Blackberry Terminal for Credit Cards?
11-16-12 05:21 PM
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com05-13-09 05:01 PM
It's no worse than paying for a meal by letting a waiter/waitress take your credit card in the back of the restaurant to run it.
Unfortunately paying with plastic these days is a leap of faith no matter how you do it.05-13-09 05:32 PM
- Thats all true. Its a great idea to be able to do that if you have a small business. But i have found apps that let you get into peoples phone via blue tooth with out having them accept you. What if you loose you phone is my info safe on it? Security is the only thing i dont like about this. Its still too easy to get info off of peoples phones.05-13-09 05:55 PM
- 05-13-09 06:10 PM
- Thats all true. Its a great idea to be able to do that if you have a small business. But i have found apps that let you get into peoples phone via blue tooth with out having them accept you. What if you loose you phone is my info safe on it? Security is the only thing i dont like about this. Its still too easy to get info off of peoples phones.
The terminal is just a gateway to get credit card info to one of these service providers.
Again, there is always an inherent risk with using credit/debit cards because even these 3rd party companies get hacked. (google 'CAMS alert')05-13-09 06:22 PM
- There are a couple of options for this- although none are as cool as the iphone appears to be. And I say "appears" because I haven't tried it and can't attest to how fluid or simple it is to navigate. Having said that, here are my thoughs
1. You can do it via bell mobile in canada, but it is not availble for verizon.
MobileSyrup.com - Canadian Mobile News & Reviews - Cell phones and Accessories
2. You can set up paypal button on a website you create and just navigate to it via the web browser and input the info as long as you have internet signal.
3. And this one may actually be really cool. MasterCard participating bank customers will be able to offer Mobile MasterCard MoneySend(TM) P2P payments to their customers- however it won't be out until later this month.
MasterCard Mobile MoneySend(TM) Platform Set To Go Live05-13-09 06:48 PM
- I bet if you put a phone call into verizon about it they would have a mobile platform just for credit cards. I would also be willing to bet that you will pay a pretty penny for the service as well. Personally I use the paypal option as it works very well for my select customers that prefer to pay with a credit card.05-13-09 08:48 PM
- You actually get charged a larger amount for a manual transaction versus a swiped card. Although it is usually not much, if you did a lot of these transactions you'd be better using another platform to process credit cards.
You could get set up w/ a credit card processor such as Mercury Payment Systems, that has a simple interface that you can run from a laptop and actually get a MSR card reader.05-13-09 08:57 PM
- CHARGE Anywhere Direct sells completely secure solutions to this. All of their software is completely PA DSS Certified and they have won Awards for their great security on the application.
i cant post links here yet. but i would check them out.
you can also use your current merchant account, so there are no need to switch processors06-24-09 02:01 PM
- MerchantWARE Mobile Virtual Credit Card Terminal | CrackBerry.com
here is a link to the actual card reader
MagneSafe BT90 Bluetooth Wireless Card Reader - Merchant Warehouse
Last edited by robrowald; 06-24-09 at 04:11 PM.06-24-09 04:02 PM
- Yes we all saw the iPhone commercial with the credit card app.
There is a BB credit card App by ChargeBerry that is compatible with Authorize.net & PayPal Payflow Pro payment gateways. It works on Curve 8900, Bold, Storm & Tour. It requires no reader, no swipes, no cables. Hope this helps : )10-08-09 12:06 AM
- BlackCard is cheaper and has a cleaner interface
BlackBerry App World - BlackCard Mobile Credit Card Terminal
$9.99 - no fees.
Last edited by jlevi; 11-16-09 at 05:18 PM.11-16-09 05:15 PM
- Do those apps need NFC to operate? You might be better off reviewing the software for requirements or asking the developers. Also you responded initially (06-10-2012, 09:06 AM) in a thread that had last activity on 12-22-2009, 06:47 PM. Do you think any of the original thread participants would be around to see it?11-16-12 05:21 PM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More BlackBerry Phones
- BlackBerry Storm
- Storm 3rd Party Apps
Blackberry Terminal for Credit Cards?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD