Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    PIN
    s go in your eyes, pins are better than contacts!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default I bought an 05 Saturn Ion then GM came out with an 06 Ion. Will there be a discount?

I mean I only buy GM cars and It's taken me two years to pay off this car. I don't think it's fare that I buy the 2005 model and GM puts out the 2006 only a few months after I bought to 2005.

I'm also scared that GM will stop servicing the 2005 at the Goodwrench centers. I can't believe GM did this I'm going to buy a civic unless they give me a huge discount for all these years of loyalty.

Oh...and I have a blackberry storm

I'd hate for the mods to think this was off topic .
    Quote Originally Posted by user
    I never knew people where so opposed to the idea of a black Jesus until I came to Crackberry *joins another forum*
    CrackBerry Abuser

NOOB why didn't you just buy the Nissan Sentra. It's clearly a better car and always has been. Saturn better recall all the Ions and refund the money because it's NOT A SENTRA!!! UNACCEPTABLE, GM!
    I swear I didn't post this while driving!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ned up and ready to go

lol great post!!!!
    Stupid is NOT a disease
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    STRIPED: SUIT:

Hahahahaahaha

nice

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

Now that is funny!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,133 Global Posts
    PIN
    NED YA AGAIN !

very nice....LOL
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmeden View Post
    NOOB why didn't you just buy the Nissan Sentra. It's clearly a better car and always has been. Saturn better recall all the Ions and refund the money because it's NOT A SENTRA!!! UNACCEPTABLE, GM!
    I don't want to compare the two but the Nissan Sentra is far better. I am a mechanical engineer and have a high level technical job and I also drive cars all the time so I should know.

CrackBerry Addict

THough I love this post...

Many car dealerships do in fact give loyalty discounts. I received a loyalty discount to the tune of 6,000 bucks off of a VW because I've owned VW's for 15 years and bought 4 through one dealership in particular. GM has a dedicated loyalty program...

So this analogy has SOME flaws...

But it is still funny.

Now where is my damn storm discount.
    Banned

Oh yeah, well GMAC won't let me out of my contract early so I can upgrade to a new G6. They said something about committing to a contract with a 2008 G6, and when that contract expires I can get a new car.

I like my Storm too.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by kb5zht View Post
    I don't want to compare the two but the Nissan Sentra is far better. I am a mechanical engineer and have a high level technical job and I also drive cars all the time so I should know.

I know!!! The way the door handle kind of pulls out and then up to open the door is obviously the way any REAL car should work. The Ion's lack of door pull technique identical to the Sentra's is a DEFECT and GM owes us all REFUNDS!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    PIN
    305B6E8A

We all know that the Saturn Ion is a "me too" car after the Nissan Sentra!

You have to be blind not to see that both have steering wheels, seats, windows, wheels, an engine, etc..

Nissan is the true innovator and Saturn is only playing catch-up at this point. If they don't do a complete rebuild of their cars from scratch, optimized for driving, then they're just going backwards while the competition passes them by.

*This is a parody of the many trolls that we have*
    App Version: 5.0.0.328
    redzapper's 3G Storm Black Theme
    Ask T.H.e Council: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-storm-f86/ask-t-h-e-council-327192/
    T.H.Council FF
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,697 Global Posts
    PIN
    30FC76A6

Look out OP, my Jeep Liberty is a Saturn-Killer. Before long EVERYONE will be driving them, regardless of what kind of car you want/need!
    Check these out: QuickLaunch, MeterBerry, BeNexus, BerryJoose, BerryWeather, Poynt, BerryBuzz...and CB Launcher, of course!
    Follow me on Twitter
    Check out my blog
    People with iPhones are TRENDY...People with BlackBerrys are IMPORTANT
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Zipster View Post
    We all know that the Saturn Ion is a "me too" car after the Nissan Sentra!

You have to be blind not to see that both have steering wheels, seats, windows, wheels, an engine, etc..

Nissan is the true innovator and Saturn is only playing catch-up at this point. If they don't do a complete rebuild of their cars from scratch, optimized for driving, then they're just going backwards while the competition passes them by.

*This is a parody of the many trolls that we have*
    Well, let's face it.... Anybody who buys a saturn is just doing it out of blind loyalty..... And those who say they like it?

They're just lieing to themselves.

the Nissan is spanking the Saturn.
    Last edited by kb5zht; 09-08-2009 at 02:28 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

I'm not implying anything but how long does the average user keep a brand new car versus a brand new cellphone?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,805 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's that?

Good question. I usually keep my cell phones for one or two years, but my current car turns 10 years this month. And yes, I bought it new.

Nissan FTW!!!

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Quote Originally Posted by McCracken View Post
    THough I love this post...

Many car dealerships do in fact give loyalty discounts. I received a loyalty discount to the tune of 6,000 bucks off of a VW because I've owned VW's for 15 years and bought 4 through one dealership in particular. GM has a dedicated loyalty program...

So this analogy has SOME flaws...

But it is still funny.

Now where is my damn storm discount.
    anyone can qualify for the loyalty program. Its built into the purchase price already so joe blow off the street can get the same pricing
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    797 Global Posts
    PIN
    Me No More

This thread is so full of fail. You guys really need to come up with a better argument. Cars and cell phones are different, and the same rules do not apply tool.
    Bye Storm!
    Hello Incredible!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    797 Global Posts
    PIN
    Me No More

Quote Originally Posted by paulwright1 View Post
    anyone can qualify for the loyalty program. Its built into the purchase price already so joe blow off the street can get the same pricing
    Er, I don't know, I got an additional 3,000 off a new Mazda 3 since I owned a Mazda already, my cousin could not get the same price, since he wasn't a "loyal mazda owner"
    Bye Storm!
    Hello Incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by Kylazin View Post
    This thread is so full of fail. You guys really need to come up with a better argument. Cars and cell phones are different, and the same rules do not apply tool.
    Yes the analogies do work the same.

Er, I don't know, I got an additional 3,000 off a new Mazda 3 since I owned a Mazda already, my cousin could not get the same price, since he wasn't a "loyal mazda owner"
    then he didnt say the right thing to get the discount. I sold cars for a while and I can tell you that its built into the price for anyone. Its just another way to try and dupe the current owners in getting the same brand of car or truck.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    797 Global Posts
    PIN
    Me No More

Okay, so you have to convince the car dealer to give you a better deal, when all I had to do was drive my mazda to the dealership. Doesn't sound "built-in" to me. Sounds like you have to haggle with the dealership even more than is already necessary.
    Bye Storm!
    Hello Incredible!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    PIN
    3066C98C

A Nissan would in no doubt be a better car than saturn. But a Nissan is still not as reliable as a Toyota, Lexus, Honda and other imports. American made cars will never prevail. Thats just my opinion however.

As for the OP wehn you were buying this 05 Saturn you could have done some research and probably would have found out that this was one of those inventory clearing sales. I went through the same situation as you when i bought my 06 Tundra the salesperson told me there was a new on coming out in like 6 months but i really needed a truck so i got one (and this guy was so nice he got me one that was brand new with the plastic still on it!!! Lol and it had all the options i wanted and the perfect color!!!! Then the 07's came out and i was drooling all over them but i lived with it.
    Last edited by redman213; 09-08-2009 at 03:36 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Cars and cell phones are different
    NU UH! Name ONE way in which a car and a cell phone differ!

If you can't take a joke, don't bother mugging Carrot Top. Seriously, he is dirt poor. But, I digress.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,697 Global Posts
    PIN
    30FC76A6

Quote Originally Posted by redman213 View Post
    A Nissan would in no doubt be a better car than saturn. But a Nissan is still not as reliable as a Toyota, Lexus, Honda and other imports. American made cars will never prevail. Thats just my opinion however.

As for the OP wehn you were buying this 05 Saturn you could have done some research and probably would have found out that this was one of those inventory clearing sales. I went through the same situation as you when i bought my 06 Tundra the salesperson told me there was a new on coming out in like 6 months but i really needed a truck so i got one (and this guy was so nice he got me one that was brand new with the plastic still on it!!! Lol and it had all the options i wanted and the perfect color!!!! Then the 07's came out and i was drooling all over them but i lived with it.
    How dare you bring logic and reason into this argument!? That's just not right!!
    Check these out: QuickLaunch, MeterBerry, BeNexus, BerryJoose, BerryWeather, Poynt, BerryBuzz...and CB Launcher, of course!
    Follow me on Twitter
    Check out my blog
    People with iPhones are TRENDY...People with BlackBerrys are IMPORTANT
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    PIN
    s go in your eyes, pins are better than contacts!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

Quote Originally Posted by redman213 View Post

HAHAHAHAHAHA I can't tell if you're playing along or if your trolling me hardcore. You've won this topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by user
    I never knew people where so opposed to the idea of a black Jesus until I came to Crackberry *joins another forum*
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast