Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Ummm... i don't even know you like that...lol
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Texting/Typing in .323 Slowwww...

Is it me or is texting/typing significantly slower in this build? The threaded sms format works perfect but as I'm typing (and I'm very fast so that could be it) there is a huge lag behind what i'm typing and it popping up on the screen. Has anyone else noticed this?
    www.twitter.com/chozenunleashed
    www.myspace.com/unleashedmusic2008

Currently Running official 5.0.0.328 on my second STORM 1!!!!!!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,116 Global Posts
    PIN
    312a4d13

Quote Originally Posted by homeboy123 View Post
    Is it me or is texting/typing significantly slower in this build? The threaded sms format works perfect but as I'm typing (and I'm very fast so that could be it) there is a huge lag behind what i'm typing and it popping up on the screen. Has anyone else noticed this?
    Same issue with my phone and after a few reboots, it's been good.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,051 Global Posts

I wiped and reloaded the os...twice; prior to doing that horrible texting lag. After: no lag at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Scan It

I suppose I got lucky: no wipe, installed via AppLoader, and typing is both much much faster for me and, more importantly, more accurate.
    Always Handy:Storm2 Tips & Tricks >|< Learn It, Live It, Love It: Proper Upgrade/Downgrade Procedures
    Need Memory? Click Here: Increase Your Memory!
    The 11/3 Project!All the flawed logic of a raving madman... with jokes! >|< Best Themes Around: *RJ Design*
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,948 Global Posts

Comparing this to 4.7 I'd say it's faster. Compared to .230 it's about the same.
    Totally addicted!!
    Droid 2.0
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

It's weird cause .230 was perfect in terms of zero lag when typing. Even when I backspace now though, it takes it's own time and I'm a texting machine on this thing (after much MUCH practice though)...

So, maybe I need to wipe again... I guess once wasn't enough...lol. I'll give it another go round when I get home from work and hopefully that'll take care of it. It's refreshing that I'm not the only one. Thanks for the feedback you guys.

CrackBerry Abuser

Mine is the fastest its been. I did a jlcmdr wipe prior to loading .323 with loader.exe.

Banned

Global Posts
    8,138 Global Posts

security wipe makes a huge difference...

email me if you're confused, it's been discussed at great length, and i'm not sure i want to type it again. i have a generic paragraph saved on my phone that i'll copy and paste then send as my reply lol...
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

I dunno. I have never wiped my phone is any os update. In comparison of what I used its been the fastest I've seen. I've used .148 .151 .167.. I think .230 and this build has similar speed.. Maybe its just me but I feel that I can txt faster and more accurate than the other ones.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts
    PIN
    CUSHION EXTRAORDINAIRE

Quote Originally Posted by homeboy123 View Post
    Ignore the lag; it's only display lag. If you know where the virtual keyboards key are going to pop up and which keys they will be (i.e. you have memorized how the keys are laid out under the 123?! and symbol menus), then just keep typing and making sure you let the screen pop up before going to the next character.

You can type faster without letting the OS's display slow you down, but if you make a mistake you will have to wait for the OS to catch up unless you know exactly how many mistakes you made.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Mapex View Post
    Ignore the lag; it's only display lag. If you know where the virtual keyboards key are going to pop up and which keys they will be (i.e. you have memorized how the keys are laid out under the 123?! and symbol menus), then just keep typing and making sure you let the screen pop up before going to the next character.

You can type faster without letting the OS's display slow you down, but if you make a mistake you will have to wait for the OS to catch up unless you know exactly how many mistakes you made.
    I hear what you're saying... but I've never had that happen in any OS... take that back... I haven't seen that for sometime now and I've updated to all the freshly leaked OS's that we've gotten in the past so I'll probably just do a wipe and a fresh install and hopefully that'll correct the issue. I get what you're saying but I don't want to "have" to do that, you feel me?

Banned

Global Posts
    8,138 Global Posts

by popular demand, people have asked for me to explain the security wipe, so i'm just gonna post it here for anyone who's interested...

this process works for all sorts of things. if you have any performance issues, memory leak, etc...try this and see how it works

Security wipe is restoring the device to default settings and removing all user info. If after an OS update the phone is sluggish or glitchy it could be due to corrupt databases. The point is to remove the databases and start from scratch.

Backup your phone. Also sync your info if you can. Yahoo hosts contacts, calendar, memo pad and tasks. New bbm also has remote and local backup. To either your email or to your memory card. Do all of that.

From your device (on .323 its different than on .148 so if you share the info make sure to clarify) go to options>security>security wipe. Then follow the instructions.

From here your phone is as if it came in a box new. But with whatever OS you have installed. Use sync to restore what you can to create "new" databases. Same with bbm, use the remote restore. Also make sure if you have any paid apps you have the registration codes saved somewhere.

Now you should have most of your info. The only databases left you might want will be like browser bookmarks, custom dictionary, etc. You can restore them via DM>backup/restore>advanced>on the left hand side select your most current backup file, load it, and then restore the individual databases. only restore the MUST HAVE. The point is to get rid of as many possible corrupt databases.

From here you want to re-download any apps you have. If you want to be super thorough then don't download em all at once. Do one per day. I suggest do it at night before you go to sleep. This way you can see what impact the app has without any interference. Things like memory drain etc.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,848 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wait...What?

Guys please make sure that you're going into screen/keyboard options and change the typing rate to fast. This will help.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

I've done the security wipe and things started out ok but I'm beginning to see that lag again... I think I'll do another wipe when i get home since I've already done the security wipe and do a fresh OS install and hope for the best.... If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm all ears... i text more than I do anything with this phone so this is major for me... Thanks in advance cberry addicts!!!

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    PIN
    304b5694

mine lags as well...but sometimes its fast as L