Select to download Device Software used with Desktop Manager or VZAccess Manager.
How to install new OS
1. Back up data on Desktop Manager under Back up/restore option
2. Back up your 3rd party apps. Instructions here--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
3. Disconnect your BB from Desktop Manager
4. Download desired OS to your PC
5. Install/run OS to PC
6. If you are not on Verizon, delete vendor.xml file.. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
7. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
8. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.
***Steps 2 is optional but recommended
Last edited by kwackberrwii; 12-05-08 at 04:00 PM.
I tried the OTA about 20 minutes ago and it said nothing was available... connected it to my computer and loaded up DM and damn near instantly there was the upgrade box... i'm just finishing the upgrade as i type this... (phone rebooting)
Pretty much as soon as i hit post the phone finished rebooting and is now reloading all my databases.... we'll see how it goes.... hopefully its all that everyone says it is...
Verizon's site says "Note: Devices that are associated with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server or with BlackBerry Professional Software cannot perform web-based upgrades." Does that mean the only way to get the upgrade is to have our BES adminstrator push it out to us? (He's never done this kind of upgrade, and I hate to wait while he figures it out.)
CrackBerry is in no way Affiliated with BlackBerry. We take pride in our unbiased content, however do occasionally receive free products from vendors that we review or discuss. For more info click here.