Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    471 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default .328 Color Banding. wtf? Why on every VZV official?

Coming from .296 hybrid my icons and my call screen buttons look like ****. Even my keyboard as I type this is crappy looking. Not as bad as color banding in previous official builds but its defiantly there. Look at the media and application folder icons. Also at the tops of every icon.
    Anyone know why every official from VZV has this? Does .237 have the color banding issue? I bet it doesn't and If not a .238 java with a .237 radio would be nice. I wonder if .237 was good enough and went through testing but verizon required somethings changed before it became official? They made very slight changes which allowed verizon to ok it a few days later after those changes were made? I had a long weekend and I'm super tired. hope some of you get what I'm trying to say.
    VERIZON BB STORM2 9550 RUNNING ON 5.0.0.973

[Previous owner of Storm 9530 on 5.0/328 and Tour 9630 on 5.0/.328 hybrid; lovin' the Storm2!!]

YouTube.com/BStormUser
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    966 Global Posts
    PIN
    307A5402

I don't notice it... maybe my eye isn't as keen?
    pwstinger@vzw.blackberry.net

The storm should have a quote engraved on it: Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate...
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    I'm the Page Ranking person for Crackberry. :p | Don't be a CEO, Search the Forums! | Hybrids Suck!

The only color/quality issues I've seen is when you look at pics full screen. Check Card Storm's thread for a good explanation to what to look for.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    471 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Really I'm alone on this? just hit the send button and look at the tops of the dial pad keys. They look worse on this OS than I have ever seen.

Hope the storm2 doesn't have this issue.

Edit. While typing this post I got an error with key input system. Something about it needed to be restarted. Then my buttons froze. Wtf?
    Last edited by sc3800gsx; 10-26-2009 at 02:43 AM.

[Previous owner of Storm 9530 on 5.0/328 and Tour 9630 on 5.0/.328 hybrid; lovin' the Storm2!!]

YouTube.com/BStormUser
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    539 Global Posts

I can see it, but its not a problem for me. I have other complaints lol storm. Jokes aside . 328 feels good to me.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    I'm the Page Ranking person for Crackberry. :p | Don't be a CEO, Search the Forums! | Hybrids Suck!

Quote Originally Posted by sc3800gsx View Post
    Really I'm alone on this? just hit the send button and look at the tops of the dial pad keys. They look worse on this OS than I have ever seen. Wtf?
    Are you talking about the little black dot pixle look at the top shadow edge of each number button?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    471 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98 View Post
    Are you talking about the little black dot pixle look at the top shadow edge of each number button?
    yes that's the most apparent way to notice it. But here in my hand I have a tour, iphone and my storm and next to the other two phones just going through my menu it looks like it was made 3 years ago. I didn't notice it at first and I know my 9530 diaply lacks a bit of definition compared to the other two but not bad. now I can't even explain how bad everything looks next to the iphone.

YouTube.com/BStormUser
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    471 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Even color banding on photos. This is BS. I have a picture of a receipt on my phone and I'm looking at it side by side with my tour . On my storm u can't even read the numbers on it at all even though it fills up the whole screen. The tour, even with a smaller screen, I can even read the small fine date on it without zooming in at all.

I was really hoping verizon would do good on this, I just might not be getting a storm2...
    Last edited by sc3800gsx; 10-26-2009 at 03:12 AM.

YouTube.com/BStormUser
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,064 Global Posts

Even color banding on photos. This is BS
    Yup. Check out my post it CardStorms thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/pe...2/#post3913200
    OS - .328
    Case - Seidio Innocase II (Awesome Case!)
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    947 Global Posts

I'm just not seeing it. Maybe on the icons but when I look at any of my pix on my SD card they look as good as they did on 4.7.167. And I just watched an Onion News Vodcast with PodTrapper and the video was solid, beautiful and my Bluetooth Stereo headset worked perfectly with it. So far I have no complaints with this OS.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,064 Global Posts

Video is much different from still images. Look at my photos in the link above and you will see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadzilla74 View Post
    I'm just not seeing it. Maybe on the icons but when I look at any of my pix on my SD card they look as good as they did on 4.7.167. And I just watched an Onion News Vodcast with PodTrapper and the video was solid, beautiful and my Bluetooth Stereo headset worked perfectly with it. So far I have no complaints with this OS.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    471 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Quote Originally Posted by limjelo View Post
    Yup. Check out my post it CardStorms thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/pe...2/#post3913200
    Wow. So they reduce quality to load pictures faster and my iphone and tour still loads faster and has way better quality

YouTube.com/BStormUser
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    471 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Does .327 have this issue?

YouTube.com/BStormUser
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,064 Global Posts

Does .327 have this issue?
    .323 had it, .328 has it, so I'm sure .327 has it.
    OS - .328
    Case - Seidio Innocase II (Awesome Case!)
    CrackBerry Addict

I had .323, upgraded to .328 last night and I don't see it or color banding.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

There is absolutely no way this OS has the worse color banding issue.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,416 Global Posts
    PIN
    JUST ASK

The word color banding should be deleted from this site!! The os is great coming from 148, this is the greatest thing since slices bread. How far can one reach to complain?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    head

I agree that it shouldn't exist, but at this point I doubt they are going to ever get rid of it. Before the first couple of builds, has there been a build since, in which color banding didn't exist? I can't remember. I just assume that it will always be there in some form.
    "Business to business. The old fashion way. No blackberries. No websites. I would like to see a website deliver baskets of food to people." Michael Scott