Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default New Application: StormLock

Hello all,

I am happy to announce a new application for the BlackBerry Storm which will automatically lock the touch screen while a call is active.

Primary features include:
    * Automatically disables touchscreen while on a call, and re-enables after all calls have ended
    * Ability to disable StormLock quickly and easily by pressing the Return (arrow) hard key
    * Ability to reactive StormLock again via the Phone menu
    * Clean, crisp interface blends in with natural BlackBerry look and allows visibility of the native phone screen
    * Less than 10k in size and extremely battery efficient

Available NOW for only $2.95 only at StormLock.com!

Enjoy.

-Zaventh
    Last edited by zaventh; 01-14-2009 at 12:05 PM.

Steelthorn.com
    Unleash your BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,148 Global Posts

You've got a couple of typos on the site Just trying to help out.

Particularly:

just press the Menu button are you're free to roam about with your face again.
    I also think you mean Back button there.

And also

StormLock appears to natural and fresh
    Nice looking product though. I don't have problems hitting the screen with my face, otherwise I'd definitely be interested.

Cheers!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    906 Global Posts

I can tell you after testing this app the last couple days it does exactly what it is supposed to and looks very clean.

Z I'll be waiting on the update that includes the EMP to destroy iPhones! Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

id also blank out your phone number. good luck on the sales
    CrackBerry Master

hows the memory? any leaking? I have the other calllock app but I think its sucking up a lot of memory
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    PIN
    HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by imann101 View Post
    hows the memory? any leaking? I have the other calllock app but I think its sucking up a lot of memory
    No mem leak with StormLock, been running it for over 24hrs so far and all is good.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

SWEET! Thanks!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    PIN
    30FEADB5

Any problems with it for people running OS .85 that anyone knows of? I am interested in getting this. I hate blue tooth. And I constantly hold the phone with my shoulder and push the mute button. Then wind up talking to myself for a few min before I figure out they arent hearing me.
    CrackBerry User

Other than the style of the interface, is there any reason to purchase this instead of using talklock which is free?
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Big whoop wanna fight about it?

Quote Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
    Other than the style of the interface, is there any reason to purchase this instead of using talklock which is free?
    Talk lock is great and all but the program has a SERIOUS memory leak issues. Slowed my phone to a crawl
    Device: 9650
    I admit I am an addict...but I don't have a problem!
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have a question: what happens when you need to re-download it OTA (after a wipe) ? or if you get a replacement Storm?
    Current BB: BB 9860
    Previous BBs: BB 9800, BB 9530, BB 8330, BB 8130, BB 7130, BB 7250
    CrackBerry Newbie

I am using TalkLock on my storm now without noticing any significant slow down on my storm but I really like that you can to see all the call info and have the ablilty to re-lock the screen with StormLock.
    Also, I like the price point, much more reasonable that many other simple utility applications for the BB (VibandRing, I don't understand why anyone would pay 8 dollars for that, it's ridiculous).
    Definitely going to give this app some thought.
    CrackBerry User

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Ability to reactive StormLock again via the Phone menu"

keep up
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,610 Global Posts
    PIN
    304BE829

are u all working to get autostandby for the storm?
    ..................Motorola Droid 2.0 no Bis problems here........
    http://twitter.com/moosc
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by jon341427 View Post
    id also blank out your phone number. good luck on the sales
    Looks like a dummy number from the Storm simulator
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    583 Global Posts

I downloaded 1.0.4 last night before the official announcement in the other thread. Is this the latest build?

Great work btw.
    CrackBerry User

Just downloaded. Soo amazing!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    30481E48

I'm not seeing the difference between this program and talklock other than price. I have not noticed any memory leak with talklock, compared to when I remove the program. Also I can relock the screen in talklock as well.

Don't get me wrong it looks like a clean program. just curious as to why this one is better or are they equal?

Maybe I jut need the high-pressure sales pitch. I haven't had one of those in a while
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Awesome program, no issues here on .85. I hope they sell a ton, small, clean, looks like oem software, something so simple that rim should have included, or at least thought of, i mean all the testing and not one person @ rim had to pick something up or do something else while on a call??? come on..
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by podawk View Post
    I'm not seeing the difference between this program and talklock other than price. I have not noticed any memory leak with talklock, compared to when I remove the program. Also I can relock the screen in talklock as well.

Don't get me wrong it looks like a clean program. just curious as to why this one is better or are they equal?

Maybe I jut need the high-pressure sales pitch. I haven't had one of those in a while
    You can re-lock stormlock with the blackberry button.. not sure one is better than the other, maybe personal preference? i hated that ugly talklock screen that, it looked 3rd party, not my style, but others may enjoy it
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by dditzel72 View Post
    You can re-lock stormlock with the blackberry button.. not sure one is better than the other, maybe personal preference? i hated that ugly talklock screen that, it looked 3rd party, not my style, but others may enjoy it
    The author did make it so you could customise it.
    CrackBerry Master

When can I test this? This seems cool.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by msgreenf View Post
    When can I test this? This seems cool.
    I think the testing is done. It is officically released now. I purchased it today for a great price of $1.95 and my co-worker installed TalkLock today. StormLock looks like it is part of the OS and has always been a feature. Much preferred.......
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,309 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by podawk View Post

I think $2 is definitely worth it for a program that looks cleaner than TalkLock (looks like an OEM prompt instead of some gaudy wallpaper), utilizes one button instead of faulty slider, lets you see the screen (such as to view talk time), and appears to take up less RAM than TalkLock.

You can also relock the phone using this program.

Global Posts
    32,969 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

I have not had a major issue with the face pressing (thin cheeks maybe ), BUT I can sure see the usefulness of this program. Seems well worth 2 bucks.
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast