Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    DONT NEED 1
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Bye Bye Storm...Hello..

Next Gen iPhone! After much debate, I have decided to dump my Storm for the next gen iPhone. I've been a RIM fan for YEARS but since the release of the Storm have grown tired of waiting for them to get it right. Meanwhile, Apple has been correcting everything that was negative about the iPhone. RIM is being left in the dust by every smartphone manufacturer out there. Palm has even developed a device that embarrasses the Storm. I'm a gadget freak and always want the latest and greatest. I thought the Storm was going to be just that but unfortunately I, along with many others, have been let down. I'm not sure RIM has what it takes to make an OS for the Storm that will compete with Apple, Palm, HTC, Nokia...and the list is growing by the day. **** even Casio is getting in the mix with a better more fluid UI. Lastly, I just see Apple being dedicated to making the best device available year in and year out. They have the brains backing them to do so. Not sure what is going on in Waterloo but it ain't pretty. I just hope their dedication to enterprise keeps them afloat. However, don't be surprised if Apple doesn't continue to suck more and more of RIM's business away. Had to get this off my chest, never thought I would be an iPhone fanboy but bottom line its just a MUCH BETTER DEVICE. Anyone else jumping? If so, see you in the iPhone forums!

UPDATE: I'm not buying the iPhone 3G S or the Storm 2 w/o doing a side by side comparison. Multitasking, eh not that big of a deal for me at the moment. I just need a fast snappy phone that rarely locks up and that I don't have to pull the battery several times a day to get things done. Point being, I'm not jumping head first like I did with the first Storm.

UPDATE 2: Received iPhone last Wed. So far the phone has been amazing. Check out post #153 for more detail.
    Last edited by Pholey22; 06-27-2009 at 03:59 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts
    PIN
    304E4BA6

Quote Originally Posted by Pholey22 View Post
    Next Gen iPhone! After much debate, I have decided to dump my Storm for the next gen iPhone. I've been a RIM fan for YEARS but since the release of the Storm have grown tired of waiting for them to get it right. Meanwhile, Apple has been correcting everything that was negative about the iPhone. RIM is being left in the dust by every smartphone manufacturer out there. Palm has even developed a device that embarrasses the Storm. I'm a gadget freak and always want the latest and greatest. I thought the Storm was going to be just that but unfortunately I, along with many others, have been let down. I'm not sure RIM has what it takes to make an OS for the Storm that will compete with Apple, Palm, HTC, Nokia...and the list is growing by the day. **** even Casio is getting in the mix with a better more fluid UI. Lastly, I just see Apple being dedicated to making the best device available year in and year out. They have the brains backing them to do so. Not sure what is going on in Waterloo but it ain't pretty. I just hope their dedication to enterprise keeps them afloat. However, do be surprised if Apple doesn't continue to suck more and more of RIM's business away. Had to get this off my chest, never thought I would be an iPhone fanboy but bottom line its just a MUCH BETTER DEVICE. Anyone else jumping? If so, see you in the iPhone forums!
    I'm seriously contemplating it. If it comes to Verizon, that will be the deal-sealer for me.

BTW I agree with every single point you made in your post.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    DONT NEED 1
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by blueskyjunkie View Post
    I'm seriously contemplating it. If it comes to Verizon, that will be the deal-sealer for me.

BTW I agree with every single point you made in your post.
    I know, that's my only thing too!! Not big on ATT network but it has to be getting better...right?? I never hear my iPhone buddy's complaining about service/network. Its sad we have to give up a great network to have a great device. Too bad VZW didn't land the iPhone in the beginning like Apple wanted!
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    DONT NEED 1
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thank you for moving this back Mod!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    310F840B

Traitors! Nah....jk....if the phone works better for your needs then go for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Banned

Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    PIN
    3072C81F

My brother has the iPhone. Likes the phone but hates the network. Calls don't connect, data is slow, etc. AT&T better get their act together. If the iPhone ever comes to Verizon, they will lose a lot of customers.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    DONT NEED 1
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by tyler.hopkins View Post
    Traitors! Nah....jk....if the phone works better for your needs then go for it.

Trust me, I feel guilty as **** but and have been defending my Storm against the iPhone since it was released. Bottom line, its just not the device I thought it was going to be. The fluidity on the iPhone is seamless. Plus they have corrected many of the issues I once had with the iPhone. I still love all my Crackberry brethren though!! LOL
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    DONT NEED 1
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by wxman2003 View Post
    My brother has the iPhone. Likes the phone but hates the network. Calls don't connect, data is slow, etc. AT&T better get their act together. If the iPhone ever comes to Verizon, they will lose a lot of customers.
    Nail on the head!! RIM and ATT are in BIG TROUBLE if the iPhone ever makes it to VZW.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,254 Global Posts
    PIN
    i'll show you mine if you show me yours

Its not RIM vs iphone. Its storm vs iphone. Just an FYI

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    PIN
    305B6E8A

Nail on the head!! RIM and ATT are in BIG TROUBLE if the iPhone ever makes it to VZW.
    I've always wondered how the market would have been today if Verizon and Apple had reached a compromise when Apple first approached Verizon as the exclusive carrier.

AT&T would probably have died years ago, with the economy in the state that it is, without the iPhone.
    App Version: 5.0.0.328
    redzapper's 3G Storm Black Theme
    Ask T.H.e Council: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-storm-f86/ask-t-h-e-council-327192/
    T.H.Council FF
    CrackBerry Addict

Remember storm came in 3rd. So its more like the curve vs iphone

The Sultan of CrackBerry

Global Posts
    5,634 Global Posts

I'm sure you'd enjoy even a Nokia flip or even a TracPhone over the Storm
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Bye Bye Storm!!

OP youve seen the light! of course, not to be selfish or anything, but I dont want anyone else coming to AT&T where I live.. Ok, ALMOST EVERYONE on this site has something negative to say about AT&T and i dont get it.. over time it has proven to be just as good as Verizon's coverage, and the 3G speed is faster! customer service seems to be great at the store i do buisness with. what is the problem? now VZW was amazing we were with them for 5 years or so; however, i cant see all of this negativity towards AT&T? is it just my area? does it depend on how many iPhone users are in one city? id love to know why this huge discrepancy exists, gurus plz share some knowledge..
    Got a storm on 12-25-08.. .75>.109>.75>.122 and liked it....but got tired of the BB..as of 5-22-09 iPhone 3G!!!
    NEW White 16 GB iPhone 3GS on 6-28-09!! It is unbelievably fast! Jailbroken with purplera1n on 7-7-09! This is the coolest thing I have ever seen. Apple iPhone > RIM anything...
    CrackBerry Abuser

c ya.,have fun...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts

i made the switch a week ago out of the blue, no plans, just up and did it and wow!!! i love this thing....i will be upgrading to the new iphone when it comes out and i dont regret getting the iphone 3g at all!! its an amazing phone, as far as att goes, i was expecting crap service and i have been very impressed, my 3g is much faster than verizons 3g, but i will say that i do believe verizon has a stonger network, but att is not near as bad as its made out to be, at least not in my area, very pleased
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    PIN
    305B6E8A

I know for a fact that where I'm currently living, AT&T service isn't the best. All 3 of my roommates have iPhones and they've always had service issues.

My Storm hasn't acted up at all when placing and receiving calls, so I'm going to stick with it for now.
    App Version: 5.0.0.328
    redzapper's 3G Storm Black Theme
    Ask T.H.e Council: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=327192
    T.H.Council FF
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    PIN
    24a02eb2

I use both! And the only advantage the Storm has over the I phone is security over email protocol in place. Aside from that Verizon network is far superior to at&t.
    Posting for the greater good!
    Follow me on http://twitter.com/jrgonz454
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,805 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's that?

Overall, I still like the Storm better, but that may change with the next generation iPhone. What I'm wondering is how you made that decision...have the specs come out yet on the next iPhone? I haven't seen anything about it, though I haven't really been looking either. IMO, the current iPhone is pretty two years ago, but it's well built and works very well for the few things it does.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    STRIPED: SUIT:

I just hope that the new wave of devices are all OLED...storm2(unlikely ) iphone3, etc etc

new iphone is supposed to have a new suped up 3d graphics chip

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,945 Global Posts

Good luck enjoy n report back
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,945 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinggeoff View Post
    I just hope that the new wave of devices are all OLED...storm2(unlikely ) iphone3, etc etc

new iphone is supposed to have a new suped up 3d graphics chip
    That sounds sweet
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    STRIPED: SUIT:

Quote Originally Posted by TrendyProfessional1 View Post
    That sounds sweet
    yeh! but i'll stick to my ds for now

i just REEEEEEHHEEEEAALLY hope that they hold off on the storm2 to make some actual significant improvements rather than just an interim hardware update

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    PIN
    2148AB59

Uhm, don't wanna be the wise guy, but which phones from Nokia, HTC and Palm (save the Pre) are out there that stand the slightest Chance against RIM? HTC and the Palms have great Hardware but the Software really messes up the job. And Nokia has nothing that even gets close. The E90 is too large to be comfortable. The E71 is a decent phone but still lacks some things that I demand from a smartphone.

As for the iPhone: truly it is a great device and I really enjoyed having it. But I am not going to take it again before Apple gets off their horse and remove the provider lock. Especially here in the Netherlands coverage of their provider T-Mobile is more than lacking. Funny enough in Austria T-Mobile is a very decent Network.

CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    PM me for it

I know, that's my only thing too!! Not big on ATT network but it has to be getting better...right?? I never hear my iPhone buddy's complaining about service/network. Its sad we have to give up a great network to have a great device. Too bad VZW didn't land the iPhone in the beginning like Apple wanted!
    If they did, we would not be having this conversation. I can not believe that RIM would have chosen VZW to have the sole use of the Storm if they had the iPhone.
    THIS THING ROCKS
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jah1373 View Post
    OP youve seen the light! of course, not to be selfish or anything, but I dont want anyone else coming to AT&T where I live.. Ok, ALMOST EVERYONE on this site has something negative to say about AT&T and i dont get it.. over time it has proven to be just as good as Verizon's coverage, and the 3G speed is faster! customer service seems to be great at the store i do buisness with. what is the problem? now VZW was amazing we were with them for 5 years or so; however, i cant see all of this negativity towards AT&T? is it just my area? does it depend on how many iPhone users are in one city? id love to know why this huge discrepancy exists, gurus plz share some knowledge..
    Yes, it depeds on location. In San Diego and its suburbs, AT&T's 3G is at least 3x-4x faster than Verizon. I've had the storm but had to dump it and Verizon because I realized from running internet speed tests that the storm itself has a sluggish geriatric browser made worse by Verizon's sluggish 3G. So although AT&T may not have a sterling customer service record, I don't call them everyday anyway, and the 3G speed is something I am not willing to compromise, so AT&T is a better network for us in San Diego county.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast