Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Powdah View Post
    Skysoft has updated there app. They also have a 5 day trial. So far, it seems like a good flexible program, if not a bit on the spendy side. However it is more of a data base program than a dedicated time management program therefore justifying its cost.
    I have had problems with it working on Storm. A beta they sent me last weekend did not work with all types of fields. They suggested I try one of the beta OS versions out there and then the whole app expired.

I must say that the product looks promising, but I have enough technical fights to pick and need the core function of the phone and Verizon tethering to be rock solid so that will limit the risks and time I take with some apps.

The lack of Storm compatibility with apps is frustrating. OTOH I am at a point where I really like the large screen and can type fast with SureType so I'm not sure I want to return my Storm either.

Thanks for the update.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by marchetti54 View Post
    I just made an excel sheet for my wife to keep track of millage and hours for her work. sent it to her phone. She edits the sheets in sheets-to-go. She is able to input all the info and it calculates everything for her with using the formulas in excel. pretty easy that way, then again I don't know how much info other people are entering. And the best part it was free.
    Is that the DataViz suite? That is not free, but you did get me wondering if my Palm serial # qualifies for a Blackberry upgrade?

1-2 of the spread sheet apps I've seen are or were not Storm-compatible.

Thanks.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by imwjl View Post
    Is that the DataViz suite? That is not free, but you did get me wondering if my Palm serial # qualifies for a Blackberry upgrade?

1-2 of the spread sheet apps I've seen are or were not Storm-compatible.

Thanks.
    No i don't know what Dataviz is, make a excel sheet on you computer. send it to you phone as an email. open attachment and save it to sheets to go that is on your storm. when you want to change something go into sheets to go and change it. you cannot create a new sheet on sheets to go unless you upgrade, but you can send yourself an excel or word file and edit it for free. I can send you a copy of the file that I made and you can see what I mean. just give you email address.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by marchetti54 View Post
    No i don't know what Dataviz is, make a excel sheet on you computer. send it to you phone as an email. open attachment and save it to sheets to go that is on your storm. when you want to change something go into sheets to go and change it. you cannot create a new sheet on sheets to go unless you upgrade, but you can send yourself an excel or word file and edit it for free. I can send you a copy of the file that I made and you can see what I mean. just give you email address.
    DataViz publishes Documents To Go. Thus, wondering about your saying sheets to go. My phone has a read only version of that software.

Thanks.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    PIN
    Just PM Me

DataViz publishes Documents To Go. Thus, wondering about your saying sheets to go. My phone has a read only version of that software.
    Check again. The Storm version will not allow you to create a spreadsheet on the device unless you upgrade to the premium edition, but does allow edits and saves. IIRC it needs to be an Excel 2003 format file, so SaveAs before emailing it to yourself.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Smile Billablegoal Demo location

Hey guys I'm actually a developer that worked on BillableGoal. I played around with it in the Storm simulator last night and was pretty impressed. I wanted to let you guys know that a demo is available on my website which has the same name as my application followed by a com (sorry I can't post links yet so you'll have type instead of copy).

After reading the board the big thing it seems to be missing is an odometer tracker? can you guys take a look and give me your feedback? Do you see anything else that would really help you out.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by akutner View Post
    After reading the board the big thing it seems to be missing is an odometer tracker? can you guys take a look and give me your feedback? Do you see anything else that would really help you out.
    An export to QuickBooks would be awesome. I am guessing there are more than a few people who use QuickBooks and have a Blackberry.

Thanks for you ear.
    CrackBerry User

Default Time tracker specs

Quote Originally Posted by SirGatez View Post
    Would somebody post some specs on what they are looking for in a time tracking app I could probably write one that works as desired.
    Here's what I'd pay for:

I pre-enter a list of my clients (but can add on the fly)

I select client from drop-down, and can then choose from another drop-down Site Visit, Phone Call, Email, Remote Support.
    I can then enter a time (use drop-down to select) or hit a Start button (be nice if there was another drop-down to add 5,10,20,25,30 mins for if I forget to start the timer when I arrive)
    The timer runs until I hit Stop, and whilst it's running or afterward I can enter a description and parking fee, then hit Save. Obviously, it records start date & time & duration with the record.

I should be able to edit entries, and email myself a text file with them (maybe auto email at midnight?) then purge all entries.

Additionally, it'd be great if it could import a text file for the client list, but that's certainly not a requirement.

I use a BB Storm, so big buttons would be a plus!

For me this app would pay for itself with the first few phone calls I remember to bill. I'd also be happy to give some testing time.

If you want to get REALLY fancy, link it with the GPS so it knows which client site I'm at and how long I'm there
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Absence

I have to apologize for my absence since my last post. I have had alot of things suddenly change around me, almost all for the better. Most recently a promotion so I am very happy about that. I am going to redirect some of my time back to this project and hopefully have something worthy of testing in the next few weeks
    CrackBerry Newbie

Smile

Hi!
    Did you take a look at timr.com? There is a web part and a native blackberry client. Start/stop button and position tracking is included. I registered as a beta user just a few days ago so I don't used it very much during weekend. But I think this could be the piece of software I was looking for.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by SirGatez View Post
    The general feature set I'm planning for is:
    1. Simple In/Out punching from main screen
    2. Automatically calculating total time per task
    3. Entry for odometer reading on in and out
    4. Automatically fill in odometer entry with last odometer entry
    5. Assign client and job code to each task
    6. Track multiple simultaneous active tasks and select which gets a punch
    7. Save data in persistent store or SD card and export custom reports to SD
    8. Select client or job code from user defined list or add on the fly

Did I miss anything important?
    Maybe logging of client phone calls to clients account? I.e.: tech support

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I would like to see this too. Here is what I would find useful.
    1. Simple In/Out punching from main screen (multiple punch times per day)
    2. Automatically calculating total time per day, week, month, year
    3. Be able to save and search
    4. Display in a calendar format similar to (or integrate with BB calendar), day, week, month view.

I just need to keep track of my hours worked (I'm an hourly employee).
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Never use 'em-keep sticking myself

When I had my (gasp) Treo I used a program from TealPoint software called Teal Tracker that I really liked the features of. Only for Palm and WinMo though, but I would love to see something along that line for BB. In the meantime I am useing BillableGoal and while fairly basic at this point it has nice integration with email/phone logging and the developer is working to improve on it and is very quick to respond!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

I didn't see anyone mention Exgis time and expense tracking. I couldn't imagine living without it! you can buy stand alones on the BB apps store, but I upgraded through their site so I could integrate with Quick Books.
    CrackBerry User

One thing I will add to this....if you want to get serious about this you would make an export to Timeslips. As an IT consultant I use it as do MANY consultants. I also have a large base of lawyer clients that ALL have Blackberry's and they ALL use Timeslips. It is the premier time tracking software in the industry.

If you made the right app and had an export to Timeslips, you would really have a money maker. All the things theroothers have said here are great I agree...keep it simple, large buttons, think easy. The last thing you want to do while on the run from client to client is have to sit there and fiddle with too many details. Let me kow when its ready. I'd be the first customer and willing to pay more than a few dollars, like the rest of these crappy apps out there.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Proxis View Post
    One thing I will add to this....if you want to get serious about this you would make an export to Timeslips. As an IT consultant I use it as do MANY consultants. I also have a large base of lawyer clients that ALL have Blackberry's and they ALL use Timeslips. It is the premier time tracking software in the industry.

If you made the right app and had an export to Timeslips, you would really have a money maker. All the things theroothers have said here are great I agree...keep it simple, large buttons, think easy. The last thing you want to do while on the run from client to client is have to sit there and fiddle with too many details. Let me kow when its ready. I'd be the first customer and willing to pay more than a few dollars, like the rest of these crappy apps out there.
    QuickBooks even more than Timeslips as far as market opportunity. There are nice thing about this app (BillableGoal) but wow did it ___ me off to have all my customer data wiped out with an upgrade. Mr. Kutner said that would be fixed in coming versions.

I've told a few developers that I was very happy paying many times what they are charging for the Palm app I used for years because it had a desktop counter part and was fast, flexible and easy to use.

If you look at QuickBooks market share and if I think of how my customers have paid thousand of $ for QuickBooks add ons and related it would seem like smart business to have a QuickBooks hand held client to enter data.

Anyway I look forward to and sure hope these Blackberry apps come along.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

I agree on the QuickBooks idea. I have wasted so much time and money trying to find something that is simple and works. Most of the ones I have found seem to be geared towards very large companies. As a 1 man band, I don't need all those features or price. I just need a very simple way to capture time and send it to QuickBooks. I don't need projects management of any kind.

One thing I have not seen mentioned in any of the products I've tried is the client list. Why do I have to create a new list of clients? Why doesn't the program leach off of the address book in my Blackberry? Those are my clients, well yeah, not everyone in my addr book is a client but everyone that is a client is in my addr book! Why make me create new lists and waste memory on the device?

My desires are similar:
    1. Client list be the addr book
    2. List of rates to charge client (can do without)
    3. Timer
    4. Mileage would be nice but not required
    5. Place to type a brief description of work performed
    6. Tie into QuickBooks
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by edisoninfo View Post
    I agree on the QuickBooks idea. I have wasted so much time and money trying to find something that is simple and works. Most of the ones I have found seem to be geared towards very large companies. As a 1 man band, I don't need all those features or price. I just need a very simple way to capture time and send it to QuickBooks. I don't need projects management of any kind.

One thing I have not seen mentioned in any of the products I've tried is the client list. Why do I have to create a new list of clients? Why doesn't the program leach off of the address book in my Blackberry? Those are my clients, well yeah, not everyone in my addr book is a client but everyone that is a client is in my addr book! Why make me create new lists and waste memory on the device?

My desires are similar:
    1. Client list be the addr book
    2. List of rates to charge client (can do without)
    3. Timer
    4. Mileage would be nice but not required
    5. Place to type a brief description of work performed
    6. Tie into QuickBooks
    FWIW: I am using Billable Goal after trying several. An upgrade due this month sounded like it would be a little better. It's not ideal but the out put is simple as far as sorting what I'll copy to a spreadsheet or QuickBooks.

I'm finding some other small business owners who are not using a smart phone and just carrying a laptop for QuickBooks entry now that they are cheap and wireless is common. Two say something as good as what they used to use with Palm would have them with a Blackberry or iPhone in a moment. Thus, it remains a bit of a mystery that there are not more solutions or better solutions.

It has been a month+ since I looked so maybe I should search for better solutions again.

Thanks.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default timr for blackberry

I can't understand the problem with time tracking for blackberry. I've found the perfect mobile time tracking solution for me already 6 months ago. It's called timr, completely mobile, easy to use and you can find it on the AppWorld - just search for timr. you can also check it timr.com
    greetz
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Time tracker software

I have been using time tracker software for past couple of years. I haven't faced any problem yet. I had great experience with it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

To this, I would mention about Replicon's time tracking software that I had been using and amazingly it has been a quite effective and hassle free cloud based application that can be accessed from anywhere.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12