Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast
    CrackBerry Founder

Global Posts
    3,702 Global Posts
    PIN
    It's complicated...
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Official 9530 4.7.0.99 Leak Thread

Hey Storm Owners and CrackBerry Storm Forum Visitors,

Now that I've got your attention, there's a few things we need to re-visit here before we get to the fun and games at hand:

1. First, THANK YOU for making CrackBerry.com and these CrackBerry.com Storm forums THE PLACE for all things BlackBerry Storm. You guys and gals are all Crazy CrackBerry owners, and that's awesome. I can related to that. Some of you LOVE your Storm, some of you are less than pleased, and others see the potential and that's why you're reading this post - you want the latest and greatest OS for your Storm that'll hopfully bring it to a level that meets and exceeds your expectations. So do I! We all work hard for our money, and we all have a ton of different things we can be and should be spending it on. And when it comes to spending on a smartphone, you have a lot of choices and have picked well in going with a BlackBerry! When you put down your dollars, you deserve to get a device that performs as intended and in the case of the Storm we all know there's still work to be done. It is slowly and surely getting better. Though with each iteration forward there's often a step back, so patience is a virtue. Every OS release seems to go through a life cycle - this is the best ONE yet, then within a week all the flaws emerge and people are back to the latest official. Hopefully we'll soon see an OS for the Storm that makes us all smile! Then the frenzy around these leaks won't be quite so Storm'n crazy

2. Second, these Storm forums are BUSY. There's a ton of Storm owners here, and we all have a ton of things to say about the device. Some of us have good things to say, some of us have bad things to say, some of us just want the latest OS software, some of us are looking for new apps (and waiting impatiently for themes!) and others are looking for HELP with their new purchase. Since day one CrackBerry has been a happy and welcoming community - to BlackBerry users of all parts of the life cycle.. be it newbies, experts or even those on other devices or contemplating their first purchase. That's what got this site off to a great start. With the launch of the Storm things have been even busier, but our basic goals behind this site are unchanged.

3.Third, Our CrackBerry Resolution for 2009

As a community, let's keep it helpful and friendly in the forums for 2009.

At CrackBerry.com we take pride in keeping these forums very open. If you've been here a while you've probably noticed this yourself. We don't want the forums to be a police state where you need to be scared to post something for fear of getting banned by a moderator.

At the same time, posting on this forum is not a right... it's a privilege that's granted when you register here and agree to the terms and conditions, which include following the forum rules and guidelines, including our rules for General Member Conduct, which I'll post right here:

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always use the Report Post function - exclamation mark inside a triangle at the top right corner of every post - to report something to the mod team that you think is offside). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!

When it comes to this forum resolution for 2009, it's going to take the whole community to see make it happen. We need to police our own actions and the problem will take care of itself. It really is simple. If you can't be nice in the response you're about to post, then just don't post it. The community is big and somebody who's willing to respond in a more positive tone is likely just around the corner and will step in. Respect other members and respect the mods (they ARE there to help make this community better...even if your opinion may differ with theirs on occasion), it's as easy as that.

4. Lastly, CrackBerry is big enough and open enough for all of you to express yourself and your feelings - I'd just appreciate (as I think many others would) that some care be given to how that is done. It's a pretty easy thing to do. Before you post a response just re-read what you typed. You'll immediately know if you're adding value to the thread and this community or detracting from it. This should be a fun community. Every post you make either contributes to that or takes away from that. And I think (I hope) we all want to have a good time.

Ok, enough chit chat, play nice and enjoy the forums!!
    Kevin Michaluk
    Founder, CrackBerry.com
    Chief Media Officer, Mobile Nations
    CrackBerry Founder

Global Posts
    3,702 Global Posts
    PIN
    It's complicated...
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Oops, and I almost forgot. Just came across this while doing some Googling. Install at your own risk. And be sure to share your findings on this thread.

FYI - I deleted the 4.7.0.99 Waiting Room thread. Though entertaining and dramatic, it's not a thread that adds value to this forum in its continued existence. Everything has a time and a place, and the time for that particular thread is over now that the wait is.

** Install at own risk **

Instructions:
    - How to Upgrade my BlackBerry OS
    - How Fix a Bricked/Nuked BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,298 Global Posts

WOOT! eddsadasd

edit: was i just owned?

yep i was.

EDIT2: CRAP i can click on the pic. downloading .99 !!! so happy can cry. my phone has sucked so hard on .90.

EDIT3: oh yeah... FIRST! LOL j/k

KEVIN M. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR ZED SAYING CANADIAN WINNIPEGIANN A$$!!!!!
    Last edited by mike240se; 02-01-2009 at 01:34 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I Love You!!!!

edit: I love CX too! Never really talked to ya but i have read most of your thread/posts and you truly do help us a lot.
    Last edited by Chrisb06; 02-01-2009 at 01:34 AM.
    Banned

PIN

Nerds all over the US won't sleep now...
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN

If you do not see a link, your right there is no link.

Click on the Picture that he has placed in his second post. It's a "hidden" link to 4.7.0.99
    Thank You.
    Last edited by BlackStorm72; 02-01-2009 at 01:39 AM.
    Verizon Wireless -- BlackBerry Storm 9530
    OS App Version 5.0.0.15X
    Storm OS Troubles? BlackBerry Message/PIN/PM Me! I can help! Just see if I'm available!
    CrackBerry Abuser

thanks for giving me something to do before bed.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

please don't fill this thread with..."downloading now" stuff!

Anyone that has installed and tested post finding...but not all the usual trash like stated above!

Jay
    CrackBerry User

lmao what did i say
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    850 Global Posts

There is a god! +million to Kevin!
    Storm OS: 4.7.0.xXX
    Leaked and Official OS
    Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain -- and most do.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

I Love You!
    CrackBerry User

I'm so pissed! I'm on a Macbook right now and wont have access until tomorrow!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    PIN
    30555BB0

downloading now! I knew I stayed up for a reason LOL
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ask me for it

im in tears....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thank you baby!!!! YEs....
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    ASK ME

Quote Originally Posted by jayj1980 View Post

Anyone that has installed and tested post finding...but not all the usual trash like stated above!

Jay
    if you don't wanna read it then don't .. AGAiN downloading now !
    CrackBerry Master

Downloading now.. and I don't even have a Storm..

I'm so excited...

Ok..not.

Good luck everyone. I hope this is the leak you've been waiting for!
    It could be the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Whats a pin?

wow im gonna be tired at church in the morning lol
    The grass looks brown on the other side???
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    30541CF8

Wicked, that was unexpected on a Saturday night! Will post findings ASAP!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by jmedeiros_06 View Post
    wow im gonna be tired at church in the morning lol
    Amen to that!
    What if there were no hypothetical questions?
    CrackBerry User

Awww man, I was just getting ready to go to bed. Now I have to stay up and watch...and I dont even have a storm yet...pathetic.
    Moto Q >> HTC Touch >> Palm 700 WX >> Blackberry 8330
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

Yooo I Bean On Here For The Past 2 Weeks Every 10 Minutes I Sewer, On My 3 Month Baby.. Looking For A New Lick Os 4.7.0.xx
    And It Pay Off!!!!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,298 Global Posts

who was it earlier today that said this was leaking at 2am tonight. they were right on, so weird.

someone claim your prize and take a bow. i dont feel like reading tyhrough a million posts from today to find who it was.

and sucks sooks and everyone went to bed like 10 min ago and missed it
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    3057B76A

Quote Originally Posted by jayj1980 View Post

Jay

Any 1 tested it yet? im @ 90% sill install and post @ 230AM after testing everthing... hope the Options menu thing in the dialpad was resolved with this. i want to get free VM
    I live for TECH / I Tech for Living

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...=1#post2116300 Windows 7USB fix
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    530 Global Posts

God I Hope Its Better Than That Crappy .90
Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast