Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default VZW OS File Naming Scheme

So I was poking around VZW's website and was looking at the OS updates available for the various blackberry's. I decided to pick the Storm as an example.

Could someone breakdown for me the naming scheme they used for the file?

9530AMEA_PBr4.7.0_rel203_PL4.0.0.181_A4.7.0.148_Ve rizon_Wireless.exe

And can this information be interpretted from the About screen of a particular BB to figure out which file was used? More specifically, can you figure out from the About screen what PBr4.7.0 and rel203 corresponds to? Say I had rel203 and rel219 with the same firmware version, could you tell the difference from the About screen?

9530 = blackberry version
    PBr4.7.0 = ??
    rel203 = ??
    PL4.0.0.181 = Platform version
    A4.7.0.148 = Firmware version
    Last edited by lahnipm; 07-13-2009 at 11:57 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by lahnipm View Post
    So I was poking around VZW's website and was looking at the OS updates available for the various blackberry's. I decided to pick the Storm as an example.

Could someone breakdown for me the naming scheme they used for the file?

9530AMEA_PBr4.7.0_rel203_PL4.0.0.181_A4.7.0.148_Ve rizon_Wireless.exe

And can this information be interpretted from the About screen of a particular BB to figure out which file was used? More specifically, can you figure out from the About screen what PBr4.7.0 and rel203 corresponds to? Say I had rel203 and rel219 with the same firmware version, could you tell the difference from the About screen?

PBr4.7.0 = ??
    rel203 = ??
    The parts you're not sure about is one part: PBr4.7.0_rel203 which means it's release 203, which is the combination of the platform and app versions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by DeaconBlue; 07-13-2009 at 11:32 AM.

change your thread title....

Package (4.7.0.203)
    RIM develops applications and platform separately. When they decide to put the two together for testing, they give the combo a version number. This is the package number. Arguably, this should be number used to refer to a particular OS number, but convention uses the application number instead.

In case of Verizon's latest release, the package version is 4.7.0.203.
    Last edited by howarmat; 07-13-2009 at 11:36 AM.
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

And Package appears in the About screen?

EDIT: I'd also change the forum topic if I could....seems I can't change it. Realized after my first post that I should have been a bit more specific.
    Last edited by lahnipm; 07-13-2009 at 12:01 PM.

package does not show on the about screen. Its an install package number only really
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Ah, so it is impossible to figure out just by having access to the device itself then.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    I'm the Page Ranking person for Crackberry. :p | Don't be a CEO, Search the Forums! | Hybrids Suck!

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    package does not show on the about screen. Its an install package number only really
    This information shows up on the HelpMe! screen however. That's why I wish more people would post screenshots of the HelpMe! screen rather then the about screen. That screen shows PL, App, and Rel numbers.

PIN
    I'm the Page Ranking person for Crackberry. :p | Don't be a CEO, Search the Forums! | Hybrids Suck!

PBr4.7.0 = ??
    rel203 = ??
    This info is a bit off.

9530 = model of handset
    AMEA = languages
    PBr4.7.0_ = Public Release and main version number (I believe)
    rel203 = Release or "build" 203
    PL = Platform version (Main OS Core and Firmware)
    A = App version.

Most of us relate the A (app version) as the version of the OS, but in all actuality, the PL is the OS version really. The PL is the SFI file in the CDMA loader directory and the A is all the files in the Java folder.

BTW, this was discussed a while back too and I think there's a thread somewhere that depicted all of this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

So in my case I have the Tour and the following numbers:

Platform 4.1.0.40
    App Version: 4.7.1.40 (70)

What would be the PBr and rel versions?

PIN

So in my case I have the Tour and the following numbers:

Platform 4.1.0.40
    App Version: 4.7.1.40 (70)

What would be the PBr and rel versions?
    PL = 4.1.0.40
    A = 4.7.1.40
    Rel = 70

So, the filename should be something like: 9630AMEA_PBr4.7.1_rel70_PL4.1.0.40_A4.7.1.40_Veriz on_Wireless.exe
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Sweet deal. Thank you for the clarification!

PIN

No problem.

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98 View Post
    PL = 4.1.0.40
    A = 4.7.1.40
    Rel = 70

So, the filename should be something like: 9630AMEA_PBr4.7.1_rel70_PL4.1.0.40_A4.7.1.40_Veriz on_Wireless.exe
    Below is the real filename of the 9630 OS downloadable from VZW's site... Looks like someone got a little crazy with underscores and dots, but as you can see, it's the same format. What puzzles me is that you indicated your release is .70, whereas the one they post is .77. Is it possible you made a mistake on that 70 that was in ()?

9630AMEA_PBr4_1_.7.1_rel77_PL4.1.0.40_A4.7.1.40.ex e
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

I did make a mistake. It is 77, I just double checked. Had they not been underscore happy, we probably would have found it lurking on their server already. Oh well...

Thanks again!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com