Make sure you can view hidden folders. You set this up in "folder and search options" in Windows.
TO AVOID CONFUSION READ THIS FIRST! It is very simple.
1. Download the CDMA and Java files from the link above.
2. Use Winrar to unzip the files onto your computer. You will get a "CDMA" folder and a "Java" folder.
3. On your PC go to:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\ (the latest version on your PC) i.e. 9530-v22.214.171.124_P126.96.36.199, if you have .113 on your phone as the latest version.
4. Simply copy the CDMA and Java folders from the .rar file and paste them into the the above folder, replacing the existing files.
5. Back up your device for your own peace of mind.
6. Run AppLoader, it will not notice any updates, go to options and chose .113 (or your latest OS that you put the .122 files into), and the .122 files will transfer over.
This occurs because you have replaced the .113 files with the .122. So the .122 files will be transferred onto the device. Although DM reads it as .113 this is because you have not used the installer file. This is a temp work-a-round as RIM has restricted the use of the update.
Note: So many ppl always complain about the riskiness of leaked OS's. That is fine that you feel that way. Simply please stop flooding the forums with your whining about it. You know the ultimate downside (should something go wrong) you can wipe your handheld with JL_Cmd and install the OS from scratch. It is very easy to do.
Sorry to ask but this is my first drag and drop install soooo, What do we do with these files? Just drop them into the 113 folder if that's what we have? Plug in phone? Or do we need to re-run the installer?
Sorry and thanks...
You could call us biased, and you wouldn’t be wrong, because at CrackBerry we love BlackBerry and think you should own a BlackBerry Smartphone! We also work as a community support and marketing partner with BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile. Our immense passion and knowledge of BlackBerry by our editors and community members make this the best resource for BlackBerry you’ll find anywhere!