Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default I thought my storm was kickin it!

Hey all, well I've had my storm now for about 5 months but i am a 2 year BB user. I thought we were really kickin some @ss with the last OS leak. things were starting to actually work with some speed and functionality. UNTIL my son wanted an Itouch for passing. Sure np he did out standing in school so something cool really was a no brainer. Now after playing with this thing and I'm assuming that an iphone functionality is about the same boy does BB have a long way to go in the smart phone market. Its like comparing 2 different generations of phones. When you look at the hardware of the 2 they are relatively similar. Could it all be in the OS that we suffer. I still have high hope for my storm but boy do they have a long way to go. Just some thoughts from an avid BB user.
    Retired Mod

PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero

Moved. Thread title edited.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Yeah, and AT & T has a lot of work to do before they can ever provide the level of service that Verizon does.

The iPhone is cool and all, but it's pretty much worthless to me if the carrier that carries the exclusive contract with the iphone is an extremely lousy one.

Would much rather have a decent phone, and exceptional coverage and outstanding customer service with my carrier than some played out trendy phone that even the type of people that would be on Jerry Springer have now.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by foo_yong View Post
    Yeah, and AT & T has a lot of work to do before they can ever provide the level of service that Verizon does.

The iPhone is cool and all, but it's pretty much worthless to me if the carrier that carries the exclusive contract with the iphone is an extremely lousy one.

Would much rather have a decent phone, and exceptional coverage and outstanding customer service with my carrier than some played out trendy phone that even the type of people that would be on Jerry Springer have now.
    LOL. Yo that was funny and so true. Welcome to Crackberry.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks ! I've been lurking on here for a while, figured it was time to start posting !
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,147 Global Posts
    PIN
    LPG5ULJQ - Live profile (try it!)

Yeah that's if you assume VZW coverage is better everywhere. I do agree that VZW has the best overall coverage. But in my town att has better coverage. FYI AT&T wasn't the largest network for nothing. I assume there are millions of customers out their who get the coverage they need.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu View Post
    Yeah that's if you assume VZW coverage is better everywhere. I do agree that VZW has the best overall coverage. But in my town att has better coverage. FYI AT&T wasn't the largest network for nothing. I assume there are millions of customers out their who get the coverage they need.
    But what about the millions of AT&T customers that don't get good coverage?
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WesternCanuk View Post
    Hey all, well I've had my storm now for about 5 months but i am a 2 year BB user. I thought we were really kickin some @ss with the last OS leak. things were starting to actually work with some speed and functionality. UNTIL my son wanted an Itouch for passing. Sure np he did out standing in school so something cool really was a no brainer. Now after playing with this thing and I'm assuming that an iphone functionality is about the same boy does BB have a long way to go in the smart phone market. Its like comparing 2 different generations of phones. When you look at the hardware of the 2 they are relatively similar. Could it all be in the OS that we suffer. I still have high hope for my storm but boy do they have a long way to go. Just some thoughts from an avid BB user.
    this is definately in the software dude. Blackberry had to use new hardware to support this thing. All it takes if for them to take out some time and make a faster OS....you have to remember that apple has been known for their fast operating system....but that doesnt mean the whole storm is outdated because its OS is slower than the iPhones. Itll get better i would think.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,147 Global Posts
    PIN
    LPG5ULJQ - Live profile (try it!)

Quote Originally Posted by Itzdatdude View Post
    But what about the millions of AT&T customers that don't get good coverage?
    Well then they shouldn't be AT&T customers. Only a foolish person would still pay a company money and not receive adequate service. Like I said, I think VZW has the best coverage overall, but they don't cover everywhere and not the best everywhere as some might think. So when someone says TMobile coverage sucks.... that might be true for where they live, BUT NOT FOR EVERYONE. I'm sure of all the customers they have, there are millions that have no problems. And the ones that do are idiots for sticking. Much like a foolish person would keep a device that works half the time.
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini
    CrackBerry Addict

Well then they shouldn't be AT&T customers. Only a foolish person would still pay a company money and not receive adequate service. Like I said, I think VZW has the best coverage overall, but they don't cover everywhere and not the best everywhere as some might think. So when someone says TMobile coverage sucks.... that might be true for where they live, BUT NOT FOR EVERYONE. I'm sure of all the customers they have, there are millions that have no problems. And the ones that do are idiots for sticking. Much like a foolish person would keep a device that works half the time.
    Well where I live at we get all the major carriers, and t-mobile customers say their service sucks. Some can't change cause they're locked into their contract or they use to have a different and owe them money. Who knows. But as far as having a phone that works half the time, all phones are not perfect so if thats the case then YOU must be foolish along with us.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,237 Global Posts

easy there mr sophisticated
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jakeh0 View Post
    easy there mr sophisticated
    Text is easily misconstrued, I should have included that I have hillbilly redneck family members that I don't claim being related to,
    and this past weekend they all had iPhones, it was enough to make me glad I have something different for a phone than they do
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Just Ask

Text is easily misconstrued, I should have included that I have hillbilly redneck family members that I don't claim being related to,
    and this past weekend they all had iPhones, it was enough to make me glad I have something different for a phone than they do
    I got a simple answer... get a iphone is u want one... no one is stopping you
    RAZRV3(x4) > VX10000 (x3) > Storm 9530(.148)

Global Posts
    33,443 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

I'm with Scorpio on this one. And as for Tmobile, no one can beat their prices and the amount of anytime minutes they give you. There are pluses and minuses to every company. You go for the company that first has the best service in your area, and second has the phone/phones you want. And if price is the issue, you get Tmobile, they ain't THAT bad, but yes Verizon and ATT are generally much better. You might go for Sprint too on price (for that everything plan), or if you want a Palm Pre or the PTT 8350i BB.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by scorpiodsu
    Much like a foolish person would keep a device that works half the time. ?
    Wow, I agree. That would be a foolish thing to do.

That's why I love my storm. It's reliable, practical and does everything I need it to. I can mms with it, customize ring tones using mp3's, record videos..... The list goes on.

Just wished I could fax with it directly.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WesternCanuk View Post
    I have to agree with you. I just switched from the storm and it really is like night and day when comparing these two. I think BB has a lot of work to do on the OS before it should really be compared with the iphone.
  17. ThreeSixMafia

I think its all in the OS. I think their OS can be improved through updates.