CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Help with storm slider!

I just got my storm a few days ago, and the first problem that I've had has been with storm slider! I downloaded it off their page with my phone, but it doesn't appear to be working! I had talk lock before but I decided to switch to this one to try it out. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    You really want to know?

What's the problem? Can't really help if you don't explain!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,399 Global Posts
    PIN
    Do Droids have PIN's?

Quote Originally Posted by eggie18 View Post
    I just got my storm a few days ago, and the first problem that I've had has been with storm slider! I downloaded it off their page with my phone, but it doesn't appear to be working! I had talk lock before but I decided to switch to this one to try it out. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!
    When you say it doesnt appear to be working do you mean it didnt download to your phone? Or that it did download and it doesnt do what you thought it should do? As the post above me asked more info for help and a better description of the issue.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

oh ok sorry...when I download it, it's downloaded successfully but then it never appears again. For example, when I lock my phone nothing happens, and when I'm in a call nothing happens. Maybe I'm not clear on what the app is supposed to do? It does appear in my application list however. When I downloaded talklock it automatically set itself up to when I'm in a call it appears, so that's why I'm confused if I'm supposed to activate the storm slider or something. Sorry I know this is confusing!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,399 Global Posts
    PIN
    Do Droids have PIN's?

Go to your applications folder and click the icon. Maybe you have to set it up. Not all programs are automatic. Once you click it it will ask if you need to activate it and you should have received a code in an email otherwise it would just load after clicking.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,399 Global Posts
    PIN
    Do Droids have PIN's?

Where did you get storm slider at anyway? From the app store or is it apart of a theme?
    CrackBerry Abuser

If you are talking about dmglakewood's StormSlider, it is not the right app to lock during calls. For that, you are looking for StormLock for $2.95 or ScreenLock for free.

StormSlider is just a fun app to let you seemingly lock your phone. However, if dmg's directions are read clearly, the app does not lock out any hard buttons and can only be activated by clicking the app icon or putting the icon on a convenience key.

I hope this helps.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    K is what im rockin on my LED: 322E2063

What stormslider does is lock the phone kinda like the normal lock button. its much faster but it cannot overide the 2 hardbuttons. If you set the app to a convienience key on the left or right side of the phone you can activate it during a call. it will not activate itself unlike talklock. so you have to either assign it to a key and press it while on the phone or download talklock or screenlock or stormlock (they all do the same thing)

So there are your options. hope it helps
    "That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
    2 Corinthians 12:10

Follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/Collin16 add me on BBM 322E2063 or email me Collin16@gmail.com for BlackBerry help and support. (I do not chat on BBM)
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashman03 View Post
    Go to your applications folder and click the icon. Maybe you have to set it up. Not all programs are automatic. Once you click it it will ask if you need to activate it and you should have received a code in an email otherwise it would just load after clicking.
    Is it just me or is everything with storm hit and miss and half arsed? I just bought this app and there is no app in the application folder. or the download folder.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by collin16 View Post
    What stormslider does is lock the phone kinda like the normal lock button. its much faster but it cannot overide the 2 hardbuttons. If you set the app to a convienience key on the left or right side of the phone you can activate it during a call. it will not activate itself unlike talklock. so you have to either assign it to a key and press it while on the phone or download talklock or screenlock or stormlock (they all do the same thing)

So there are your options. hope it helps
    Oh my. I read that it DID lock automatcially.

In fact it seems like you are making this up. Here from the applicaton page:

"When on the phone: If you have this option set to yes StormSlider will activate 3 seconds after your call has been connected. This is a great feature as you can no longer press buttons with your cheek."

StormSlider - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - BlackBerryApps Store
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,415 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by solumpki View Post
    The paid version of StormSlider is excellent, it's only a dollar if you use the code "1dollarslider" at checkout. Then if you have any problems or questions, first check out the FAQ thread created by DriftDevil here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/st...oblems-213254/

If the icon isn't appearing I guess that means you bought it? For the paid version there is no app icon, to get to the settings you just need to go to Options -> Storm Slider Options and you can set up the whole program from there.

Just know that when you hit the lock button it will lock the phone like normal, but after it dims when you bring it back up the slider will be activated. Kind of a hassle, but apparently there isn't a workaround.

If that doesn't answer your question and you are on the newest paid version, go to the main StormSlider thread and ask your question, the creator (dmglakewood) is great about responding to problems and updating his app to fix problems. That thread is here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ne...unlock-169483/
    well said lol
    5.0.0.320 > 5.0.0.428 > 5.0.0.451 > 5.0.0.497 > 5.0.0.509 > 5.0.0.517
    Have questions on StormSlider/BerrySlider? StormSlider FAQs/Problems
    Have questions on UltimateLock? Ultimate Lock FAQs
    Epic Apps Beta / Support Forums
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by collin16 View Post
    What stormslider does is lock the phone kinda like the normal lock button. its much faster but it cannot overide the 2 hardbuttons.
    The paid version of StormSlider locks out all the hard buttons. Also, there's no icon for StormSlider. You have to go to StormSlider Options under the options menu to set it up.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    K is what im rockin on my LED: 322E2063

Quote Originally Posted by rileyrg View Post
    Oh my. I read that it DID lock automatcially.

In fact it seems like you are making this up. Here from the applicaton page:

"When on the phone: If you have this option set to yes StormSlider will activate 3 seconds after your call has been connected. This is a great feature as you can no longer press buttons with your cheek."

StormSlider - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - BlackBerryApps Store
    Yes but I made that post before the updates came out. This is an old thread

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

stormgrounds.com.....click on the blackberry apps (top right hand corner) and you'll see the free storm slider app. I had no problems after downloading it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default stormslider

Why I can't to open main option in stormslider v5.5

Thanks