Constant reboots in .85?
01-16-09 10:32 AM
- Has anyone been getting constant reboots in .85 when you lock the phone?
I installed .85 today on my replacement and all was well until about 9 p.m after I installed some of my 3rd party apps (i'll list) and then the phone started rebooting, literally every 20 minutes if I let the screen go dark, i couldn't get it to come back on, then the red light would come on signalling it was rebooting. Anyone had this issue?
autolock (which I promptly deleted as I thought it was the issue bu it kept on going)
I've deleted VZnav and rhapsody prior to it starting to reboot and before I installed the apps, it was okay. anyone heard if any of those listed above are conflicting majorly with .85?01-05-09 02:12 AM
- Why not remove them and see if it solves the problem. If it does, then you could start reinstalling them one at a time, maybe 2 days apart. Some of those app's are not really storm ready and could easily be causing this problem.
On another note, I had the rebooting on .75 and .85 solved that for me. The os's are a little buggy but hopefully in a few months they will get everything worked out and 3rd party storm app's will be available.01-05-09 07:20 AM
- so i did that, just took all the 3rd party apps off, everything was doing okay, for about 2 hours, then every time the phone would shut off the backlight, couldn't get it back on again, thus the phone is just a black screen, then it reboots.
So I did a wipe and reinstalled .85 thinking maybe it would help. all was well until this morning when I went to go through and check my messages, texts, etc. within 5 minutes, after the phone backlight went out, sure enough, went to rebooting. Currently on splash screen #2 reboot.
I have had no problems with .85 on my other device (although there was loads of dust under the screen)
anyone think it could just be a problem with this phone or should I just go back, wipe and reinstall .76?01-06-09 12:16 PM
- hmmm I'm gonna give it another day or two, then I'll be calling verizon and asking them for another replacement I suppose.. I'm hoping it's just the OS though.
It was doing it once every half hour, but as long as the stupid backlight stays on the thing won't just reset itself randomly. I don't get it.01-06-09 12:41 PM
- I got my replacement yesterday, and it does that on .75 and .85. I had to reactivate my current one. Like yours, everytime the screen went off, it would be shut off then reboot. So annoying.
Later, I'm gonna do a jl_cmdr wipe and put .75 on fresh and see what happens. Prob will end up getting my 3rd replacment (4th overall). *sigh*01-06-09 01:09 PM
Edit: Just called and have a new one shipping out tomorrow, here Friday. I'm getting sick of swapping these things out!
Last edited by paulmike3; 01-06-09 at 06:30 PM.01-06-09 06:02 PM
- See mine doesn't do it every single time like clock work. Its done it significantly less since last night but still giving me issues. Its not being consistent enough for me to blame it on the phone. I'm gonna go back to .75 and see what that gets me. Hopefully it'll work before the fed ex man comes tomorrow. If not. I'm gonna keep my dusty one til I can get another. Really hoping its just software this phone is flawless except for this.01-06-09 06:30 PM
- See mine doesn't do it every single time like clock work. Its done it significantly less since last night but still giving me issues. Its not being consistent enough for me to blame it on the phone. I'm gonna go back to .75 and see what that gets me. Hopefully it'll work before the fed ex man comes tomorrow. If not. I'm gonna keep my dusty one til I can get another. Really hoping its just software this phone is flawless except for this.01-06-09 06:34 PM
- I got 3 Storms when they where released and my daughters Storm had the same issue. At that time it was the .65 OS and it would reboot through out the day, so I called and they sent me another Storm. The second Storm had Media Card issues. It wouldn't read the card so I called back and they sent another one. The 3rd one is working great, and I have .85 on mine Storm and my wife's and they are working great. I do think that after a week or so of .85, I can say that .83 was more faster. With .85 I see at times my Storm slows down when using it. If I don't here of another update in a week or so, I will be reinstalling .83 back.01-06-09 09:41 PM
- well I traversed back to .65....no issues yet...may go to .83 in a few days see how that goes for me. if it's just .85 then I'll be the happiest camper ever since this phone is literally perfect compared to all my others. screen gap is very minimal all the way around, same with the click is awesome. I'm just really hoping it's .85.01-07-09 02:14 AM
- I'm convinced that the rebooting problem that a lot of us have experienced, is do to bugs in the os. I think the coding needs to be streamlined and I'm sure they are anxious as we are to get it fixed. The reason I think this is because all the reading I do on this site shows that most of the rebooting problems are happening on various versions of the os. And, they are random but most are somewhat resolved by up/down grading. There are also many that are installing third party sw that is not compatible. I am not saying this is ok, just that the os is a work in progress. Verizon didn't release ..83 or .85 because they know it is still full of bugs and hopefully will release a stable version soon. As I said earlier, I had the rebooting many times a day with the .75, and .83 gave me the verizon screen lock up but .85, for some reason fixed the problem, go figure..
One last thought on this is the app memory seems to be too low for a complex smart phone like the storm and I know that's not helping the situation either, IMHO01-07-09 06:51 AM
- I've been getting constant freezes in .85 too, mostly while BBMing. My phone had only frozen a handful of times total before I upgraded to the leaked .85. Even more annoying, on 1 out of every 3/4 restarts after a freeze, I'll get a Verizon spalsh screen that freezes the phone AGAIN (and requires a 2nd battery pull). It's driving me nuts.
The battery life seems significantly better on .85 though so I've held off on downgrading for now, but I would really love to see an official release in the near future which will hopefully fix the freezing problems.01-07-09 12:20 PM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More BlackBerry Phones
- BlackBerry Storm
- Storm OS Discussion
Constant reboots in .85?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD