So...I did advanced options>wireless update and found the newest OS there. I clicked on it, an icon was created for Downloads in Progress...but the damn thing has been stuck at 0% for the last 15-20 minutes. I don't mind waiting but my storm was been sloooooooow since it started. Is this normal? Is there something I should do? Restart the DL? Thanks!
    05-31-09 07:29 PM
    i had the same thing. it is checking for avail MB space. mine ended up telling me i didnt have enough space. i'm just going to wait until i get home and use the DM so i dont have to use my already vanishing MB space.
    Last edited by jimmyknuckles32; 05-31-09 at 07:45 PM.
    05-31-09 07:31 PM
    i think the servers are getting completely hammered as other report it going very slow right now too. I would do it through DM if you can an skip the OTA for now.
    05-31-09 07:32 PM
    So...I did advanced options>wireless update and found the newest OS there. I clicked on it, an icon was created for Downloads in Progress...but the damn thing has been stuck at 0% for the last 15-20 minutes. I don't mind waiting but my storm was been sloooooooow since it started. Is this normal? Is there something I should do? Restart the DL? Thanks!
    I would try again. Maybe your memory is too low

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 07:33 PM
    Which memory? I have less than 1 meg of application memory...is that it?
    05-31-09 07:35 PM
    If I stop it right now, I feel like it could be really bad for my Berry.
    05-31-09 07:37 PM
    I'm out of the country on .83 and its saying no upgrade available.

05-31-09 07:41 PM
    If I stop it right now, I feel like it could be really bad for my Berry.
    Press your BB button and it gives you the option to cancel. I did it with no issues

05-31-09 07:46 PM
    Got the low memory message too, even I have only used up less than 1 MB of the device memory....so thought to pause the OS download and did batter pull...phone took longer to load a minute or 2...but when I reran the OS download it worked.

Good Luck everyone!!
    05-31-09 07:49 PM
    Grendel taking on Beowulf was an epic fail. A slow OTA OS update is not.

Is there a reason you don't want to load the .148 from the various sources in the leak thread? It's the same OS.
    05-31-09 07:49 PM
    Press your BB button and it gives you the option to cancel. I did it with no issues

Yup, just saw that. I am just going to install it using a PC.
    05-31-09 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD