Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Vision YouTube Client

OS .328 (Shrunk)

Theme: §¦ Fresh ¦§ by KD

Favorite Apps: BeejiveIM, Facebook, FreeTips, Google Maps, iFitness, Mango, Meterberry, Mobile Checkbook, My Verizon, Pandora, ScoreMobile, Ubertwitter, Urbanspoon, & WeatherBug.

Favorite Games: Texas Hold' Em King & Uno
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,854 Global Posts

will the quality be any better then the regular youtube app?
    The Nameless Channel
    Canada | C000F0BDE
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,184 Global Posts
    PIN
    eapple

This is actually a really neat app! It's way better than the other appearance-wise and you have a choice between streaming formats! I didn't get to test it out a ton but it's worth looking into if it's something you're into.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    842 Global Posts

I'm not entirely sure the quality is better than any of the other apps (on either streaming format). I think the fact that you can't view the video in landscape ...making the video picture smaller than the other players... is where the "quality gain" comes from.

I'm slightly depressed now because I thought if we had the ability to view H.263 videos, like the iPhone, the quality would be tremendously better. I was wrong.
    Crackberry Rule 92: No more “goodbye storm, hello xxxxx” posts. They suck worse than you do.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    30BB64FD

Can't seem to search but video quality is better than youtube app

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    842 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJimTight View Post
    Can't seem to search...

Click towards the top of the screen where there are two triangle looking things pointing up towards the edge of the screen. that will bring down the search bar.
    Crackberry Rule 92: No more “goodbye storm, hello xxxxx” posts. They suck worse than you do.
    CrackBerry User

I like this program much more than the othe app. Just got done watching some trailer on it. Worth checking out.

CrackBerry User

Just use KeepVid: Download and save any video from Youtube, Dailymotion, Metacafe, iFilm and more!
    It downloads high quality versions of the utube video.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by gafly View Post
    I think the fact that you can't view the video in landscape ...making the video picture smaller than the other players... is where the "quality gain" comes from.
    Actually you can view the videos in landscape. There are some layout issues on the Storm when switching between orientations, so the screen will lock into whichever orientation is in use when the application is started. This will be fixed eventually, but it is not a high priority right now.
    Martin M Reed | Metova
    www.metova.com
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,665 Global Posts
    PIN
    304AB5FC

Quote Originally Posted by mindlessoath View Post
    Just use KeepVid: Download and save any video from Youtube, Dailymotion, Metacafe, iFilm and more!
    It downloads high quality versions of the utube video.
    I've been using this for a few years. By any chance do you have a list of all the sites it can convert? Also, if you wouldn't mind, try saving a full length episode of the original Star Trek. It doesn't let me save it.
    I dare you to follow me on Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/matrix2004
    PSN username=CYBORG_SMURF
    Google Talk: matrix.underworld
    CrackBerry Newbie

IMO the video quality is no better, and may in fact be worse quality than the youtube app. It does have a neat feature that allows you to send the videos to friends. Worth the 750 kb's fo sho!

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts

can you link you own youtube account with this app
    CrackBerry Addict

The video quality on MP4 or H.263 (or what ever the other one is) IMO doesnt seem to be any different than the current youtube app that I have. I watched the same video on both applications and they seemed identical.
    DONT HATE BECAUSE YOUR STUCK WITH AN IPHONE!
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    K Floyd

This app sucks! In my opinion.
    {+_+} Droid... 2.1/Rooted

If you can't "Contribute" to a thread, Don't Post!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    346 Global Posts
    PIN
    30596C48

Videos are streamed from youtube mobile and not regular youtube so not all the videos show up. booo
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    332C2FDA

The video quality is the same as youtube app's or youtube website using storm.
    Z10 / Pin:333B9EF7 / 10.1.0.4651.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

I did a quick little test. Had a friends Storm next to mine. We both qued up a video of Lebron James shooting that winning 3 pointer against Orlando last week. One running Vision & the other YouTube. Played them side by side and found them both equally crappy. I have another friend with an Iphone and his video quality was much better. Why is this? My guess is that Iphone has a special deal with YouTube and therefore won't allow the high quality videos to be released to anything other than an Iphone. Just my opinion.
    I am a Blackberry addict! I love the Storm!
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by nspencerks View Post
    I did a quick little test. Had a friends Storm next to mine. We both qued up a video of Lebron James shooting that winning 3 pointer against Orlando last week. One running Vision & the other YouTube. Played them side by side and found them both equally crappy. I have another friend with an Iphone and his video quality was much better. Why is this? My guess is that Iphone has a special deal with YouTube and therefore won't allow the high quality videos to be released to anything other than an Iphone. Just my opinion.
    Bingo...we have a winner. Youtube and iphone have a contract which is why Youtube is a native application on the iphone's opperating system. They stream videos in H.236 i believe which is a much higher quality than 3gp which is what we recieve on our storm. Which sucks because the storm is fully capable of playing H.236 video format yet youtube only allows us to recieve the much lower video quality 3gp. Lame, and in my opinion both settings in Vision are exactly the same as the regular Youtube app.
    DONT HATE BECAUSE YOUR STUCK WITH AN IPHONE!
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    332C2FDA

Quote Originally Posted by 1967LS2 View Post
    Bingo...we have a winner. Youtube and iphone have a contract which is why Youtube is a native application on the iphone's opperating system. They stream videos in H.236 i believe which is a much higher quality than 3gp which is what we recieve on our storm. Which sucks because the storm is fully capable of playing H.236 video format yet youtube only allows us to recieve the much lower video quality 3gp. Lame, and in my opinion both settings in Vision are exactly the same as the regular Youtube app.
    whatever iPhone got, i'm hoping the new storm will have it as well.
    Z10 / Pin:333B9EF7 / 10.1.0.4651.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    346 Global Posts

Call me unimpressed. The google app was out about 6 months ago and looks more polished than this version. Higher quality would be a plus but I'm not even sure I'm seeing it. I have the MP4 setting as default and it did looks a tiny bit better than the H.263 setting but nothing to bowl me over. I did notice that you can play in landscape if you start the app in landscape.
    CrackBerry Master

man kevins article got me excited when he said u can stream mp4 instead of 3gp and that it was a step towards iphone quality. seems it still sucks

booo hooo youtube/apple partnership
    so i propose this.... if you ever find yourself wanting to say "go buy an iphone", first think, "can i make an iphone work on verizons network for this person?" if the answer is no, shut your fraking mouth.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    PM or email first

As I posted in another thread....tried it/deleted. Meh.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    346 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ltrtiger View Post
    As I posted in another thread....tried it/deleted. Meh.
    Yep me too. Not only was it less polished I also found it slow.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    PIN
    Stripes are Rad

also tried it and deleted it. not impresssed.

DoNotWant
    This is my signature.
    CrackBerry User

Vision is currently optimized for non-storm devices until we can get the major defects resolved. The official YouTube app does not support all the devices Vision does. Also, we are fully aware that the video content YouTube provides to mobile devices by default is less than par (excluding the iPhone), and *at this moment* there is no substitute. Lets not forget that this is a free application in beta.

If you are having difficulties using Vision, please first browse our FAQ page:
    FAQ - Vision for YouTube - Metova, Inc.

If there is any defect you encounter please use the "Submit Feedback" menu item from within the application. I believe in the current version it is in the menu on the 'About' screen, however it will be available on all screens in the next release. This option will send us an error log that will better help diagnose the issue.
    Last edited by martin.reed; 05-28-2009 at 09:58 AM.
    Martin M Reed | Metova
    www.metova.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast