Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    3048361D
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry Terminal for Credit Cards?

So im pretty sure everyone has seen the Iphone commercial, allowing you to run Credit Cards over your phone and ship packages out.
    Now my question is does anyone know of any word of this coming to blackberry?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,803 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's that?

Haven't seen it, but that's something I could use!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

Default Merchant Credit Card app

I'm pretty sure I saw an app for this at App World. You must have a merchant account with mobile capability I'm sure
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    968 Global Posts

If i was buying anything and sombody pulled out there phone to charge me. I would say no thank you and walk out. We see how secure phones are and now you want to run my credit card through it?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,199 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PensHockey View Post
    If i was buying anything and sombody pulled out there phone to charge me. I would say no thank you and walk out. We see how secure phones are and now you want to run my credit card through it?
    I think it would be great for someone who runs a small business. For exampl my cousin is a photographer. Let's say he does a wedding and they pay him as he drops off the pictures. It would be great for him to ring them up on his cell phone as he is exchanging pictures.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Isn't this the same as giving your Credit Card info over the phone or online?

It's no worse than paying for a meal by letting a waiter/waitress take your credit card in the back of the restaurant to run it.

Unfortunately paying with plastic these days is a leap of faith no matter how you do it.
    - J.R.M.

"Baby, You Got a Stew Goin'!"
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    968 Global Posts

Thats all true. Its a great idea to be able to do that if you have a small business. But i have found apps that let you get into peoples phone via blue tooth with out having them accept you. What if you loose you phone is my info safe on it? Security is the only thing i dont like about this. Its still too easy to get info off of peoples phones.
    CrackBerry Abuser

IIRC the blackberry is one of the most secure phones you can buy...even our pres is using a modified one.
    CrackBerry User

Thats all true. Its a great idea to be able to do that if you have a small business. But i have found apps that let you get into peoples phone via blue tooth with out having them accept you. What if you loose you phone is my info safe on it? Security is the only thing i dont like about this. Its still too easy to get info off of peoples phones.
    I would imagine that the info is not stored on your phone; usually the info on credit card terminals is processed by 3rd party companies that provide merchant services for multiple clients.

The terminal is just a gateway to get credit card info to one of these service providers.

Again, there is always an inherent risk with using credit/debit cards because even these 3rd party companies get hacked. (google 'CAMS alert')
    - J.R.M.

"Baby, You Got a Stew Goin'!"
    CrackBerry User

There are a couple of options for this- although none are as cool as the iphone appears to be. And I say "appears" because I haven't tried it and can't attest to how fluid or simple it is to navigate. Having said that, here are my thoughs

1. You can do it via bell mobile in canada, but it is not availble for verizon.

MobileSyrup.com - Canadian Mobile News & Reviews - Cell phones and Accessories

2. You can set up paypal button on a website you create and just navigate to it via the web browser and input the info as long as you have internet signal.

3. And this one may actually be really cool. MasterCard participating bank customers will be able to offer Mobile MasterCard MoneySend(TM) P2P payments to their customers- however it won't be out until later this month.

MasterCard Mobile MoneySend(TM) Platform Set To Go Live
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    30FFB6EA

I bet if you put a phone call into verizon about it they would have a mobile platform just for credit cards. I would also be willing to bet that you will pay a pretty penny for the service as well. Personally I use the paypal option as it works very well for my select customers that prefer to pay with a credit card.
    They wont let me put what I want in here so "Support our troops and the h3ll with the press"
    CrackBerry Newbie

You actually get charged a larger amount for a manual transaction versus a swiped card. Although it is usually not much, if you did a lot of these transactions you'd be better using another platform to process credit cards.

You could get set up w/ a credit card processor such as Mercury Payment Systems, that has a simple interface that you can run from a laptop and actually get a MSR card reader.
    CrackBerry Newbie

CHARGE Anywhere Direct sells completely secure solutions to this. All of their software is completely PA DSS Certified and they have won Awards for their great security on the application.

www(dot)chargeanywheredirect(dot)com

i cant post links here yet. but i would check them out.

you can also use your current merchant account, so there are no need to switch processors
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    PIN
    @robrowald on twitter
    Last edited by robrowald; 06-24-2009 at 04:11 PM.
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Follow me on Twitter
    CrackBerry Newbie

Yes we all saw the iPhone commercial with the credit card app.
    There is a BB credit card App by ChargeBerry that is compatible with Authorize.net & PayPal Payflow Pro payment gateways. It works on Curve 8900, Bold, Storm & Tour. It requires no reader, no swipes, no cables. Hope this helps : )
    CrackBerry User

BlackCard is cheaper and has a cleaner interface
    BlackBerry App World - BlackCard Mobile Credit Card Terminal

$9.99 - no fees.
    Last edited by jlevi; 11-16-2009 at 05:18 PM.
    CrackBerry User

I use BlackCard for when i sell my jerseys it works like a charm
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by jmjabberjaw View Post
    Nice. Put up a review on App World so other people know
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Blackberry credit card processing app

which is better/easier for processing credit cards with my blackberry, blackcharge or chargeberry?

Global Posts
    32,743 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

Moving to 3rd Party Apps
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by jmjabberjaw View Post
    Have yo upgraded to the new version, BlackCharge? It supports NMI now, too
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

I can't find any app to accept CC on my BB 9810.
    Harold C.
    St. Peters, Mo 63376
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

I had a 9900 phone, and was able to accept CC. but when I upgraded to a 9810 that phone there is no software for it that works. Does this Blackcard or Chargeberry work on a 9810?
    Harold C.
    St. Peters, Mo 63376
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,547 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

Do those apps need NFC to operate? You might be better off reviewing the software for requirements or asking the developers. Also you responded initially (06-10-2012, 09:06 AM) in a thread that had last activity on 12-22-2009, 06:47 PM. Do you think any of the original thread participants would be around to see it?
    Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.