- 12-19-2008, 12:26 AM #5
What I see:
- My Free Memory went from 44.5MB max with OS .76, now it's at 49.6MB
- Camera is faster, about .5-1 second lag after pressing shutter
- Media Player allows you to scroll through the progress bar in a smoother and more refined fashion. And, the button doesn't disappear at the end of the progress bar.
- Media Player is faster
- Application Center icon is changed.
- While listening to music on headphones (bluetooth in my case) and a call comes in, the phone screen doesn't disappear. Tried it a few times and it's worked well all those times. No more going to home screen and pressing green phone button to display the phone screen in this mode.
- If using media player and phone rings, you talk and connect like normal. Returning to your media (automatically happens still) resumes play, but a message comes up saying that playback cannot occur during phone calls.
- Browser is FASTER in both loading pages and accelerometer
- Contacts have a blue background.
- While screen is locked, pressing any key doesn't bring up any message to press the unlock button. Still locks/unlocks as normal.
- Reboots fast with QuickPull/SoftReset/Battery Pull.
- Bluetooth headphones don't work with video player!!!!
- Mute button does not toggle between ring or vibrate when screen is locked
- Everytime you plug in to your PC to charge/sync the media player will need to rescan... even if you make no changes to the microSD card
That is all so far.
Last edited by drPheta; 12-19-2008 at 11:02 PM.
- CrackBerry User
12-19-2008, 12:35 AM #7
- 32 Posts
I have installed the software onto my computer and deleted the vendor.xml
When I open desktop manager it does not immediately recognize the new OS
So I go into application loader and select update software it then shows me the version I currently have installed and 220.127.116.11 and asks me to select which one I want installed so I select .83 it then tells me that there is no software update required for my phone....
- CrackBerry User
12-19-2008, 12:39 AM #10
- 45 Posts
- 12-19-2008, 12:49 AM #14
I noticed that on that when I hide/move icons so I only have 16 showing that it no longer scrolls with my finger when I drag it on screen.
Also, key rate - didn't it just used to be slow/medium/fast. now there's medium fast and medium slow. Or was that always there and I'm dreaming?Kevin Michaluk
Founder, Editor in Chief, Troll Killer, CrackBerry.com
Chief Media Officer, Mobile Nations
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-19-2008, 12:54 AM #18
- 429 Posts
"I noticed that on that when I hide/move icons so I only have 16 showing that it no longer scrolls with my finger when I drag it on screen."
That sucks. I kinda liked this feature.
Anyone notice any improvement in call quality? I get complaints of being hard to understand/hear on my Storm now (running .75 Official) and am hoping this call quality improves dramatically.
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-19-2008, 12:57 AM #19
- 196 Posts
- yeah- right...gonna have to PM me for this one.
Lol...not a lot of people I can call at this hour...I may have to wait till tomorrow to see if there's any quality improvements. I do know once I enhanced treble on the handset- it behaved a little better as far as reception went (but that was under .75)
- 12-19-2008, 12:59 AM #20
I hope this is not a stupid question, but when I have updated my phone from say 75 to 76 i have had to do a restore and use the backupfile I created. is this always normal in order to receive all my settings? I lost my password keeper passwords, browser disapeared, app center dissapeared and so did facebook. Should I expect to do this all the time? Sorry about typing, it sucks to type on your back with your laptop on your chest.
- 12-19-2008, 12:59 AM #21
Totally bummed that bluetooth audio is disabled in video playback.
There may be a standby mode. Left the phone for a few minutes untouched and it was "turned off," and had to press the power button to get it on.
Last edited by drPheta; 12-19-2008 at 01:02 AM.