CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Turn Storm into small scale?

Could it be done? Could we use the storm as a weight scale to measure grams and that? does the button under the screen measure pressure? I personally have no idea but maybe someone who does could post if it's possible.

Note: It's an app the Iphone would never get.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    483 Global Posts

Not possible. Button is just a contact-type switch. Only state is on or off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Lol I asked a long time ago and I don't thi k its possable. Most just called me a pothead lmao

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

There is a way to do it, it requires the accellerometer and balancing the phone on your index finger. (same method as the iphone scale app) - however to my knowledge no one has made it yet, though there has been a balance app made that uses the accellerometer so its 1 step closer.
    CrackBerry Addict

dude, you're gonna get your weed stuck in the cracks around the screen. Just stick with the triple
    Oh my god, it works.... like its suppose to!!!
    Is it suppose to do THAT?!?!?!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,388 Global Posts

This would be a pretty good idea, I would love this.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Available upon request

Quote Originally Posted by sinfuldragon View Post
    dude, you're gonna get your weed stuck in the cracks around the screen. Just stick with the triple
    +1
    Either weed or coke, either way that shot is never coming out from the corners of your screen and they are def going to void your warranty when they see that in there at vzw.
    Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/_jrk
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    A COLADAS! (Preceded by the phrase "Give me TWO") :)

Default ?

Yeah my title is still a n00b but i have lingered excessively around the site for a long time, and in that time i came across the storm 2 discussion and CIVIC was being awesome and sharing her research she did on the subject and came across the fact that the storm screen itself was made by SYNAPTICS, the company that makes the touchpads for pretty much all laptops(its a great thread i recommend reading it because CIVIC really did her homework on the idea.) and that being so, i believe the screens can sense pressure just like the touchpads on computers. (please correct me if i misread that thread by the way!!!) so while they couldnt be extremely accurate or sensitive for very small measurements, isn't it plausible some sort of application could somehow be conjured?

***EDIT*** I mean't in the discussion i was reading that both the storm devices shared similar synaptics touch hardware/software!** someone correct me if i read wrong?
    Last edited by Wheelman74; 05-26-2009 at 10:45 PM.
    Noetic Sciences. Read, and be Enlightened...
    http://www.noetic.org/

"The Human mind possesses a plethora of truly amazing abilities, and the human population as a whole utilizes an astonishingly low percentage of its true capabilities...except, of course, for those few ENLIGHTENED individuals."

(4.7::.65>.75>.113>.132>.141>.148>.151>.167>proces s terminated.)
    (5.0::.191>.230>.323>.328>.419>awaiting response...)
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,388 Global Posts

Even if it is a stupid app (which to me it really isnt) why cant someone just at least try to make it, there are a ton of useless apps out there and everyone loves them.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by CB.Mike-D View Post
    Even if it is a stupid app (which to me it really isnt) why cant someone just at least try to make it, there are a ton of useless apps out there and everyone loves them.
    I don't think it's stupid either, crack dealers would love this and aside from that it would be more usefull than alot of other apps.
    CrackBerry Addict

"This is one of cases in which the imagination is baffled by the facts" ...
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Along with the scale, can you add in functionality so it is a barometer and a meat thermometer?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,199 Global Posts

I played around with this idea and think I actually made one. I then did the ultimate test, stood on my storm and the entire phone broke. Needless to say I have abandoned the scale idea....
    OS 5.0.0..320

"A VZW REP TOLD ME SOMETHING"...
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by Brockmant View Post
    I played around with this idea and think I actually made one. I then did the ultimate test, stood on my storm and the entire phone broke. Needless to say I have abandoned the scale idea....
    You must be a ballet dancer or something to balance yourself on that small screen. Actually I meant an app that would eliminate having to carry around a small digital scale and those I think only wiegh up to 120 grams only, so maybe take that into consideration before developing and testing . it really would be a good app that people would buy if it's even possible.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    PIN
    Cushion

Phelps has one.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,697 Global Posts
    PIN
    30FC76A6

Quote Originally Posted by jason.klein View Post
    +1
    Either weed or coke, either way that shot is never coming out from the corners of your screen and they are def going to void your warranty when they see that in there at vzw.
    Are you saying that "dust" under people keep getting under their screen isn't actually dust?!

"My phone cost $200, but it has a street value of $35,000!"
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    PIN
    LPJM049H LiveProfile

i really doubt that it would be accurate to the 0.1 level that most decent scales are
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    304F647C

Quote Originally Posted by RickyRoss10 View Post
    Are you saying that "dust" under people keep getting under their screen isn't actually dust?!

"My phone cost $200, but it has a street value of $35,000!"
    This made me lol at work.

Honestly it would be awesome to have this app, but no one is going to take the time coding it, especially since the measurement levels are so small. Like what happens when random crap gets on your screen or something. Scales have covers for them and are only used for one thing so you can keep them clean (or so i've um.... heard).
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: Turn Storm into small scale?

This is a great idea!! And it doesn't have to be used for drugs. I want it so I could weigh mail. Then for smaller envelopes or items I sell on eBay I wouldn't have to take to Post Office to double check to be sure I pay enough for postage.
    But to each their own, I don't care what you do with your scale...lol! I think it's a great idea and would come in handy.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,131 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

Default Re: Turn Storm into small scale?

Holy dead thread revival batman.
    Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.