Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 5 Storms in 12 months....See Ya Storm!

After 12 months and 5 replacements, I called it a day and bought a Droid. Oh the joy of finally having a phone that actually does what they say it will do (unlike the POS that Rim dumped into the market a year ago).

There is no way that the Storm will be around much longer with competition coming out with phones such as the Droid............and though I would never buy one, the day that Verizon picks up the I-Phone it will be completely over for the total joke they call the Storm.

Thank you Droid for ending my year of battery pulls, dimming screens, poor sound quality and endless nights waiting, hoping and praying that an un-official update would open the door to the miracle phone that Rim and Verizon promised. God how that year sucked..........See ya Storm!
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Scan It

Enjoy your Droid.
    Always Handy:Storm2 Tips & Tricks >|< Learn It, Live It, Love It: Proper Upgrade/Downgrade Procedures
    Need Memory? Click Here: Increase Your Memory!
    The 11/3 Project!All the flawed logic of a raving madman... with jokes! >|< Best Themes Around: *RJ Design*
    CrackBerry Addict

You were doing it wrong.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by jlsparks View Post
    Enjoy your Droid.
    Ditto.....have fun with your toy
    Lifetime VIP Member Of BBHybrids.Net
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    753 Global Posts

Got to agree..storm 2 even is a pos...after 3 i gave up..screen sucks and they will abandon the moving screen very soon..
    BOLD 9900 and....iphone 4S! Love them both!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,804 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's that?

The Motorola Droid won't be around long either with the competition coming soon!

You should have waited...
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    STRIPED: SUIT:

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckH0308 View Post
    The Motorola Droid won't be around long either with the competition coming soon!

You should have waited...
    this.

plus 4g is right around the corner.

Droid is good proof that android devices can be something great. But the serious hardware is yet to come

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by twester65 View Post
    You were doing it wrong.
    Oh please……………..the only one "doing it wrong" is Rim. Anytime I had an issue with my Storm I brought it to Verizon and told the tech, "here is the issue, please fix it" The response was " I can't, so here is a replacement".

I pay for the phone, they give me something that works. For those that want to upload, download and reload their life away on these boards in order to get the phone to work smoothly is totally up to them, but I bought the phone on the premise that it would perform up to the standards set in the ads..................and it absolutely failed miserably.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    322C0DE9

Quote Originally Posted by twester65 View Post
    You were doing it wrong.
    x2...

I've enjoyed my storm the whole time... besides the fact the camera broke and they gave me a new phone... and this one works awesome too... I drop the sh*t out of it too... nothing but a jewel
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Dland69 View Post
    and it absolutely failed miserably.
    It failed for you. That is unfortunate, but your experience is an outlier. Millions of other users have had no problem. My Storm is far from a piece of crap - it functions nearly perfectly.

I stand by my original statement.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,804 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by kinggeoff View Post
    this.

plus 4g is right around the corner.

Droid is good proof that android devices can be something great. But the serious hardware is yet to come
    Yep, that too! Mmmmm, 4G!!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,503 Global Posts

+1 on you were doing it wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Oh please……………..the only one "doing it wrong" is Rim. Anytime I had an issue with my Storm I brought it to Verizon and told the tech, "here is the issue, please fix it" The response was " I can't, so here is a replacement".

I pay for the phone, they give me something that works. For those that want to upload, download and reload their life away on these boards in order to get the phone to work smoothly is totally up to them, but I bought the phone on the premise that it would perform up to the standards set in the ads..................and it absolutely failed miserably.
    On a serious note the odds of getting 5 Storms that fail are an example of your fail.
    Last edited by SilvioBenussi; 12-05-2009 at 12:34 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

The question for people going from device to device is..are there really issues or do you see the new devices out and all of a sudden theres an issue
    Curve>>Storm 1>>Tour>>Storm 2>>Droid Incredible
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,503 Global Posts

There is a phone available for those who can't figure out a smart phone. Its called the iphone.

CrackBerry User

x2
    I had 9 replacements..pathetic that I didnt give up after number 3..
    CrackBerry User

Damn..5....Sure its not you
    CrackBerry Newbie

Enjoy the new phone!

I had a release-day Storm that worked fine (if you can call it that) up until the last update. It started constantly locking up and no reinstall, wipe, or anything would remedy the problem. I called VZW and went through all their steps of resetting, wiping, etc., but ultimately I had to mail it in.

What do they send me? A replacement where the corner doesn't click, and to the point that the screen didn't even register the click. I took it into the store, calmly explained the situation, and the lady was extremely rude to me. She even went so far as to hold the phone with two hands, visibly flex the phone, and then click the screen saying "see, it works!". She ended up ordering a replacement phone but not before telling me that I should be THANKING HER FOR REPLACING IT. Yes, thank you for replacing the broken phone you sent me, Verizon Wireless. Also keep in mind that while this is going on, the store manager is standing right next to her watching this unfold.

Well, the 2nd replacement came and everything seemed fine. I was getting a bunch of "System input error: the phone must now be reset" messages but overlooked it. Then one day, presto, a corner stopped clicking on the phone. No drops, excessive pressure, etc.

The error messages combined with the physical click issue forced me to make another phone call (as there was no way I was going back to the store). They tried to offer me an early 2-year upgrade to the Droid but then expected me to pay $300 minus a $100 rebate. I asked them, "$300 after I beta tested your phone for a year? No thanks".

So replacement #3 is now on its way. Let's hope this one is a keeper.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by robstamack View Post
    Enjoy the new phone!

I had a release-day Storm that worked fine (if you can call it that) up until the last update. It started constantly locking up and no reinstall, wipe, or anything would remedy the problem. I called VZW and went through all their steps of resetting, wiping, etc., but ultimately I had to mail it in.

What do they send me? A replacement where the corner doesn't click, and to the point that the screen didn't even register the click. I took it into the store, calmly explained the situation, and the lady was extremely rude to me. She even went so far as to hold the phone with two hands, visibly flex the phone, and then click the screen saying "see, it works!". She ended up ordering a replacement phone but not before telling me that I should be THANKING HER FOR REPLACING IT. Yes, thank you for replacing the broken phone you sent me, Verizon Wireless. Also keep in mind that while this is going on, the store manager is standing right next to her watching this unfold.

Well, the 2nd replacement came and everything seemed fine. I was getting a bunch of "System input error: the phone must now be reset" messages but overlooked it. Then one day, presto, a corner stopped clicking on the phone. No drops, excessive pressure, etc.

The error messages combined with the physical click issue forced me to make another phone call (as there was no way I was going back to the store). They tried to offer me an early 2-year upgrade to the Droid but then expected me to pay $300 minus a $100 rebate. I asked them, "$300 after I beta tested your phone for a year? No thanks".

So replacement #3 is now on its way. Let's hope this one is a keeper.

Hahaaa-- What a nightmare -

The work around for the screen that is too loose is to stuff some gum-wrappers behind the battery.. Youtube has videos on it.

My personal suggestion, get out of the Storm game while you still can!!!

$Matt
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    540 Global Posts

I bought my first in Feb. No issues until the charge port took a dive 2 weeks ago (which was probably my fault). My repl has worked even better. Did it perform like the ads? Maybe not. But I can guarantee you a Big Mac will never look like the billboard, neither will most drivers scream around mountain curves at 60 like Acura. Nothing can live up to all expectations hence money back guarantees.

I love my storm.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    540 Global Posts

Drama queens abound in the tech world.

CrackBerry Newbie

After while, just like divorces, you realize it's you.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

I ordered my Storm on release day, and have loved it since it arrived at my door.

I'm not implying people are making up issues by any means, just saying that not everyone has issues with their Storm.
    CrackBerry Addict

First off, Why do people need to inform us that they are switching to a Droid?? Who cares???? Switch and go....... silently...Good-Bye.
    I've had my Storm for over a year and it runs Great!!! I don't do a battery pull everyday nor every week for that ,matter, and the last one I remember was when I upgraded to .419. I've learned how to use the device properly so maybe that's why I'm not having the same problems that so many new Droid users had.
    And I was also recommend reading the Droid section, it's not all Peaches and Cream over there either.
    CrackBerry User

I didn't replace my Storm, I really enjoyed the BIS service

But I hated the device. Typing on it was a pain. The screen orientation lagged. Even shifting through photos felt sluggish and agonizing.

Went to a 8900 Curve and couldn't be happier. Now I have a 9700 Bold and everything is just the way the OS is meant to be

Would never ever go back to a Storm
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast