Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default iPhone users wetting pants?

Before you take this as another iPhone bash thread, please feel free to not feel that way.

After being sent this article with the original thought that I would be LaugingMyAO, as I continued to read it and really felt bad for iPhone users. Apple should seriously step their game up. They are known for being really stubborn when it comes to listening to their consumers, but to ignore this? What is WRONG with them! This should make all of BB users proud to own a Black Berry, because our security has remained untouched! Did you know many professional ethical hackers use blackberries? What does that tell you?

Anyway, read below.

How To Hijack 'Every iPhone In The World' - Forbes.com

My bad side(which some of you may have seen in the earlier .148 Card builds) makes me want this attack to go through successfully. I know it sounds bad but maybe this is what apple needs to really start taking this serious if they want to penetrate the business market harder.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    PIN
    305B6E8A

Quote Originally Posted by Card Storm View Post
    Before you take this as another iPhone bash thread, please feel free to not feel that way.

After being sent this article with the original thought that I would be LaugingMyAO, as I continued to read it and really felt bad for iPhone users. Apple should seriously step their game up. They are known for being really stubborn when it comes to listening to their consumers, but to ignore this? What is WRONG with them! This should make all of BB users proud to own a Black Berry, because our security has remained untouched! Did you know many professional ethical hackers use blackberries? What does that tell you?

Anyway, read below.

How To Hijack 'Every iPhone In The World' - Forbes.com

My bad side(which some of you may have seen in the earlier .148 Card builds) makes me want this attack to go through successfully. I know it sounds bad but maybe this is what apple needs to really start taking this serious if they want to penetrate the business market harder.
    Now that is some scary stuff!

I guess one thing Apple can thank is that the guys discovering these holes are good guys and are holding off how they'll do it until it's shown at a closed-doors event for Apple security employees to see and fix.

It also concerns me a bit that Apple has let some of these holes linger since 2007! Really, Apple??
    App Version: 5.0.0.328
    redzapper's 3G Storm Black Theme
    Ask T.H.e Council: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-storm-f86/ask-t-h-e-council-327192/
    T.H.Council FF
    CrackBerry Newbie

The iPhone OS wasn't built at the start to be secure with great encryption like the Blackberry OS. The iPhone has had many exploits.

I can guarantee you, though, that AT&T's network would drastically improve if all iPhones failed at once. Then 3G might be functional/adequate.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by bendeming View Post
    The iPhone OS wasn't built at the start to be secure with great encryption like the Blackberry OS. The iPhone has had many exploits.

I can guarantee you, though, that AT&T's network would drastically improve if all iPhones failed at once. Then 3G might be functional/adequate.
    lol. Strange logic but I get it. I am tempted to add a poll of Pro Hack and Anti Hack on the iPhone.

I personally am for it just because I think it would be interesting. I do however find chaos a funny thing when implemented in a way where no one is physically hurt. Cmon it would make a good news headline.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    PIN
    305B6E8A

lol. Strange logic but I get it. I am tempted to add a poll of Pro Hack and Anti Hack on the iPhone.

I personally am for it just because I think it would be interesting. I do however find chaos a funny thing when implemented in a way where no one is physically hurt. Cmon it would make a good news headline.
    I kind of agree with you here. I think someone should exploit this hole to make the iPhone vibrate, ring, and then display a funny picture. Lock the user from clearing the picture for a set amount of time.

If this hits every iPhone across the US and parts of the rest of the world, I'm sure it'll be a massive wake-up call to Apple!
    Ask T.H.e Council: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=327192
    T.H.Council FF
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Zipster View Post
    I kind of agree with you here. I think someone should exploit this hole to make the iPhone vibrate, ring, and then display a funny picture. Lock the user from clearing the picture for a set amount of time.

If this hits every iPhone across the US and parts of the rest of the world, I'm sure it'll be a massive wake-up call to Apple!
    EXACTLY! a friendly hack with a "" that pops up on the screen.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Wow that's great, I wish they show us how to do it step by step
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    PIN
    305B6E8A

EXACTLY! a friendly hack with a "" that pops up on the screen.
    What about the Smilie from The Watchmen instead? A bit more edgy.

Or an animated giggling Smilie!
    T.H.Council FF
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

haha i'm with raven on this one! all my friends have iphones and i have the nice safe blackbery
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

I am DOWN witht he watchmen idea. And then have the intro music to LOST on the screen!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHA.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

and watch tomorrow someone comes in and gets offended and tries to defend their iPhone against security attacks. its better to admit to issues so they can be resolved rather than be ashamed of them and let them go overlooked.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    PIN
    305B6E8A

I am DOWN witht he watchmen idea. And then have the intro music to LOST on the screen!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHA.
    You do know that if it ever does happen, that you and I will be the first ones they go after right?

and watch tomorrow someone comes in and gets offended and tries to defend their iPhone against security attacks. its better to admit to issues so they can be resolved rather than be ashamed of them and let them go overlooked.
    Read: RCCollins with a link to the UAE blotch as his "proof" that RIM's security is worse. But we've all read my rebuttal which showed it as nothing more than him grasping at straws.
    Last edited by Zipster; 07-29-2009 at 10:13 PM.
    T.H.Council FF
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    30b531ea

This is ridiculous. Forget about Apple...well, it'd be BAD for Apple, but what does it say about ATT? It's pretty widely agreed that if they didn't have the iPhone they would be WAY behind the industry curve and if it's proven that the device can be pretty much bait for hackers, good lord.
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
    -Frank Sinatra
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by snowgimp View Post
    This is ridiculous. Forget about Apple...well, it'd be BAD for Apple, but what does it say about ATT? It's pretty widely agreed that if they didn't have the iPhone they would be WAY behind the industry curve and if it's proven that the device can be pretty much bait for hackers, good lord.
    wow, you can say that again.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    PIN
    305B6E8A

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Valkyrie View Post
    Wow that's great, I wish they show us how to do it step by step
    Not exactly a step-by-step, but here's an article where the embedded videos show a security expert cracking an iPhone 3G S in roughly 5 minutes! With the same freeware you use to jailbreak it!

Hacker Says iPhone 3GS Encryption Is ‘Useless’ for Businesses | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

That it only takes freeware to bust through the "security" of an iPhone makes me shudder a bit.
    T.H.Council FF
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts

Or potentially Dennis Nedry when they try and unlock it.
    http://www.rootology.com/errors/needry.gif
    CrackBerry Master

A for Anarchy, or a V for Vendetta.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

Not exactly a step-by-step, but here's an article where the embedded videos show a security expert cracking an iPhone 3G S in roughly 5 minutes! With the same freeware you use to jailbreak it!

Hacker Says iPhone 3GS Encryption Is ‘Useless’ for Businesses | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

That it only takes freeware to bust through the "security" of an iPhone makes me shudder a bit.
    wow, thanks for the information information. That is really interesting as WELL! Considering OS leaks do not cause your blackberry to be hacked! I bet no one thought about jailbreaking being potentially harmful. Where are our normal iPhone Posse at like Jeli and Scorpio, havent seen them chime in yet. Theres not really much to say to this other than good luck fellow smatphoners!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    PIN
    305B6E8A

Quote Originally Posted by wentouch View Post
    A for Anarchy, or a V for Vendetta.
    Mmmm. I like your style. V symbol against Apple's heavy-handed rule over their products perhaps?
    T.H.Council FF
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

Mmmm. I like your style. V symbol against Apple's heavy-handed rule over their products perhaps?
    agreed.....................
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by dcorx View Post
    haha i'm with raven on this one! all my friends have iphones and i have the nice safe blackbery
    Much irony considering Mac computers are (mostly) hack/virus-free, yet my beloved PCs are not....at least my storm is...for now....
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

Quote Originally Posted by ncs225 View Post
    Much irony considering Mac computers are (mostly) hack/virus-free, yet my beloved PCs are not....at least my storm is...for now....
    I know isnt that so weird that their phones are hackable? It is very non-consistent. How can you make a phone version of your safe computers, yet the phone is not safe itself. Now since RIM can make a safe phone, image if RIM started making business laptops.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,497 Global Posts
    PIN
    28E5B3AF

This is great. I am down hack it that would make my year.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    PIN
    305B6E8A

iPhone Jailbreaking Could Crash Cellphone Towers, Apple Claims | Threat Level | Wired.com

Another article another CrackBerry member came across, where Apple claims that by jailbreaking the iPhone, it opens the door for hackers to upload malicious software that can end up at the cell tower computers and cause wide-spread damage.

While it is Apple creating a case to not allow jailbreaking to be legalized, I'm beginning to think that Apple isn't too far off. Considering that jailbreaking software is what Zdziarski said he used to crack the 3G S...
    T.H.Council FF
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

Card storm you are srsly THE biggest fanboy on crackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast