CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Why can't I get my Ford Sync to read Text Messages from my Blackberry ?

Still can't find a fix anywhere on getting my Ford Sync to read Text Messages from Blackberry. Can't seem to find out from either Ford, Microsoft Sync or RIM. Who's problem this is.

Does anyone here have a fix ?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Ford SYNC does not currently support the text messaging features for Blackberry devices....that feature set is only supported on a handful of devices at this time.

I believe that a solution is in the works, but haven't heard timing.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

The number of phones/carriers that can do text messaging over Sync is very small. Here is the US compatibility chart. For the most part, the only phones that will do it are some AT&T and T-mobile Motorola and Nokia phones. From what I've been told, it's a carrier issue more than Sync itself.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

[QUOTE=carlo tucci;4710805]Still can't find a fix anywhere on getting my Ford Sync to read Text Messages from Blackberry. Can't seem to find out from either Ford, Microsoft Sync or RIM. Who's problem this is.[QUOTE]

Hmm... I thought maybe it was just because its a Ford ... I'm suprised that Ford dealer you took it to didn't know the answer. He must not know his product knowledge completely. In most cases, the new technology they add to vehicles, no matter make or model, is still behind the curve with the technology they come up with for our BBs.
    Win, Lose or Tie... Raiders till I die.

Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek what they sought.

Twitter: pbrizzy
    Posterous Blog

Powered by: 5.0.0.419/.571>>>.519/.623>>> .419/.669 Hybrid by Lyricidal
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

This still seems to be the case. I just got an Escape, and I can't get it to read my texts from my VZW 9650.
    CrackBerry User

i have the same problem. anyone out there have a fix?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Get the Ford Sync Gen1 v3.2.2 update

Ford released Oct. 18, 2011 its latest free SYNC® software update, G1 V3.2.2, to give more SYNC users the ability to have text messages read aloud to them while driving.

The update allows expanded text-to-voice features with HTC, RIM, Samsung and LG phones. Ford has put the update info out there for other phone manufacturers to integrate into their systems. Since a huge portion of the smartphone “public” uses Apple iPhones, we are awaiting word when Apple will update its OS. The latest version iOS 5 has not intergrated the MAP system so it fully works with SYNC in the voice-to-text feature area.

Tailored for owners of select SYNC-equipped 2011 and early-release 2012 vehicles, the update includes the emerging Message Access Profile (MAP) Bluetooth® standard, which is custom-made for the automotive hands-free environment and outlines a set of features and procedures used to exchange email, SMS and MMS between devices – in this case SYNC and the smartphone.

Last year, Ford announced it was voluntarily integrating MAP into SYNC for all 2011 MyFord Touch®-equipped vehicles and is now extending the capability to the broader SYNC user community – with thousands of 2011 and 2012 vehicles equipped with the first generation SYNC system. This upgrade should affect SYNC users with 2011 F-150 trucks, some Escapes, Fusions, Mustangs and Expeditions. Visit SYNC | Say the Word | Ford.com or Ford Tech Lane - for more info
    CrackBerry Newbie

I can now pick a text to send after updating SYNC but when i hit send text on nav screen it says does not support phone. Using a blackberry 9900