Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: are you happy?

Voters
285. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I love it.

123 43.16%
  • Couple little things, happy over all though

119 41.75%
  • Too many little things to be happy.

29 10.18%
  • I hate this.

14 4.91%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Anyone actually HAPPY with .328?

I mean seriously, all anyone here is doing is ********.. Anyone have a trouble free, pleasant version of .328?
    I do. No issues at all.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,395 Global Posts
    PIN
    occhio

Im good. No complaints.
    CrackBerry User

I am glad someone is happy with this OS. I have had no problems except now i can't use my Storm as an mp3 player cause the headphone jack doesn't not work any more. I honestly like OS 5.0 but that one issue has turned this OS to complete crap!!!! Anyone want a Storm that can't play mp3's? I sure don't, that was part of the reason I got a BB Storm.
    STORMING is now a way of life! Crackberries ROCK!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    PIN
    30CB0DC9

I like the OS overall. There are still several quirks such as the auto dimming when going to landscape mode regardless of the ambient lighting where you have your Storm or whether you have Auto Dimming set to ON or OFF.

Quote Originally Posted by mcowell View Post
    ...now i can't use my Storm as an mp3 player cause the headphone jack doesn't not work any more.
    Just plugged my headphones in and they worked. Not sure why they won't for you. Have you tried different headphones?

Btw, the sound through the device's speakers is lower than .230, but then, .230's sound level was WAY too high.
    Currently running OOAKDPC's .685/.743 Hybrid!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts

Just a few little issues for me, but mostly it's cinnamon and gravy.
    Alltel Pearl 8130 ---> Verizon Storm 9530 ---> Verizon Bold 9650
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,395 Global Posts
    PIN
    occhio

I am glad someone is happy with this OS. I have had no problems except now i can't use my Storm as an mp3 player cause the headphone jack doesn't not work any more. I honestly like OS 5.0 but that one issue has turned this OS to complete crap!!!! Anyone want a Storm that can't play mp3's? I sure don't, that was part of the reason I got a BB Storm.
    Was using my headphones all day today. No issues. Ive been saying this all night but try doing a complete wipe of your phone and reinstall OS to phone. For stuff like that thats the only real advice i can give. Ive had the same storm since january and havent had one issue with headphone usage with any OS ive installed. Give it a try and see if it works.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,051 Global Posts

Memory management with heavy app usage isn't too good. boot at 41mb hover at 23-28.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

I can use my headphone jack. I somewhere along the way of upgrading the leaks, lost the music icon in the media player! I can go to the file icon and choose an album or song or all, and the music player opens with limited functions. But no crashes or other problems I had before.
    Storm9530, OS328
    Last edited by Twodalew; 10-27-2009 at 11:01 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by dylanmail View Post
    I like the OS overall. There are still several quirks such as the auto dimming when going to landscape mode regardless of the ambient lighting where you have your Storm or whether you have Auto Dimming set to ON or OFF.

Just plugged my headphones in and they worked. Not sure why they won't for you. Have you tried different headphones?

Btw, the sound through the device's speakers is lower than .230, but then, .230's sound level was WAY too high.
    I have tried three sets of headphones and they all worked before I installed OS 5.0. This a HUGE problem for me and the reason I am dissapointed with OS 5.0. I have only installed official OS's. I am getting really frustrated and am waisting a lot of time trying to make my BB an mp3 player again!
    CrackBerry User

ARRRGGG!!!! I Am about to smash my STORM. It just won't play music through my headphones now! What a piece of junk! OK so this is a rant but I am getting really pissed that this phone that I used to adore has now become such a frustration.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Yes I love it memory is stable an it feels more fluided.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

you might have ruined it.. I spilled beer on mine and could no longer effectively use the headphone jack. it would go straight to voicedialing everytime I plugged something in and moved it, or it would just not play music at all. got it replaced and all is well
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    PIN
    30DB0BA4

I love .328
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,395 Global Posts
    PIN
    occhio

ARRRGGG!!!! I Am about to smash my STORM. It just won't play music through my headphones now! What a piece of junk! OK so this is a rant but I am getting really pissed that this phone that I used to adore has now become such a frustration.
    Ok here goes again, wipe your phone. Reinstall OS. If your not sure how to do it right let me know and i'll help you out. Blolwin a fuse isnt gonna help.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

2 little things for me. Screen dimming and still waiting for Pandora for an update! I'm getting sick of Slacker ;( otherwise I like.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts
    PIN
    T OF GUINNESS PLEASE!

I think 328 is the best we've had. Yes, I experience minor issues, but nothing that I can't tolerate, especially when you consider where we've been with the Storm 1 this past year.
    Shrinked OS 5.0.0.571 Thanks Lyricidal

My Guide to How to Shrink-A-OS: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/how-shrink-os-348769/
    CrackBerry User

I would be OK if I actually did something to break the headphone jack but since OS 5.0 was loaded my headphone jack has not worked! I have never spilled anything on it so moisture is not the problem the OS is.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts

A couple of minor annoyances, but other than that it's great. Considering the differences in the hardware from phone to phone, I'm wondering if anything better is possible. Anyway, the phone now works the way I thought it should when I got it, so I'm a happy camper till my contract runs out and the next phone comes along.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,395 Global Posts
    PIN
    occhio

Quote Originally Posted by Old No. 7 View Post
    you might have ruined it.. I spilled beer on mine and could no longer effectively use the headphone jack. it would go straight to voicedialing everytime I plugged something in and moved it, or it would just not play music at all. got it replaced and all is well
    Yea i think spilling a beer falls under the need a new phone area of things.lol As well as a ticket for alchohol abuse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How dare you spill a beer!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

Quote Originally Posted by strmtrooper View Post
    Yea i think spilling a beer falls under the need a new phone area of things.lol As well as a ticket for alchohol abuse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How dare you spill a beer!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
    haha, I didn't mean too, I swear! it wasn't much... I was holding the beer and tipped my hand trying to text... next day I try to listen to music and am just crushed. lol
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,395 Global Posts
    PIN
    occhio

haha, I didn't mean too, I swear! it wasn't much... I was holding the beer and tipped my hand trying to text... next day I try to listen to music and am just crushed. lol
    Aaaaahhhh the old trying to text while still holding a brew to look cool when the chics are watching trick. I know the trick well. Have many a beer stained shirt and pants combo to show for it.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

Aaaaahhhh the old trying to text while still holding a brew to look cool when the chics are watching trick. I know the trick well. Have many a beer stained shirt and pants combo to show for it.
    I was actually texting a chick trying to **** her off. lol... and it was suggested to me to do it by a chick that I was already with. lol

I lost both ways. Got nothing (and you know what I'm reffereing to) from the one I was with, and the one I texted was all bitchy at me. lol
    worst night ever.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,395 Global Posts
    PIN
    occhio

I was actually texting a chick trying to **** her off. lol... and it was suggested to me to do it by a chick that I was already with. lol

I lost both ways. Got nothing (and you know what I'm reffereing to) from the one I was with, and the one I texted was all bitchy at me. lol
    worst night ever.
    Ok you lost both chics,fried your BB and spilled your beer?
    But you didnt spill it on your shirt,pants or shoes so after both girls left you can now get more beer and meet someone else. Life is good.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    30567FF4

I love this OS! I dont really see much difference from .323 except for the updating Icons on the home screen. All in all, I'd have to say this OS is the bee's knee's. I dont understand why people are having so many troubles with it.. but then again, I was unwise in the ways of the Blackberry at one point too.
    XBL - TragicallyHiip
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

Ok you lost both chics,fried your BB and spilled your beer?
    But you didnt spill it on your shirt,pants or shoes so after both girls left you can now get more beer and meet someone else. Life is good.
    hahaha, yeah...but didn't lose either of them... they hate eachother, but I'm cool with both. and I got everything from the one girl BUT the fun stuff. haha
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast