Texting/Typing in .323 Slowwww...
10-23-09 02:59 PM
- Is it me or is texting/typing significantly slower in this build? The threaded sms format works perfect but as I'm typing (and I'm very fast so that could be it) there is a huge lag behind what i'm typing and it popping up on the screen. Has anyone else noticed this?10-22-09 11:14 AM
- 10-22-09 11:24 AM
- It's weird cause .230 was perfect in terms of zero lag when typing. Even when I backspace now though, it takes it's own time and I'm a texting machine on this thing (after much MUCH practice though)...
So, maybe I need to wipe again... I guess once wasn't enough...lol. I'll give it another go round when I get home from work and hopefully that'll take care of it. It's refreshing that I'm not the only one. Thanks for the feedback you guys.10-22-09 01:05 PM
- I dunno. I have never wiped my phone is any os update. In comparison of what I used its been the fastest I've seen. I've used .148 .151 .167.. I think .230 and this build has similar speed.. Maybe its just me but I feel that I can txt faster and more accurate than the other ones.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com10-22-09 04:28 PM
You can type faster without letting the OS's display slow you down, but if you make a mistake you will have to wait for the OS to catch up unless you know exactly how many mistakes you made.10-22-09 04:28 PM
- Ignore the lag; it's only display lag. If you know where the virtual keyboards key are going to pop up and which keys they will be (i.e. you have memorized how the keys are laid out under the 123?! and symbol menus), then just keep typing and making sure you let the screen pop up before going to the next character.
You can type faster without letting the OS's display slow you down, but if you make a mistake you will have to wait for the OS to catch up unless you know exactly how many mistakes you made.10-22-09 05:33 PM
- patches152Bannedby popular demand, people have asked for me to explain the security wipe, so i'm just gonna post it here for anyone who's interested...
this process works for all sorts of things. if you have any performance issues, memory leak, etc...try this and see how it worksSecurity wipe is restoring the device to default settings and removing all user info. If after an OS update the phone is sluggish or glitchy it could be due to corrupt databases. The point is to remove the databases and start from scratch.
Backup your phone. Also sync your info if you can. Yahoo hosts contacts, calendar, memo pad and tasks. New bbm also has remote and local backup. To either your email or to your memory card. Do all of that.
From your device (on .323 its different than on .148 so if you share the info make sure to clarify) go to options>security>security wipe. Then follow the instructions.
From here your phone is as if it came in a box new. But with whatever OS you have installed. Use sync to restore what you can to create "new" databases. Same with bbm, use the remote restore. Also make sure if you have any paid apps you have the registration codes saved somewhere.
Now you should have most of your info. The only databases left you might want will be like browser bookmarks, custom dictionary, etc. You can restore them via DM>backup/restore>advanced>on the left hand side select your most current backup file, load it, and then restore the individual databases. only restore the MUST HAVE. The point is to get rid of as many possible corrupt databases.
From here you want to re-download any apps you have. If you want to be super thorough then don't download em all at once. Do one per day. I suggest do it at night before you go to sleep. This way you can see what impact the app has without any interference. Things like memory drain etc.10-22-09 05:43 PM
- I've done the security wipe and things started out ok but I'm beginning to see that lag again... I think I'll do another wipe when i get home since I've already done the security wipe and do a fresh OS install and hope for the best.... If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm all ears... i text more than I do anything with this phone so this is major for me... Thanks in advance cberry addicts!!!10-23-09 01:25 PM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More BlackBerry Phones
- BlackBerry Storm
- Storm OS Discussion
Texting/Typing in .323 Slowwww...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD