-DO NOT UNPLUG DURING THE UPDATE, if it sits at a certain screen, let it sit, it might stay at the same screen for up to 10 minutes.
-Backup everything before installing new OS
-Once everything is installed, do a battery pull after verifying OS has been installed
-Will not work with the BB Storm 9500
-Vendor file, does not need to be deleted but if you want to, you can. I myself removed it but there are a few people who said they didn't delete it and it worked.
Originally Posted by vdiesel
.83 vs .85
1. Accelerometer feels about the same (possibly a split second slower)
2. Camera is about 2-3 seconds faster (I timed them)
3. Keyboard speed is about the same (still pretty fast)
4. No media card or stuck Verizon logo errors (so far, last time it appeared later)
5. The IM bug that was fixed in .83 was reintroduced in .85 (the landscape keyboard does not push up the text area so you can see what you're typing)
6. Browser is more quirky about loading pages, sometimes it does and sometimes it just sits there with a white screen trying to load the simplest pages
7. In general, it feels a tad bit snappier, especially with screen to screen transitions
Overall, I saw no major improvements here besides the camera (though it's still too slow), and I was a bit disappointed with the IM keyboard bug returning and the quirky browser behavior. But if this build is more stable in the long run (no more crashing), then it was worth the trouble. I have say though that, overall, I am unimpressed with this one. .83 had major performance improvements, .85 doesn't seem to add much, and actuallys takes away in some regards as mentioned earlier. I'll update on its stability as I use it more.
Last edited by RHChan84; 01-20-09 at 09:40 PM.
Reason: More Links
You could call us biased, and you wouldn’t be wrong, because at CrackBerry we love BlackBerry and think you should own a BlackBerry Smartphone! We also work as a community support and marketing partner with BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile. Our immense passion and knowledge of BlackBerry by our editors and community members make this the best resource for BlackBerry you’ll find anywhere!