Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default .191 functions!!!!!!!!! The difference between 4.7 and 5.0 is not night and day...

The difference is almost to heaven and almost to hail.

This is in no way meant to change your opinion on installing leaks or not, but to fill you in on misinterpretations that people seem to have about this build.

The last couple of leaks we have gotten have been horrible. They showed great potential, but they were horrible because they produced so many new and unfamiliar issues. (BBM5 not working at all in .154, .140 has tons or random reboots.)

People seem to be afraid to try this OS because they dont want to "risk core functionality".

Fact is, this build has more functionality than ANY 4.7 build. The threaded SMS is not just that. It's actually styled similar to a BBM chat, which makes this so much more user friendly. Sending texts is no longer a chore.

THERE ARE NO RANDOM REBOOTS

If that is one thing that scares you, then you dont have to worry about that with this build.

The only two major things that you should be concerned about are

Only BBM 4.7 works with 5.0.0.191. BBM5 does not have an up to date version leaked yet, but hopefully that will happen soon.

The camera and video recorder do not work!

These are the only things that are going to reboot your phone. If you avoid these and see them as something not that important to you, this build I highly recommend.

Also sound can be REALLY LOUD in this OS. So if you are worried about that just turn down the volume on your phone, simple.

Themes are working. Search forums to find out which ones work. There are atleast 2 threads made in the past 24 hours about themes that work.

Say a command voice has become alot smoother and more professional.

Typing is really fast and easier. Distracts you from the chore of current surepress at times.

Transitions are on POINT. Scrolling through pictures is faster than the iPhones. Not to bring her into this, but Ive seen picture scrolling on iphone and it is just as slow as .148 sometimes.

And last but not least, Flick Fkin Scrolling.......this feature really makes this phone a ton of a lot easier.

All this in ONE leak. Thats pretty amazing for a leak. So yeah you can stick with you .148s and .151s, but I think .191 has claimed its throne.

If your lost and cant find .191, dont make another thread, heres the link.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/os...d-link-304532/
    Last edited by Card Storm; 08-30-2009 at 10:07 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    687 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Card Storm View Post
    The difference is almost to heaven and almost to hail.

This is in no way meant to change your opinion on installing leaks or not, but to fill you in on misinterpretations that people seem to have about this build.

The last couple of leaks we have gotten have been horrible. They showed great potential, but they were horrible because they produced so many new and unfamiliar issues. (BBM5 not working at all in .154, .140 has tons or random reboots.)

People seem to be afraid to try this OS because they dont want to "risk core functionality".

Fact is, this build has more functionality than ANY 4.7 build. The threaded SMS is not just that. It's actually styled similar to a BBM chat, which makes this so much more user friendly. Sending texts is no longer a chore.

THERE ARE NO RANDOM REBOOTS

If that is one thing that scares you, then you dont have to worry about that with this build.

The only two major things that you should be concerned about are

Only BBM 4.7 works with 5.0.0.191. BBM5 does not have an up to date version leaked yet, but hopefully that will happen soon.

The camera and video recorder do not work!

These are the only things that are going to reboot your phone. If you avoid these and see them as something not that important to you, this build I highly recommend.

Also sound can be REALLY LOUD in this OS. So if you are worried about that just turn down the volume on your phone, simple.

Themes are working. Search forums to find out which ones work. There are atleast 2 threads made in the past 24 hours about themes that work.

Say a command voice has become alot smoother and more professional.

Typing is really fast and easier. Distracts you from the chore of current surepress at times.

Transitions are on POINT. Scrolling through pictures is faster than the iPhones. Not to bring her into this, but Ive seen picture scrolling on iphone and it is just as slow as .148 sometimes.

And last but not least, Flick Fkin Scrolling.......this feature really makes this phone a ton of a lot easier.

All this in ONE leak. Thats pretty amazing for a leak. So yeah you can stick with you .148s and .151s, but I think .191 has claimed its throne.

If your lost and cant find .191, dont make another thread, heres the link.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/os...d-link-304532/
    Your cons are true, but the word is in build .2xx camera and video are fixed and if BBM 5.0.0.19 leaks that will also work with .191.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Do we know if there are new features in camera and video?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    PIN
    27feaa17

Do we know if there are new features in camera and video?
    nope... as soon as you start the camera, the phone reboots...
    CrackBerry Genius

Card Storm I completely agree with everything you said except I still have an issue with loading pictures in the media player. I think the iphone still loads them faster. Maybe once they are loaded on the Storm, then scanning through might be faster. My problem is that it only recognizes the gesture to completely skip to the next picture. I like the transition and that it is fast but I wish they could have it that you are actually sliding the picture in real-time. I like how on the iphone the picture follows your finger as you drag it. It makes it seem like you are really pulling the picture. Everything else is a HUGE improvement and I am happy to say that I can finally stick with a 5.0 release. I really do love this OS and can't stress it enough.

Quote Originally Posted by sting5566 View Post
    Your cons are true, but the word is in build .2xx camera and video are fixed and if BBM 5.0.0.19 leaks that will also work with .191.
    I can't wait till the camera/camcorder are fixed and a newer BBM that is compatible and doesn't have issues leaks. I did hear that .20x still has issues but hopefully the builds above that start to turn into what we've been waiting for.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanGlowCam View Post
    Card Storm I completely agree with everything you said except I still have an issue with loading pictures in the media player. I think the iphone still loads them faster. Maybe once they are loaded on the Storm, then scanning through might be faster. My problem is that it only recognizes the gesture to completely skip to the next picture. I like the transition and that it is fast but I wish they could have it that you are actually sliding the picture in real-time. I like how on the iphone the picture follows your finger as you drag it. It makes it seem like you are really pulling the picture. Everything else is a HUGE improvement and I am happy to say that I can finally stick with a 5.0 release. I really do love this OS and can't stress it enough.

I can't wait till the camera/camcorder are fixed and a newer BBM that is compatible and doesn't have issues leaks. I did hear that .20x still has issues but hopefully the builds above that start to turn into what we've been waiting for.
    This may be something RIM has in store. The reason why I say this is because if you notice when playing music or movies, when you rewind all you do is place your finger on the screen to rewind backwards and remove your finger. No surepress is involved in this action. It is a drag action. Maybe this is coming?
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by chevydudesixty9 View Post
    nope... as soon as you start the camera, the phone reboots...
    I meant on .222
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    T of Guinness for the soul

I am not having any problems with the camera or video camera, but there is a serious delay with typing and sending MMS. Whenever I start the browser, I get the hour glass for a few seconds before I can type anything.
    "The iPhone allows you to make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history. With the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila" - Unknown

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/?ps1=8B67B Free yourself from cigarettes
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by jbdale View Post
    I am not having any problems with the camera or video camera, but there is a serious delay with typing and sending MMS. Whenever I start the browser, I get the hour glass for a few seconds before I can type anything.

You are NOT on .191 if you are not having any camera or video problems. That or you are on crack and aren't even playing with a storm.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN

Transitions are on POINT. Scrolling through pictures is faster than the iPhones.
    No it isn't, don't kid yourself.
    "The iPhone allows you to make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history. With the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila" - Unknown

CrackBerry Master

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by McCracken View Post
    You are NOT on .191 if you are not having any camera or video problems. That or you are on crack and aren't even playing with a storm.
    Oops sorry I spoke to soon. The app opens but then resets. I need both for work so I am out on this one.

Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

No it isn't, don't kid yourself.
    Dont be jelous. its true.

the pictures are not that fast card...its slower than 140 for me actually
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Master

No camera, no care.

Just kidding. I hardly ever use the camera on any of the phones I've owned although I did take 1 pic today. Hmmm....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Master

Perhaps a new silent camera is being implemented. Ha ha.

CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    None

Quote Originally Posted by wentouch View Post
    Perhaps a new silent camera is being implemented. Ha ha.

or one that doesnt take 9 seconds to snap the picture after you press the button
    When I first created my CB account, in some post, somewhere I said that I didn't see myself having my Storm in a year. That time has come. Not only that but I no longer own any BlackBerry devices at all. Maybe in the future if RIM steps up their game I'll consider owning one again, but as it is right now, they just aren't competitive in the user market, and they never really have been. Theyre good at what they do, which is push E-mail but that's about it. Time will tell.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    PIN
    304BE829

What I'm mad about is no Tab browser. I read S2 manual and it does not mention tab browser. Do we know if it will return?

CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by wayfr View Post
    or one that doesnt take 9 seconds to snap the picture after you press the button
    That's funny and true cause that 1 pic I took today was the car ahead of me while driving from OC to LA but I ended up taking a pic of my steering wheel due to the delay. Plus I'm a crappy photographer and never use the cam. Lol.

Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

Tab browsing will return!!!! I bet you anything when it returns it will be more updated. Im telling you, that first tabbed browsing was nothing compared to what they plan to do with it. Watch.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN

Dont be jelous. its true.
    No jealously here. Just being honest.

Wish I didn't have a use for the camera/video, would like to keep it. I think my sluggish keyboard was just a fluke, seems ok now. Most of the ops seem fairly quick. Looking forward to release thats compatible.
    Last edited by jbdale; 08-31-2009 at 12:10 AM.

CrackBerry Addict

They are updating and upgrading the camera interface right now. This update will most likely increase the FPS, picture quality, as well as the UI. Also, we may see more features such as video and picture cropping. We will probably start seeing results in 5.0.0.2xx. It is all possible, and it might happen.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,805 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's that?

I can tolerate not having the camera or video recording for a bit, but what might drive me back to 4.7.151 might be the serious media player and stereo BT problems I'm experiencing. If I can't even listen to music in the car I'm going to be an unhappy camper! Flick scrolling and such is neato, but at the end of the day I need my music. Not being able to use my BT stereo headphones or my BT connection to the car stereo is infuriating.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

No jealously here. Just being honest.

Wish I didn't have a use for the camera/video, would like to keep it. I think my sluggish keyboard was just a fluke, seems ok now. Most of the ops seem fairly quick. Looking forward to release thats compatible.
    ahh i see. So you running .191? how are you liking it overall
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

5.0 is going to be the sht...............................hands down.

Just seeing how they are changing EVERYTHING they can in this short amount of time amazes me....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

You play too much card.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast