Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Can I install Bell .122 on my Verizon

Can I install the official bell version 4.7.0.122 on my Verizon Storm? If so, will everything work the same as it does now or will I have any problems? Any help would be appreciated.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,185 Global Posts

Yes you can but in order to install it you will need to go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Applo ader and delete the Vendor.xml file. After you delete it, plug in device and double click on the Loader.exe file in the same folder.
    CrackBerry User

Sure can, I did it last night.

Just be sure to delete the vendor.xml file before installing or the installation will fail.

Personally, I would recommend it. My phone works much smoother/faster now.

If you have any questions I would recommend looking through the post for .122. Most of the questions are answered there already.
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."
    -R. W. Emerson
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

So everything will still work like it should? The PRL will remain a Verizon PRL and everything? Do all the phone functions still work?
    CrackBerry User

what is the vendor file used for anyway?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnc8407 View Post
    So everything will still work like it should? The PRL will remain a Verizon PRL and everything? Do all the phone functions still work?

Yes. I just did it last night & my berry runs SO much better.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Do I need to wipe it or just do the upgrade? I am on .75.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    not w/o dinner first ;)

just upgrade.. u do not need to go in order.. ie .075 to .076 and so on just upgrade from .075 to .122
    Canada, not just exporting hockey players anymore =)
    YAY RIM !!

OS 5.0.0.419
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    PIN
    DIDLY-IN

Quote Originally Posted by johnc8407 View Post
    Do I need to wipe it or just do the upgrade? I am on .75.
    Follow instructions here http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/bell-os-4-7-0-122-download-207862/
    I did it yesterday and my 9530 runs great

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

John yes you can install .122 on your Verizon Storm. I have already done it and will say it is well worth it.

You will not lose any functionality and everything works without any problems because you are Verizon and the release is for Bell doesn't matter. As CX already stated many times all you have to do is delete the vendor file.

There is no need to wipe unless you want to but it is advised to do a backup prior to upgrade via the desktop manager.

Just follow the instructions CX gave in her download post and download it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crucial_Xtreme View Post
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.7.0.172 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.7.0.172
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.7.0.122
    * Software Platform: 4.0.0.153
    * File name: 9530AMEA_PBr4.7.0_rel172_PL4.0.0.153_A4.7.0.122_Be ll_Mobility_Inc.exe
    * File size: 104.43MB
    Download HERE

To load on any carriers 9530:

1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
    2. Go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Applo ader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
    3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.
    5. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.
    Last edited by bradbogy; 04-17-2009 at 10:22 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

I had never done an upgrade on my Storm that was not an official Verizon release. I just couldn't wait any longer for Verizon to step up. I upgraded my .75 to .122 and whoa...what a difference. Much nicer. Works like a champ. No problem at all.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,185 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoahNoah View Post
    what is the vendor file used for anyway?
    The Vendor.xml file tells the Apploader/DM which carriers software to load. So if you have Verizon and try to install Bells software without deleting the Vendor.xml file, it will not load to the device. It must be deleted.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    809 Global Posts

Question backing up?

i know i need to back up my phone and also 3rd party apps on the DM. is this just to be safe in case it bricks? when i download .122 will it transfer all my info like phone contacts, just not third party apps? or will those auto transfer as well? so i should not have to transfer anything except 3rd party? i'm confused what actually automatically transfers over. please help.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

When you upgrade your os it backs up your phone anyway, but if it fails during the upgrade you could be screwed. By backing it up first, if something goes wrong you are safe.
    rockin' 2.01 on the Droid - It's butta baby!
    I'm on twitter too!...