CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default MSN/Hotmail WAP 2.0 Error Message Information

Hi all, I know many of you have been experiecing the WAP 2.0 message when attempting to go to Microsoft's Hotmail website.

Apparently the problem has to do with the Microsoft site and they are aware of the problem and attempting to resolve it (apparently quite slowly, but...).

The 5.0 Browser is WAP 2.0 compatible, it's just that there are a few sites that won't accept the coding in the browser and then spit out the compatibility message we've been seeing.

Once the BlackBerry KB article comes out, I'll post the link to that.

There is no current resolution except the workaround to try changing the Browser identification to Internet Explorer or Firefox and then use the full site on your phone (which works sometimes, but not all the time).

I will update this if/when there is any additional information to provide.
    On Twitter: k_r_y_p_t_o
    CrackBerry Abuser

Is that also why our hotmail push is so slow? Ie went I send a test email to my self it takes hours to get to me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,407 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask

My hotmail push is just fine. I'm glad to know why the browser is saying that, though. Good job.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Synisterwolf, hotmail push is working fine for me. If you're having problems with that, it's likely unrelated.

The browser issue has to do specifically with a couple of lines of coding in the browser and the inability of the Microsoft Hotmail site to read it. Again though, as other WAP sites are fine, it's a problem on Microsoft's end. Because it's an issue with the browser, it's unrelated to the BIS email.

Has your email been acting up for a while or just recently? It's possible resending your service books may help, or you might want to try deleting and then setting up your hotmail account again via BIS.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I wouldn't mind Hotmail Push but the thing is that I get a lot of forwards with videos and pictures, so I much prefer to view the hotmail emails on a pc.

Opera Mini helps a lot, so I can open just certain hotmail emails. Thanks.
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Good news on this front... it appears this may now be resolved (or at least it is on my new Storm with 5.0.0.328).

If you try it and it works, please feel free to confirm.