Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nepsrp
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    PIN
    HEAD
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Heart Rate Monitor?

One of my friends has a Heart Rate app on his iphone, I was wondering if anyone has plans for it on the Storm?
    CrackBerry Newbie

The iPhone doesn't connect directly to the heart rate monitor. As far as I could tell the iPhone uses wifi to connect to a third party device that connects to the heart rate monitors, and then transmits the data to the iPhone via the wifi connection. Since Blackberry Storm does not support wifi we won't be able to leverage the existing third party hardware. ...It would be pretty cool to have a bluetooth enabled heart rate monitor!
    CrackBerry Abuser

there is an option for Medtronics lifepack 12's for ems use that uses bluetooth to the electrodes to the patient...so there is hope
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by mindchatter View Post
    there is an option for Medtronics lifepack 12's for ems use that uses bluetooth to the electrodes to the patient...so there is hope
    The bluetooth medtronics uses sucks, I doubt that works. We are trying to transmit data from the medtronics monitors to a tablet computer and it is about 60% effective, we finally quit.

That said the new Phillips monitors are using a new and improved bluetooth that seems to have solved many of those issues, so yes there might be hope. I'm sure someone smarter can give a more technical description of the changes in bluetooth.
    CrackBerry Abuser

we still use wires ... lol
    CrackBerry Newbie

Smile working blackberry heart rate monitor prototype

I have developed a working HR monitor using a chest strap.

I am running the app and have tested it against my treadmill HR monitor.

It seems to work pretty well. I am adding features such as GPS, lactate threshold test, programmable workouts, etc

If anyone is interested in helping beta test, let me know. Hopefully it will be a product by sometime in the summer

Thanks
    John
    Last edited by nepsrp; 04-19-2010 at 07:41 PM.
    Just Me likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    PIN
    Um...Do I know you?

Nepsrp, what's the cost on that chest strap? Would love to see this app make it to market.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

The cost of the chest strap is $99
    I am looking for 3 beta testers. I could supply a free version of software with basic function (only a heart rate display) and it would write a file with the heart rate data. If the beta tester doesn't like the sw I could buy the heart rate monitor back.

For the beta tester all software would be free. I would add programmable workouts first, then either lactate threshold test and lastly GPS.

I imagine when everything is finished the total cost of the product would be around $200-$250 (much less than a $450 polar) + $80 for polar trainer 5 sw.

The beta tester would help define the features.

go to youtube and search for "blackberry heart rate monitor" to see a demo

attached is a demo. This is available for free if someone buys the chest strap. Future sw upgrades would be priced according to function. I estimate $10 for the minimum to $100 or more for GPS and laptop sw. Various versions would be available at different prices based on function. Prices are not set yet.
    Last edited by nepsrp; 04-23-2010 at 09:05 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I would like to test the heart rate monitor app. I am a runner and advocate for blackbery.
    Quote Originally Posted by nepsrp View Post
    I have developed a working HR monitor using a chest strap.

I am running the app and have tested it against my treadmill HR monitor.
    T
    It seems to work pretty well. I am adding features such as GPS, lactate threshold test, programmable workouts, etc

If anyone is interested in helping beta test, let me know. Hopefully it will be a product by sometime in the summer

Thanks
    John
    CrackBerry Newbie

Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor(HRM-2805)

Does anybody need Bluetooth heart rate monitor?
    A factory called KYTO in China has developed bluetooth item.You can contact amy at kytoelectronic.com. 3w.kytocn.com

1. Only: As far as we know, in China, KYTO electronic factory is the only factory which has developed and produced Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor.

2. Features: Bluetooth, 7days’ memory,USB2.0, Storing data, working under online or offline mode, Rechargeable battery, Bluetooth OPP and SPP protocol ,Indicator light.

3. Contents: The contents that Bluetooth heart rate belt can detect as following: equipment type, equipment ID, max. electric quantity, remain electric quantity, time, max. memory, remain memory, testing time, duration time, heart rate, ave. heart rate, max. heart rate, min. heart rate, calorie burned, testing precision.

4. Strong anti-jamming capability: One person’s heart rate to one bluetooth mobile phone or PC, many persons’ heart rate to one bluetooth mobile phone or PC, many persons’ heart rate to many bluetooth moblie phones or PCs

5.Online and Offline Modes: Bluetooth heart rate monitor can work under both modes.
    Online Mode: bluetooth heart rate belt keeps connecting with the bluetooth mobile phone or PC, and transmits data to mobile or PC in real time.

Offline Mode: It means when the heart rate belt doesn’t connect to bluetooth mobile phone or PC. It will collect a variety of heart rate& other data and save them automatically.

When you exercise outside, you don’t need to worry that you can’t track your workout. You just need to wear the chest strap and do exercise, the chest strap will store the data, and after workout, you can connect it with PDA, PC or other sports equipment to see your workout.

6.Rechargeable battery: The battery can be recharged and discharged repeatedly about 500 times.

7. Parameter :We can set all kinds of parameter of Bluetooth heart rate belt via mobile or PC. Including alarm condition(max. heart rate or other alarm conditions), heart rate transmitting frequency and others.
    You can set the heart rate transmitting frequency from 3s to 250s

8.Transmission mode of heart rate chest strap
    Communication with mobile and PC via Bluetooth OPP and SPP protocol.
    real-time collection of data passed to the mobile phone or PC;

9. Bluetooth indicator light
    Power: Green
    To be power off: Red
    Recharge (from power off to recharging completion) :Red to Green
    Bluetooth equipment or USB equipment is on connecting: Green light flashing quickly
    Bluetooth equipment or USB equipment is on communicating: Green light flashing slowly
    CrackBerry Newbie

KYTO electronic factory has succefully developed Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor.
    amy at kytoelectronic.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

USB 3D pedometer(PDM-2603)

KYTO electronic factory has developed USB 3D pedometer.
    amy at kytoelectronic.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor(HRM-2805)

KYTO electronic factory can provide bluetooth heart rate monitor at very competitive price USD45/pc.

If anybody need the bluetooth heart rate monitor,please contact : amy at kytoelectronic.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thumbs up Chest strap

Quote Originally Posted by Keegen View Post
    Nepsrp, what's the cost on that chest strap? Would love to see this app make it to market.

KYTO electronic factory in China produces Bluetooth Heart Rate Chest Belt.

The price is USD45/pc. KYTO factory also can provide normal chest belt which is just several dollors.

If interested in them,please contact: amy at kytoelectronic.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

I would love to Beta your App. Let me know if you still need Beta users.

I am familiar with the Zephyr bioharness.

BTW the youtube video does not seem to have audio.

Thanks
    Ronda
    Last edited by ohmalone; 04-27-2010 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Add more.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default BB hrm

Sorry we currently have met the quota for beta testers. Will post more within the next few weeks regarding status of the product and roll out.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default latest update

My company has basically merged with another one. Hopefully this will provide a better product. I won't really have time to monitor this board (too busy writing code), but if any one is interested in the product release, then email

heartratemon at hotmail.com or get my email from this website

We will send you an email when the product is available. A very
    limited demo sw will be available free.

I also won't likely have time to get private messages on this board.
    As mentioned before we have met our beta tester/user quota.

Thank you.
    CrackBerry Newbie

very limited beta release available

vytalyze technologies inc

see www . vytalyzetech . com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Blackberry Heart Monitor

check out Endomondo for heart monitor integration with Blackberry or google blackberry heart monitor