CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,782 Global Posts
    PIN
    g Pong balls!? I thought you said, "King Kong's Balls!"
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BES and internet connection

Is there a way to have my internet run on BIS but still be on BES. For some reason I am suddenly seeing websites blocked. It is annoying as ****.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    I'm the Page Ranking person for Crackberry. :p | Don't be a CEO, Search the Forums! | Hybrids Suck!

You should have two browsers selectable under Internet Browser dropdown. Pick "Internet" rather then Blackberry or BES one from that choice. That should route all your web requests through BIS... that is IF the BES admin didn't block that capability via the IT Policy.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    304fbade

open browser: blackberry Key----options---general properties----and set the default browser to Internet browser instead of blackberry browser.

~JOHN B~
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,782 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thanks Civic and brinklej. Damn Civic you are fast. I think you got back to me before my admin did.

Either way I set it to internet Browser in both the browser options and the default settings under Advanced Options > Browser. And it still seems to be getting blocked. I even tried a battery pull. My buddy is the Dir of systems so he is checking it out. He thought it was odd that he is fine, but I am seeing blocks since we should have the same rights.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,782 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Oh and despite the default settings my browser keeps going back to BlackBerry browser so it must be in the policy. However I don't think they changed anything and I was active on BES since this replacement showed up on Wednesday.

So it may be a fluke.