| | 02-12-2009, 12:10 AM Thread Author #1
[B]Arabic Font For Blackberry Storm 9530 and OS Load[/B]
Here's step by step instructions on how to Enable Arabic reading and typing on your Blackberry Storm. The first steps are for loading an updated OS since 184.108.40.206 dosn't seem to have Arabic available as an option.
Blackberry Storm 9530
Updating the OS for Blackberry Storm 9530 to 220.127.116.11
I chose .90 instead of .99 or .100 because for the time being it seems to be the best for working with languages.
1. Download the OS by clicking here 18.104.22.168
2. Once the download is complete, you will prompted to follow the installation instructions. Complete this task.
3. Then you will be prompted to click finish, make sure you check the box that says open Desktop Manager and then click finish (Desktop Manager is used for syncing up your Blackberry and also used for loading various applications and system updates).
4. Make sure you Blackberry is plugged into your computer, if not itís ok you can still do it now.
5. Desktop Manager will read the OS on the Blackberry and check if there is a newer update on your computer that is ready for install and will prompt you to click the update button that appears. If this doesnít happen then just manually click on the Check for Updates option.
6. The OS update/load onto the Blackberry should take you about Twenty minutes or so after choosing update now. To confirm that the OS has been updated, on your Blackberry Storm, click on Options and then choose About and on your screen you will see the latest OS.
Adding and Changing the Language on Blackberry Storm 9530
1. Plug your phone into your computer (USB).
2. Open Blackberry Desktop Manager.
3. Choose Application Loader.
4. Choose Update Software.
5. Put a Check mark next to the first version eg: 22.214.171.124 and click next.
6. The OS will appear in the window, click options on the right side and you will be taken to a screen that allows you to choose Arabic and whatever other language you would like to load, make sure you load English with it or your phone will only appear in Arabic.
7. Click next and then click finish and it should start loading Arabic capabilities (eg: reading/writing).
8. Unplug your Blackberry from your computer and then on your Blackberry go through the setup wizard which towards the end will ask you what languages to enable, choose English and Arabic and click next.
9. If the wizard doesnít appear then just load it manually by clicking on the Wizard Icon on your Blackberry.
10. Then choose Language
11. Then under typing choose Arabic.
12. Most importantly make sure you put a check mark next Arabic so that you may keep the typing fonts as well or else it will remove and undo the entire process that you just completed.
13. Now for the test, go into your email and start to compose an email, you should be able to see Arabic keys on your keyboard.
14. Now for test number two, go to Qur'an Transliteration and choose from the mobile section located on the left hand side and you should be able to see Quran in Arabic.
15. You can have the entire phone and all its features appear in Arabic (eg: numbers, icons, menus etc).
Attached are the PDF files incase you need to print them. They have more picture samples available in them.