Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Why does it say Blackberry 5.0.0 Core Applications Upgrade avail.

when I plug in my phone?

I upgraded to .328 the night it came out.

Have they already released a fix to core apps? I'm not on 5.0 bbm, but that's it.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,407 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask

Nope, it's a known glitch with DM. Just click cancel.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    And BTW Amavit, your signature says your a chick, but to me you look more like a cup of coffee. Or maybe Latte!
    Running: Official 5.0.0.419 Glowing/pop up keys are awesome
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

OK. Thanks. What about upgrading DM? I have 5.0, but I keep getting the DM icon on bottom right saying upgrade available.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by reisb View Post
    OK. Thanks. What about upgrading DM? I have 5.0, but I keep getting the DM icon on bottom right saying upgrade available.
    There was a service pack for DM5 around the 26 of October ... check on blackberry.com to make sure you have that and you should be good to go.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

I'm not that savvy with the fancy stuff around OS but I got the upgrade 5.0 core apps notice once and did the install. I am getting it again. I clicked on details for the 5.0 core apps in DM (upgrade screen) and ran thru the specific items under details/modules. It mentions a few modules that are not on my device but are in the available upgrade. For example: medialoader accessibility (perhaps to fix video playing?), medialoader 360x480, medialoader backgrounds, medialoader ringtones 9500 and a bunch of net rim vad resounce modules.

Guess I am pointing this out to see if the experts feel that this really is some update of value or if this is all part of the "glitch" that people are talking about.

Have the verizon storm 9530.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    306A77D5

Did you shrink it before loading. Because if you did it will want to update the missing files.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly419 View Post
    Did you shrink it before loading. Because if you did it will want to update the missing files.

Nope. Did not shrink the OS. Did fresh install the night the OS came out and then synched an available update a few days later. Not recommending another update.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,407 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask

I ran the "update" and it installed the files, unplugged, and when I plugged the phone back in, it came up and asked me to install the same files it just installed. I would say it's a glitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    And BTW Amavit, your signature says your a chick, but to me you look more like a cup of coffee. Or maybe Latte!
    Running: Official 5.0.0.419 Glowing/pop up keys are awesome
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Hmm.. I installed them and it doesn't pop up for me anymore, only thing it wants me to do is BB Maps which I left out purposely.
    CrackBerry Master

it's got to be a glitch: sometimes I plug in and it says I have those updates available and sometimes it doesn't

whatevah
    PlayBook 2.0.0.7971
    CrackBerry User

The first time I plugged into DM after the update I got a notification for an upgrade of Blackberry Maps. I ran the upgrade and instead it REMOVED BB maps and loaded the 5.0.0 core programs.

What a nightmare!

b.b.
    Blackberry Storm on Verizon
    Blackberry user since 12/20/08
    Live Live the Palm OS

Global Posts
    24,215 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39

its i glitch, repeat over and over
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,287 Global Posts

I use to have that problem but then I deleted the OS from my PC and it doesn't do that anymore. After I down loaded the OS, shrank it, and loaded it on my phone, I decided I did not need it installed on my PC anymore. That may ro may not be a good thing but I haven't had any problems so far.

ThemesInMotion.com: Customize your BB and Android phone with BerryWeather Icon Sets, BatteryEx Sets and Android Themes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts

Default Battery Drain

When I upgraded to 5.0.whatever (the official Verizon OS, it has rendered my Storm unusable. My batter lasts less than 3 hours even if I'm not using the phone. Last night I forgot to charge it since I had just charged it at 9:00 and by morning it was so low it wouldn't come on.

I've read all the posts here and no one else seems to be having this problem. I've closed all programs, deleted most of my apps -- all that and nothing works. Unless I can find out if there is anything that can be done, I think I'm going back to 4.7.

BTW, my son's Storm works perfectly with 5.0. No battery problems. I even bought a new battery today ($49!) and it does the same thing. Help!
    CrackBerry Abuser

insman1 i suggest you open a new thread in the forum ( if you havent already ) when requesting help, hijacking threads is not very polite.

Themes: [Phosphoresce]|[Win7]|[Windows 7 Storm]|[Vista Complete]|[HTC Touch Slide]
    Freemem: 38+
    OSs: 75, 85, 86, 90, 99, 103, 114, 113, 148
    Apps: 12+
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    PIN
    331404b2

Cool be nice!

hey the guy is looking for help, give him a break
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by ba_hamilton View Post
    I use to have that problem but then I deleted the OS from my PC and it doesn't do that anymore. After I down loaded the OS, shrank it, and loaded it on my phone, I decided I did not need it installed on my PC anymore. That may ro may not be a good thing but I haven't had any problems so far.
    How do you remove it from the PC?
    I upgraded to the newest version for 9700 and it keeps telling me to upgrade to 5.0.0 could it have something to do withe this as when i go to Application Loader ir tells me the preffered version is an older one that is installed.

Any help please.

Steve
    Blackberry Bold 9700 Orange UK
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,552 Global Posts

It keeps doing it for me on my Bold.
    I just came across this post when searching for a solution.
    I'm going to try this method I found. I hope it works.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/cor...alling-297394/
    Curve 8330 > Bold 9650 - OS 6.0 > HTC Droid Incredible (Rooted) > HTC Thunderbolt (Rooted) > Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,990 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cdf3 View Post
    It keeps doing it for me on my Bold.
    I just came across this post when searching for a solution.
    I'm going to try this method I found. I hope it works.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/cor...alling-297394/
    It is a glitch that has been around for awhile. If the solution you are trying does not work, then remove the installed OS from your computer or rename it and the request will stop.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,552 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DJM1947 View Post
    It is a glitch that has been around for awhile. If the solution you are trying does not work, then remove the installed OS from your computer or rename it and the request will stop.
    So far it has worked. If it starts back up again I'll keep the suggestion you recommended in mind.