Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,803 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Co-worker got a Blackberry Tour

And a piece of trim on the phone doesn't sit flush with the rest of the phone, you can push it in and it makes this popping noise as it pops back out.

Also, the phone will randomly decide to not go into standby.

Good job RIM!
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    STRIPED: SUIT:

doesnt beat our screen wobble

CrackBerry Abuser

No big deal just take it back and get a new one
    CrackBerry Genius

Heh, I don't understand. I was garaunteed by the ranters that the tour descended to the earth on a ray of golden light, would vanquish the storm off the face of the planet and render all storm users sterile.

I refuse to believe it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    904 Global Posts

This is the storm rants and raves section. Shouldn't you be ranting and raving in the Tour section? (Since that is the device you're talking about)
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best."
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by snork View Post
    This is the storm rants and raves section. Shouldn't you be ranting and raving in the Tour section? (Since that is the device you're talking about)
    I was thinking the same thing. Also I think people are just posting anything in THE STORM FORUM just to get something started. IMO
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,803 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

The overall point was that folks assumed it'd be Jesus, in blackberry form, returning to Earth and would be the end all of smartphones.

In the end it's just another Blackberry.

It also had horrible battery life and memory leak...but I pinpointed that issue to the Trapster app he downloaded, because I had the same problems when I had that app.

Deleted it and restarted, so far the phone's been running fine. The screen is going into standby mode too without fail so we'll see.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
    The overall point was that folks assumed it'd be Jesus, in blackberry form, returning to Earth and would be the end all of smartphones.

In the end it's just another Blackberry.

It also had horrible battery life and memory leak...but I pinpointed that issue to the Trapster app he downloaded, because I had the same problems when I had that app.

Deleted it and restarted, so far the phone's been running fine. The screen is going into standby mode too without fail so we'll see.
    That was the point of my sarcasm as well.... I am not quite sure where the source of the over confidence in the Tour was coming from for the storm bashers except that maybe they were just pulling it out of thin air to have something to troll with.

So far my confidence in the storm and RIM has been validated and justified.

===============================

... Still the best phone on the market...

storm > iphone 3gs

CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    STRIPED: SUIT:

Quote Originally Posted by kb5zht View Post
    That was the point of my sarcasm as well.... I am not quite sure where the source of the over confidence in the Tour was coming from for the storm bashers except that maybe they were just pulling it out of thin air to have something to troll with.

storm > iphone 3gs

They were clinging to their sad claim that rim botched the storm, rendering the only blackberry with any kind of problems. (which are therefore deemed to be completely unacceptable)

I mean, we all know that the storm was a rim mistake and no other phones have a dust problems, freezing, lag or reboot problems.

If you need me, i'll be in the tour forum reading about all the dust problems, freezing, lag and reboot problems.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,803 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

What do you mean?

My co-worker was excited about getting it (first Blackberry for him). I came in today and asked how he liked it, he told me and pointed out some issues.

I asked to play with it. I wasn't really blown away. The phone is perfect if you want a Storm with a trackball and physical keyboard. The UI is identical.

Plus it looks sleeker and is much lighter. I really like the battery cover on that thing. lol RIM has been gettin some slick battery covers lately (I like the brushed metallic look of the Storm's cover too).

I wasn't making the thread to try to validate Storm issues, my Storm doesn't have any issues to speak of anyway. In my few minutes in playing with the Tour, best way I could describe it was..."it's just like my phone....but without a touchscreen interface". Not some magical device the hype around here made it out to be beforehand.

Besides, if you want to be an Apple fanboy, I can throw it both ways. My roommate has an iPhone with the 3.0 software loaded on it. I've used it a few times because I'm lazy and we both leave our phones laying around, I'll hop on his to check something online real quick if it's closer to me than a computer or my phone. I'll also play some games on his when I'm really bored and I've had it lag when opening up a game or Safari, sometimes to the tune of about 10-15 seconds, it just sits there before it finally opens whatever it is I want to open. I've had lags while typing and switching orientation on the phone, and they're even more frequent with 3.0, he even admits to the problem himself (neither of us are fanboys, we don't get too adament over something as simple as a phone, we have these things called lives, we don't sit at bars and have Blackberry vs. iPhone discussions over a few brews, we, you know, converse about normal topics and meet new people).

We both own Infinitis and his iPhone will randomly disconnect from his bluetooth stack in his car for a few seconds and reconnect itself...not too convenient when trying to hold a conversation via Bluetooth in his car. This happened prior to the 3.0 release too. None of my Blackberries have ever had that issue in my Infiniti. Crystal clear sound and people can't even tell I'm on bluetooth.

No phone is perfect kid, hate to break it to ya.
    Last edited by fecurtis; 07-17-2009 at 02:09 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by fecurtis

Plus it looks sleeker and is much lighter.
    I figured it probably would be much lighter- there is a lot less hardware packed into most phones compared to the storm.

storm > iphone 3gs

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,352 Global Posts

I figured it probably would be much lighter- there is a lot less hardware packed into most phones compared to the storm.

storm > iphone 3gs

you really cant be that dumb can you?? seriously? thats serious question for you.

as far as weight, storm weighs a ton more due to its glass screen. glass is a lot heaver then the screen thats on the tour. The screen on the Tour is the same as found on the Bold, scratch resistant hard plastic.
    Current Device: Blackberry Bold 9650

Future Device: Droid Bionic 4G!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
    And a piece of trim on the phone doesn't sit flush with the rest of the phone, you can push it in and it makes this popping noise as it pops back out.

Also, the phone will randomly decide to not go into standby.

Good job RIM!
    RIM truly has been producing turds as of late, lets hope they get their act together, even though it may be too late already.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    PIN
    305B6E8A

As many issues as it has, people are still snatching these things up like candy. Should help RIM's overall sales soar for this year too!

And I do agree with the comments about how the Storm haters made the Tour seem like the "Storm-killer". It seems like it's got an equal amount of its own issues. But then again, what phone out there is hardware and software issue-free? None.
    App Version: 5.0.0.328
    redzapper's 3G Storm Black Theme
    Ask T.H.e Council: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-storm-f86/ask-t-h-e-council-327192/
    T.H.Council FF
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts

Well they are $99, the bargain/discount handset segment is the most popular.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,352 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RCCollins View Post
    Well they are $99, the bargain/discount handset segment is the most popular.
    whats $99? your not talking about the price of the Tour are you? The Tour cost is 199.00 after the 70 dollar rebate with a new 2 year contract with verizon
    Current Device: Blackberry Bold 9650

Future Device: Droid Bionic 4G!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mjbesen310 View Post
    whats $99? your not talking about the price of the Tour are you? The Tour cost is 199.00 after the 70 dollar rebate with a new 2 year contract with verizon
    The Storm is $99, it found its home in the bargain/discount bin.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    DONT NEED 1

And I'm sure it has the same ol'tired UI. 5.0 is nothing ground breaking. RIM's dev team needs a FACE LIFT!!
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    DONT NEED 1

Sad, slap in the face for those who spent $199 just 7 months ago.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    PIN
    305B6E8A

Right alongside the iPhone 3G! Woot!
    Ask T.H.e Council: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=327192
    T.H.Council FF
    Banned

PIN

storm > iphone 3gs

That's right folks, ignore all sales data and the fact that the 3Gs surpassed the Storm in 1 weekend. What this little dork says is the truth.

Good grief.

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    PIN
    305B6E8A

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmvr View Post
    That's right folks, ignore all sales data and the fact that the 3Gs surpassed the Storm in 1 weekend. What this little dork says is the truth.

Good grief.

He wasn't talking about the iPhone. He doesn't even have the word "iPhone" anywhere in his post, so I don't know why you're droning on about its sales figures. He was talking about how everyone who hated the Storm were saying that the Tour was going to be perfect and "show" us Storm users what-for.

So far, he's been kind of right. Various issues have cropped up on the Tour as well.
    Ask T.H.e Council: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=327192
    T.H.Council FF