Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    What's the magic word?!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default FOR THE RANTERS..."Even tho I hate it, I keep my Storm because______________"

FOR STORM OWNERS/HATERS ONLY!!!

Ok...so....many ranters on here complain about the Storm...yet they still have it. So, why not have a place for those people who 'hate it but still have it' to "man up" and explain why. Before you answer...remember this...you had 30 days to test it....and we all know if you pitch a big enough b!tch about it to VZW they will let you trade it in for something else regardess of how long you've had it. This is a simple statement...let's see how many ranters answer honestly and how many don't. Here's your opportunity to explain yourself to us Storm lovers. No b!tchin...no whining...no flaming about VZW or RIM just straight up...finish the statement. We all talk sh!t in the other threads but for once let's just be honest. Who's first???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Not sure why you really care Kornholer, but back in the first part of December, there was hope of a OS release that would significantly improve the operation of the device. Many of us drank that RIMaid in hopes, and our 30 days past. I really don't think many of us early adopters had any idea we would be sitting here six months later still hoping.

Simple enough for you?
    CrackBerry Abuser

I am locked into a contract, not worth paying the money to get out or buy full retail.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    What's the magic word?!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Oilbrnr View Post
    Not sure why you really care Kornholer, but back in the first part of December, there was hope of a OS release that would significantly improve the operation of the device. Many of us drank that RIMaid in hopes, and our 30 days past. I really don't think many of us early adopters had any idea we would be sitting here six months later still hoping.

Simple enough for you?
    Its not that I care....I'm just tryin to understand how people hate somethin so bad yet still keep it. And maybe give a little back to my community in hopes that maybe one...just one...naysayer will become a yaysayer

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,802 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooKaboom View Post
    I am locked into a contract, not worth paying the money to get out or buy full retail.
    But even so, you could buy out your contract, sell your Storm on eBay, and come out with extra cash. Heck, even a broken Storm sells for more on eBay than what it would cost to get out of your contract!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,301 Global Posts
    PIN
    CHE palanca

Quote Originally Posted by unseenme View Post
    Its not that I care....I'm just tryin to understand how people hate somethin so bad yet still keep it.

the same question could be asked of you.

How can you love a device that's so bad and still keep it?
    : )

CrackBerry Abuser

it was my first smart phone, i didnt do the proper research, i didnt not know the features (IMAP mail) were available on other smart phones. so i just accepted it.. i was not making a lot of calls from my home area at the time so i didnt notice right away how bad the reception was on it. paying the fee to get out of the contract will be a lot cheaper then paying monthly for a phone that doesnt work for me. tomorrow i am going to go check out the iphone and see if it has the features i consider important to me, and find out what their return policy is etc...

basically i knew nothing about smart phones and didnt do the research i should have...
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    304879FE

Er... Yes, it is. Anything that alleviates stress or pain is worth the money

I mean if a guy complains about the pain in his nuts but he keeps punching himself in the balls, he must find something about the experience enjoyable.
    Summer 2009 the iPhone will enter Summer 2006

B'sides, I'm originally a Texan. Disputes are why God made Mossberg

"Us... We are the unphysical." - Valace2 on Storm owners
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    304879FE

Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post

How the **** would you know? Someone told you so? The same someone that tells you the return numbers for the storm, the true sales figures and Santa Claus's route each Xmas? Its not like you actually own the phone

GTFO troll

CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    What's the magic word?!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

I don't remember EVER saying mine is bad. Not one lockup since .75...not one single dropped call...only 3 random reboots (2 after initially installing new software). My Stormie runs great! Not perfect, but great!

CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckH0308 View Post
    But even so, you could buy out your contract, sell your Storm on eBay, and come out with extra cash. Heck, even a broken Storm sells for more on eBay than what it would cost to get out of your contract!
    I wish it were that simple. I don't have your normal vanilla account.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by kuroshio View Post

I mean if a guy complains about the pain in his nuts but he keeps punching himself in the balls, he must find something about the experience enjoyable.
    I don't have the same luxury as your normal consumer.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    What's the magic word?!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Beautiful analogy kuro........beautiful!

CrackBerry Master

PIN
    304879FE

I don't have the same luxury as your normal consumer.
    Corporate provided account or family plan? Those are valid reasons for keeping something you don't like. Actually, only a corporate provided phone is (I can't stand this Symbol smartbrick work provides but have no choice).

I know for a fact, from experience, VZ will allow you to switch phones and maintain your contract.

CrackBerry Abuser

Corporate provided account or family plan? Those are valid reasons for keeping something you don't like. Actually, only a corporate provided phone is (I can't stand this Symbol smartbrick work provides but have no choice).

I know for a fact, from experience, VZ will allow you to switch phones and maintain your contract.
    Family plan yes, but a little more than a corporate account.
    CrackBerry Addict

I am telling you if you walk in to a vzw store they will give you another phone. i got a curve for my storm with no probs. I had the storm for four months. they gave me a curve with out hassle. Thats how you know that VZW made a mistake
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    What's the magic word?!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Quote Originally Posted by bmfan View Post
    it was my first smart phone, i didnt do the proper research, i didnt not know the features (IMAP mail) were available on other smart phones. so i just accepted it.. i was not making a lot of calls from my home area at the time so i didnt notice right away how bad the reception was on it. paying the fee to get out of the contract will be a lot cheaper then paying monthly for a phone that doesnt work for me. tomorrow i am going to go check out the iphone and see if it has the features i consider important to me, and find out what their return policy is etc...

basically i knew nothing about smart phones and didnt do the research i should have...
    I wish you well...and good luck with THAT reception!

CrackBerry Abuser

kuroshio, I find your quote about the iPhone interesting. Didn't the Storm just enter the touch screen worse than the iPhone 1st Gen about a year and half later?
    CrackBerry Addict

my girlfriend has the darkside and she has no problem with reception.
    CrackBerry Addict

the 1st gen wasnt as bad as the storm's start. My roomate had the iphone from the start. There were a few bugs but nothing like the storms
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,301 Global Posts
    PIN
    CHE palanca

Unseenme remember also that a lot of these people got suckered in by the fanboys who kept saying "an update is on its way this device is going to rock, give it time, wait for the crap...app store, RIM is working really hard on it and will fix it. It will be worth the wait."

The "trolls/haters" were waving red flags back in December but were quickly dismissed as knowing nothing.

This place (rants and raves) is blowing up with complaints and rightfully so.

I said back in December that in 6 months people would get real vocal after they found out VZW duped them : )

CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by stormsucks75 View Post
    I am telling you if you walk in to a vzw store they will give you another phone. i got a curve for my storm with no probs. I had the storm for four months. they gave me a curve with out hassle. Thats how you know that VZW made a mistake
    I really wish it were that simple. I don't have a consumer account or corporate account. It is much different than me walking into the store. I just don't have that luxury.

If you think you have it tough you have no idea.

Unseenme remember also that a lot of these people got suckered in by the fanboys who kept saying "an update is on its way this device is going to rock, give it time, wait for the crap...app store, RIM is working really hard on it and will fix it. It will be worth the wait."

The "trolls/haters" were waving red flags back in December but were quickly dismissed as knowing nothing.

This place (rants and raves) is blowing up with complaints and rightfully so.

I said back in December that in 6 months people would get real vocal after they found out VZW duped them : )
    Yes you did, I remember that...
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he did not exist...
    CrackBerry Addict

i am in a family plan. i am the not the main person on the account. I just walked in there with my password and they allowed me to exchange
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    304879FE

Quote Originally Posted by stormsucks75 View Post
    It's VZ's policy for all phones. I did it with the LG Dare -> Storm (as did others), people do it for the Voyager -> Dare, Curve -> HTC Touch Pro -> Omnia.

It's not a spoken policy but it does exist

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast