, at the end of the day its a PHONE people! Do you people work to buy cell phones and live and breathe your device? And yes, I get that this is an enthusiasts forum.

Why can't you guys just accept your berries for what they are and quit your ********.

<End Rand>
    HTC Desire HD
    I still miss BBM.
    Thanked by:
    embalmfirst (11-17-2010) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    PIN
    333C8CC4

Thank you. My words exactly, just glad I read this thread before I posted my own. A lot of people just feel deceived that a fairly new device isn't getting the latest and greatest upgrade. Just because Verizon won't release it doesn't mean another carrier won't. Remember the os leaks from saskatel or TBayTel. It'll come folks, one way or another. It just might not run as intended (remember 5.0 on the 83XX or 88XX devices?), but I'm sure we will get it.

Don't like it. eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices and craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums add those to your favorites. That's why etfs were created, break your contract and get an evo or iphone if you want a new "toy" if you feel yours is outdated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,856 Global Posts

Why you may ask are people bittching?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am bittching because I WAS one of the most devout Blackberry users on this site and I feel like RISM has taken one giant turd on me.

Why is that?

Because the company that I loved has let me down.

Because the company that I loved is greedy.

Because the company that I loved has about as much creativity and imagination as a corpse.

I purchased a device back in October that was a good device, and it has stayed that way. No real updates, no real support and to this day problems such as the BBM group chat are still broken. No webkit, no faster UI, no support for more apps.

Nothing, absolutely nothing.

"well you bought it as is, and there should be no obligation to the manufacturer to update it.

Bullshiit.

Google has been working on getting updates out for the G1 since the day it rolled off the line. The Eris and Hero will be able to run Froyo, the Iphone 3GS can run OS 4.

Don't give me that crap about you bought it as is. Every other company stands by their products and works to make them better.

RISM or Research in Slow Motion works to make you buy slightly upgraded half asss devices like the 9800 and the future Storm 3. The Droid rolled out with a 5 MP camera a month after the Storm 2 an its 3.2 and now Android is up to 8 and probably within a few months will be up to 10. Some Android devices can even record in HD. RISM has finally rolled out a Blackberry with a 5 MP camera. Again stuck in 2009.

The icons in OS 6 are a slightly and I use the term slightly loosely upgraded version of the Bold icons from 2008 pathetic. They couldn't even come up with a nicer looking set of icons, while Samsung, Motorola, and HTC can come up with their own versions of Android icons RISM can't even bother to find some out of work Art Major and pay them a few thousand dollars to upgrade that out of date piece of shiit icon set from over 2 years ago.

Their new work of art 9800 uses a form factor made popular...wait scratch can't really say popular, that the beloved Palm Pre made infamous. Wonder what HP thinks of that form factor. A form factor that RISM would have to use because it incorporates that damn Blackberry full QWERTY. IF they are still in business in 60 years when teleporters finally get going a RISM made teleporter will still have that damnn QWERTY keypad.

As they come out with updates for 6, it will probably drag this device down, because again, RISM is unwilling to go high tech and it is still using the processor they shoved into the 9700 a device that they will soon be replacing because it can't run 6, or it will run 6 half assed, becaused by the time they stick 6 in you might be able to run a solitaire game and the OS.

I can go on and on and on if you would like?

Is it that difficult for them to use a faster processor? Is it that impossible for them use a better camera or a higher resolution screen? Is it that impossible for them to just stick 1 gig of memory into the damnn thing so that the device doesn't go completely out of date after 9 fricking months?

No it isn't.

RISM is one of two things, either incompetent or greedy and I will not stand by a company any longer that are either one of those things.

Bye RISM enjoy the money you have received from me won't happen again.

I will miss push email though.
    I have seen the light.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,856 Global Posts

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I could keep doing this all day hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ok now I am tired of it.

I highlighted the area that made me laugh so hard. No I don't remember 5.0 on the 88xx series and 83xx series because the only devices to get 5 out of all those devices were the 8330 and the 8350. That was it, and it ran no better than 4.5 so again

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg2008 View Post
    Thank you. My words exactly, just glad I read this thread before I posted my own. A lot of people just feel deceived that a fairly new device isn't getting the latest and greatest upgrade. Just because Verizon won't release it doesn't mean another carrier won't. Remember the os leaks from saskatel or TBayTel. It'll come folks, one way or another. It just might not run as intended (remember 5.0 on the 83XX or 88XX devices?), but I'm sure we will get it.

Don't like it. eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices and craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums add those to your favorites. That's why etfs were created, break your contract and get an evo or iphone if you want a new "toy" if you feel yours is outdated.

I have seen the light.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,524 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dwnshft View Post
    ...with everyone in here?? There are more threads ******** about the s2, the s2 not getting os6, or just rim in general then there are threads about the actual use of the phone or the actual upgrades/improvements that can be made.

I'm just as ticked as the next guy that rim seems to have been extremely short sighted with the latest product launch. But ya know what, at the end of the day its a phone people! Do you people work to buy cell phones and live and breathe your device? And yes, i get that this is an enthusiasts forum.

Why can't you guys just accept your berries for what they are and quit your ********.

<end rand>
    +1!!

--------------
    Dave - Moto Bionic
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,856 Global Posts

And the Droid X is no toy, you can recieve E-mail set tasks, uses Memo's AND Docs to Go works just fine on it, so tell me again how much of a toy it is, when I need to go online and get some specific information for something on the road, I would much rather have the Android browser than the lame Blackberry browser.

I have seen the light.

Global Posts
    9,524 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valace2 View Post
    Why you may ask are people bittching?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am bittching because I WAS one of the most devout Blackberry users on this site and I feel like RISM has taken one giant turd on me.

Why is that?

Because the company that I loved has let me down.

Because the company that I loved is greedy.

Because the company that I loved has about as much creativity and imagination as a corpse.

I purchased a device back in October that was a good device, and it has stayed that way. No real updates, no real support and to this day problems such as the BBM group chat are still broken. No webkit, no faster UI, no support for more apps.

Nothing, absolutely nothing.

"well you bought it as is, and there should be no obligation to the manufacturer to update it.

Bullshiit.

Google has been working on getting updates out for the G1 since the day it rolled off the line. The Eris and Hero will be able to run Froyo, the Iphone 3GS can run OS 4.

Don't give me that crap about you bought it as is. Every other company stands by their products and works to make them better.

RISM or Research in Slow Motion works to make you buy slightly upgraded half asss devices like the 9800 and the future Storm 3. The Droid rolled out with a 5 MP camera a month after the Storm 2 an its 3.2 and now Android is up to 8 and probably within a few months will be up to 10. Some Android devices can even record in HD. RISM has finally rolled out a Blackberry with a 5 MP camera. Again stuck in 2009.

The icons in OS 6 are a slightly and I use the term slightly loosely upgraded version of the Bold icons from 2008 pathetic. They couldn't even come up with a nicer looking set of icons, while Samsung, Motorola, and HTC can come up with their own versions of Android icons RISM can't even bother to find some out of work Art Major and pay them a few thousand dollars to upgrade that out of date piece of shiit icon set from over 2 years ago.

Their new work of art 9800 uses a form factor made popular...wait scratch can't really say popular, that the beloved Palm Pre made infamous. Wonder what HP thinks of that form factor. A form factor that RISM would have to use because it incorporates that damn Blackberry full QWERTY. IF they are still in business in 60 years when teleporters finally get going a RISM made teleporter will still have that damnn QWERTY keypad.

As they come out with updates for 6, it will probably drag this device down, because again, RISM is unwilling to go high tech and it is still using the processor they shoved into the 9700 a device that they will soon be replacing because it can't run 6, or it will run 6 half assed, becaused by the time they stick 6 in you might be able to run a solitaire game and the OS.

I can go on and on and on if you would like?

Is it that difficult for them to use a faster processor? Is it that impossible for them use a better camera or a higher resolution screen? Is it that impossible for them to just stick 1 gig of memory into the damnn thing so that the device doesn't go completely out of date after 9 fricking months?

No it isn't.

RISM is one of two things, either incompetent or greedy and I will not stand by a company any longer that are either one of those things.

Bye RISM enjoy the money you have received from me won't happen again.

I will miss push email though.
    I have just one question...wth does "RISM" stand for? I've heard of RIM, and I know they are "RIMM" on wall street, but I don't know "RISM".

perhaps you are referring to About RISM
    Dave - Moto Bionic

Global Posts
    30,848 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

Anyone ever try 4.5 on the 87XX devices??? That was an adventure too. It worked, but DAMN it was slow. Some carriers still released it, but Verizon decided (wisely in my opinion) not to release it. Although I DID put 4.5 on my 8703
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts

Why you may ask are people bittching? ... I will miss push email though.
    I almost wanna print that whole speech and frame it.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    PIN
    333C8CC4

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I could keep doing this all day hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ok now I am tired of it.

I highlighted the area that made me laugh so hard. No I don't remember 5.0 on the 88xx series and 83xx series because the only devices to get 5 out of all those devices were the 8330 and the 8350. That was it, and it ran no better than 4.5 so again

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Feel big? Do you win at the internetz? Shut down your computer, open your door to your house and walk outside. Go cry to apple and get an iphone.

Global Posts
    9,524 Global Posts

And the Droid X is no toy, you can recieve E-mail set tasks, uses Memo's AND Docs to Go works just fine on it, so tell me again how much of a toy it is, when I need to go online and get some specific information for something on the road, I would much rather have the Android browser than the lame Blackberry browser.
    webkit will address the "lame BB browser" issue
    Dave - Moto Bionic
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

dave, I was also unaware what RISM stands for but Valace went on to explain it means research in slow motion. LOL hit the nail on the head
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    PIN
    333C8CC4

And the only reason I said droids and iphones are toys are because they have so many useless apps. Soundboards.....fart apps....an app to make clapping noises? Come on. Waste of memory.

Global Posts
    9,524 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trustno1 View Post
    dave, I was also unaware what RISM stands for but Valace went on to explain it means research in slow motion. LOL hit the nail on the head
    ah. he's a real jokester. next time, he might want to put an explanation in his sig line to alert the rest of us to his inside joke. He writes so verbosely, I'm not about to read his every word. thanks for the explanation!
    Dave - Moto Bionic
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    If RIM will release the Webkit browser for S2, I think that will appease most users. IMHO.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    828 Global Posts

I'm personally pissed because I upgraded to the Storm 2 (which, on my carrier, was released last April) in the hopes that I would get at least some form of support.

Instead, RIM released a device with no foresight of what would come in the future and left adopters (the phone isn't even a year old yet) with a device which the company deems obsolete. Meanwhile, I turn around to see that, on the other side of the fence, early Android phones and iPhones are receiving OS upgrades even if their phones are already 2-3 years old.

I personally don't care about all the bell and whistles in OS6. The main thing I do care about is the Webkit browser. I can't navigate using the original browser (the pages I visit renders horribly or takes ages to load/locks up browser [StackOverflow anyone]).

Now I'm left with a device which, less then a few days ago, was considered as RIM's flagship touchscreen device. Today, it's simply an old and obsolete piece of technology which is simply miles behind... and it became that before passing through the usual stages of "second in line, but still pretty good", "good", etc...

I will upgrade to a 9800... Reluctantly, but I will...

Global Posts
    9,524 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brown_storm View Post
    If RIM will release the Webkit browser for S2, I think that will appease most users. IMHO.
    I look forward to webkit more than the other features of OS6 (not that OS6 wouldn't be (apparently, from the videos), a nice update). If it doesn't work with the S2, I'm not going to throw my phone under the bus. Come upgrade time, I think I can see my way clear to purchasing an S3, though, if it isn't a "yawner" upgrade. I suspect it will be worth the small cost, eh?
    Dave - Moto Bionic
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    PIN
    cho, Bronson

I did accept storm2 for what is was. Then I got rid of it. As a phone its fine. It doesnt take much to work the phone functions on any phone. I mainly use it for data. I want a phone that has a good web browser and apps that I can use. I will not stand for horrible support and being either the last or not getting at all the cool apps that come out for phones. Even non touch screen BBs were getting more love than the storm.

Only thing I miss is the messaging. Android still needs work but at least I can expect some support.

Even the new Torch. Screen sucks, processer sucks, web kit is a great improvement only because BB owners were suffering with the worst browser next to WAP. A rotten apple would taste great after eating crap.

RIM is a good company but is way behind on the tech. It wrks for the job but other than that they are falling flat.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dwnshft View Post
    But ya know what, at the end of the day its a PHONE people!
    But it's not just a phone. It's a SMARTphone. That means that nearly everyone that bought it -- or any other smartphone -- did so because they want something that does a lot more than make calls. If that's all we wanted, we'd just buy a cheap prepaid phone and save ourselves a lot on monthly fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwnshft View Post
    I agree that people are majorly blowing this out of proportion, and I think a lot of them just rant because they need something to rant about. But each and every one of us spent a lot of money on these devices, even if we got it at a discount with contract, etc. And I think most of us expected that by getting the "best" 'berry RIM was putting out at the time, we'd be able to see significant updates for more than a mere 9 months.

I know the smartphone market moves insanely fast, but as others have pointed out, both Android 2.2 and iOS 4 support devices that are more than a year old. I don't agree with a lot of the tirades that people are having over this, but it's hard to argue that RIM (and Verizon) aren't giving Storm 2 owners the short shrift.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,856 Global Posts

Feel big? Do you win at the internetz? Shut down your computer, open your door to your house and walk outside. Go cry to apple and get an iphone.

LOL. You remind me of me from a year ago. Iphone sucks, Iphone sucks, if you don't like Blackberry go buy an Iphone.

Funny thing is Apple is screwed and they don't even realize it yet. Carrier exclusivity is going to off the Iphone, and put Apple in the toilet.

Why do you need an Iphone when you can get an EVO on Sprint which is as good for 80 bucks on an almost everything plan. Why do you need an Iphone when you can get the Droid X or Incredible which are as good as the Iphone and stay on a much better network and at the same monthly price point.

A multi carrier launch of the Iphone would be the only thing that could save Apple at this point, because the Iphone is still a name. As was Palm right up until Hp bought them out. As is RISM right now, everytime some assshole celebrity pulls out a Blackberry people gotta oooh and ahh the damnn thing, it is still a status symbol.

Android does. Hate to say it, I have enjoyed my Blackberries, but there are devices that are so much better and RISM refuses to change. I have to pay 30 bucks a month for a data plan I might as well have a device that allows me to get my monies worth.

An I have never not once said that my Storm didn't do most of what I needed it to. Most of the time it works like it should. I am just sick and tired of settling for 3rd best.
    I have seen the light.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,566 Global Posts
    PIN
    CHED NERVE

Sound advise.
    Sadly, I'm sure it's falling on deaf ears.
    RIM is dead. Long live BlackBerry!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,856 Global Posts

I will believe that when I see it, pity RISM couldn't make it happen for their current customers who purchased a device 9 months ago, oh did I mention that Google has been able to update the G1 (remember that phone it came out with the 9530) and Apple was able to get OS 4 to work on the 3GS, and oh yea the Hero and Eris will be able to run Froyo, they came out a month after the S2 if I am not mistaken. Looks like RIsM is the only company that can not adequately support their devices.
    I have seen the light.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,856 Global Posts

I look forward to webkit more than the other features of OS6 (not that OS6 wouldn't be (apparently, from the videos), a nice update). If it doesn't work with the S2, I'm not going to throw my phone under the bus. Come upgrade time, I think I can see my way clear to purchasing an S3, though, if it isn't ANOTHER "yawner" upgrade. I suspect it will be worth the small cost, eh?
    There fixed that for ya.
    I have seen the light.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts

I knew this site would be full of threads about being mad about the s2 not getting os6. It's been fun reading all the threads. Yes I am disappointed the the s2 will not get it, but it is a fact of life. People saying it is not fair to us s2 users, but I always keep coming back to a saying I tell my kids about the word fair. " Fair is a place were pigs go to compete for ribbons" Period. If you feel cheated, get over it and go buy different phone. I just hope that RIM and it's carriers do not forget about the s2 totally and keep trying, and I do mean trying, on improving the os we have now, and also the devs out there!
    IMAO
    I only trust two people in my life, one is me and the other is not you!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,856 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tappsmith View Post
    I knew this site would be full of threads about being mad about the s2 not getting os6. It's been fun reading all the threads. Yes I am disappointed the the s2 will not get it, but it is a fact of life. People saying it is not fair to us s2 users, but I always keep coming back to a saying I tell my kids about the word fair. " Fair is a place were pigs go to compete for ribbons" Period. If you feel cheated, get over it and go buy different phone. I just hope that RIM and it's carriers do not forget about the s2 totally and keep trying, and I do mean trying, on improving the os we have now, and also the devs out there!
    IMAO
    Fair would be our carriers of choice giving us an upgrade so that we can switch to a company that actually gives a shiiit about its products and customers.
    I have seen the light.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast