Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default JVM Error 529...?

Just did a battery pull, literally nothing else, and I now get a JVM Error 529 every time I try to start up my BB. I looked it up and the error code says "corrupt system" - how in the world is that possible with just a battery pull????????

And does this mean I have to do the "restore a nuked bb?" Seriously?
    CrackBerry Abuser

It just happened to me ... coincidentally on a 9530 Storm. I waited a while and pushed the screen to "Continue." It booted normally. I'll be backing up my data now...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,540 Global Posts

Just try to reload the OS.
    CrackBerry User

I had this exact thing happen to me. actually in the middle of the night i woke up and this error was on the screen. and now it wont read anything on my memory card. I reloaded the software and started using the phone and was working fine. I could use everything on the memory card and save to it and play music off of it and everything. Then i went to put some things into my calendar and when i went to save it the phone locked up on calendar and the only way to get out of the screen was to push end but that wouldn't close it out. i never could close it out. Only way was to do a battery pull. Did that and i get the jvm error 529 again. I have no idea what is going on.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebobbarker View Post
    I had this exact thing happen to me. actually in the middle of the night i woke up and this error was on the screen. and now it wont read anything on my memory card. I reloaded the software and started using the phone and was working fine. I could use everything on the memory card and save to it and play music off of it and everything. Then i went to put some things into my calendar and when i went to save it the phone locked up on calendar and the only way to get out of the screen was to push end but that wouldn't close it out. i never could close it out. Only way was to do a battery pull. Did that and i get the jvm error 529 again. I have no idea what is going on.
    My trouble started when the BB locked up while synchronizing the calendar with BB desktop manager. After pulling the USB cable and the battery, I had the 529 error. I backed up the data, wiped, and reloaded the OS (5.0.0.328). When I restored the data, the 529 error returned, so I wiped again, but only restored certain databases (messages, SMS, phone log, etc., but not calendar). The error is gone now, but now I am having issues with Mass Storage Mode not recognizing the device memory.
    Last edited by Bob G; 11-02-2009 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Corrected OS version.
    CrackBerry User

For me i disabled the media card support did a battery pull and i didn't get the error again. Everything is working good again. Did 3 battery pulls. Never any Java 529 error. Then i enabled the media card support again and i've done battery pulls and put stuff in the calendar and done many things and am still getting no errors whatsoever. so i still don't really know what was causing the issue yet. I think the phone i possessed or something.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

same issue but happened after installing bloomberg
    CrackBerry User

I have a freind who has a 9530 and his did it overnight as well. he said he plugged it and and this morning he had the JVM 529 error. Could this be related to .328? Just curious.

Thanks a million
    Bob
    Blackberry Storm 2 .428/436 Hybrid from OOAK. Very nice so far
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    304BBA8B

I was wondering if it had anything to do with Verizon trying to push Bing all of the sudden....
    CrackBerry User

Had same problem - again it appears to be the memory card. I simply shut the unit off (no battery pull), removed the mem card, re-inserted, then powered up and it worked.

When the problem first appeared I would get the 529 OR it would hang at the end of the loading bar start up FOREVER! But - I found if I gave it about 30 minutes it would boot up but since it was looking for a background on my memory card for a theam (and of course it was not finding the mem card), it took forever then loaded with a blank background.

For me i disabled the media card support did a battery pull and i didn't get the error again. Everything is working good again. Did 3 battery pulls. Never any Java 529 error. Then i enabled the media card support again and i've done battery pulls and put stuff in the calendar and done many things and am still getting no errors whatsoever. so i still don't really know what was causing the issue yet. I think the phone i possessed or something.
    Texas Steve
    CrackBerry Newbie

First post in this thread was on the 28th and it's been nearly a week. Are we just the unlucky few or is a wave about to hit?

Ran .328 after the OTA for several days and then this error started appearing. Tend to agrree with TX Steve unless it's just a huge coincidence that we stumbled on the same "fix". I don't run any themes or apps other than the default so wouldn't think there would be a lot of complications and have successfully run practically every leak and several hybrids posted on this. Have had very few recurring problems like this.

When it looked like my memory card wasn't being read (wallpaper reverted to the stock "V" instead of my .jpg), I pulled the memory card and was able to get my phone working again. A few problems with this though... 1) the problem recurs every few days now, 2) memory card pull doesn't seem to work all that consistently now so it may take several pulls and 3) e-mail messages disappear every time this happens. Not a huge problem when I can pull out the laptop but poses an issue when I need to refer to these during a meeting or on travel.

Been generally happy with the phone since I was forced to switch due to company policy (yes, I was one of those trendtroll original iPhone users) especially as the software has vastly improved. Could do without this low-grade persistent headache though...

Regards
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by texassteve View Post
    Had same problem - again it appears to be the memory card. I simply shut the unit off (no battery pull), removed the mem card, re-inserted, then powered up and it worked.

When the problem first appeared I would get the 529 OR it would hang at the end of the loading bar start up FOREVER! But - I found if I gave it about 30 minutes it would boot up but since it was looking for a background on my memory card for a theam (and of course it was not finding the mem card), it took forever then loaded with a blank background.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    ned to the floor

Fru
    10char
    Don't ask, and we won't tell.
    This is my opinion and in no way reflects the opinion of Verizon Wireless or its affiliates. Do not consider talking to me a substitute to actually talking to a Verizon representitive, because I often lie. I find it very sad and pathetic that anyone would actually read this far... And to anyone who reads this and thinks its dumb a big middle finger to you.
    CrackBerry User

Well im running .323. and i haven't had an issue at all since my last post. Reading the memory card fine and everything. I have no clue whats going on. seems like it fixed itself so far. Never reocurred for me yet.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Got same error during battery pull tonight. I removed Bloomberg app and 529 error during battery pull restart is gone. For now at least.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    For the ladies only :-)

try this... pull the battery, wait 5 seconds, put the battery back in and when it's booting, press and hold the escape key.
    This will boot your Storm in safe mode, perhaps there is an app that is corrupted or something. If it does boot, your OS should be fine.
    CrackBerry User

Well I did a wipe and install of verizons official 328 and hes still getting the 529 error. The only coincidence I see is that it started after installing bloomberg mobile. So I wiped again and reloaded but left out Bloomberg mobile. And removed his memory card just to be sure. I will keep you updated, but so far so good.

Thanks
    Bob
    Blackberry Storm 2 .428/436 Hybrid from OOAK. Very nice so far
    CrackBerry User

just had the same problem. been running .328 since the day it came out with no problems, woke up this morning to JVM error 529. i hit "continue" about a dozen times and finally it finished booting. i'm backing up everything now, then i'm going to try another reboot and reload the OS if it happens again.
    CrackBerry Newbie

These problems all have to do with the 16 GB memory card or its content which may be corrupt. I've found that reformatting this micro memory card resolves any related startup issue. Don't want to reformat then put another known good memory card in the storm 2 and I'll bet your pension that it starts first time every time!
    Practice backups. Their made simple with BB's Desktop manager software. Go for it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    310C2201

I got the jvm 529* message today on my 9550. after clicking through the message i noticed that my phone couldnt read any info on my memory card. after looking through this forum i figured that the Bloomburg mobile app i had installed a day earlier was likely the cause. After deleting the app everything returned to normal.
    Last edited by me.nader10; 11-14-2009 at 09:07 AM.
    9550 5.0.0.428
    CrackBerry Newbie

hey guys,

new poster here and was hoping someone could help me out.

I am getting the dreaded jvm 529 error message. Tried booting into safe mode but doesn't seem to work since you can't drepress the escape key on the storm 2 until the blackberry screen comes up (with the bar showing boot progress).

I've tried clicking continue countless times but no luck.

Can anyone think of any other solutions? Will I even be able to re-install the OS given that I can't even get past the error msg screen?

Many thanks in advance.
    CrackBerry User

Hello forum,

I have a 9700 and experienced this "JVM Error 529 - Continue" for the first time ever on a Blackberry.

I un-installed "Bloomberg" and the "Weatherbug", for

1) Bloomberg was named here very often
    2) Weatherbug appeared to have problems connecting to the designated weather area very often

I used the "alt-right-shift-del"-combination to re-start the device. Since the programs are not on the device anymore everything goes smoothly now.

Just a question?
    How do I boot in the "safe mode" with my device?
    Philips Diga=>Nokia 5110=>Nokia 6110=>Nokia 7110=>Nokia 6210=> Nokia 6310=> Motorola V525=> Nokia 6600=> Motorola E1000=> S/E P910=> VPA Compact I-V=> Blackberry 8700=> Blackberry 8100=> Blackberry 8310=> Blackberry 8110=> Blackberry8520=> Blackberry9000 and now Blackberry 9700
    CrackBerry User

I've found that its definitely not os related. I've had this happen on a couple different os's now. What i've found to actually solve the issue though is turning off my media card support. Never ever have the problem then. When i turn the media card support back on it will after a few days bring up this JVM 529 error. For me i'm leading to believe its my memory card. I only have an 8GB one that came with the phone. I might format it today and then see if that will solve the issue.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

I had this issue too on Nov13th. I've been using the bloomberg app for a while now but it did just update through app world so the updated code must have cause instability in the app. Sucks cause I liked that program and going to bloomberg through the browser, you don’t have the same features. Anyway since deleting bloomberg I haven't seen the JVM error again. However my media is on the media card and will randomly stop playing and the red error box appears. I called tech support with that issue along with the deteriorating click of my screen and now they are sending me a storm 2 for my troubles. Hope the storm 2 is good, I’m tired of having issues all the time with these phones.
    Funny thing is I gave my curve to my wife when I got the storm. I’ve been through 5 storms and the curve is still running fine. I wish I could have just been satisfied with using the stable curve and not trying for the latest and greatest....but what fun would that be?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

I am now getting multiple errors a day. After roboot need to pull battery to have it recognize the memory card. I noticed this got worse after installing uber twitter beta 6 although it happened before several times
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Bloomberg

I got this error while using Bloomberg on my bold 9700. My phone did load again and so far I have not had to wipe it. Most recent installs were bloomberg and then the media sync program from the BB desktop manager.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast