Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 82
  1. Audizine's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    659 Posts
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Bing?

    I just reset my phone after updating StormSlider...
    And got a new icon.. Verizon pushing out Bing to our phones?
    did anybody else get this?
    OS: 5.0.0.428 "Asian Hybrid" by blkghost!!!!
  2. Audizine's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    659 Posts
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

    Default

    just noticed.. they are also pushing V Cast Video...
    OS: 5.0.0.428 "Asian Hybrid" by blkghost!!!!
  3. motiond's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    254 Posts
    PIN
    Whats a PIN? :D
    #3  

    Default

    Yep just got them too! Dang it big V!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  4. Stormpwnsiphone's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    49 Posts
    PIN
    30687A2D
    #4  

    Default

    so i guess i won't be re startin my phone anytime soon....i have v cast music but the icon is hidden
    .328 is kick fuggin ace!!!
  5. pkcable's Avatar


    Posts
    27,145 Posts
    Global Posts
    30,810 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!
    #5  

    Default

    It's not the app itself, just a link to the app download, you can hide it if not interested.


    Vcast video is pretty cool thou, but a bit pricey at 10 per month. It's cool thou, it's like OnDemand is on your cable. They have full episodes you can download and the content gets updated often, it MUCH better than Vcast used to be in the past.


    Moving to 3rd Party Apps
  6. tghockey07's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    817 Posts
    PIN
    NOPIN.
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    It's not the app itself, just a link to the app download, you can hide it if not interested.


    Vcast video is pretty cool thou, but a bit pricey at 10 per month. It's cool thou, it's like OnDemand is on your cable. They have full episodes you can download and the content gets updated often, it MUCH better than Vcast used to be in the past.


    Moving to 3rd Party Apps
    Or you can just go into the service books and delete the ones for these apps.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  7. gemni73's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    257 Posts
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    PIN
    no longer matters
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Audizine View Post
    I just reset my phone after updating StormSlider...
    And got a new icon.. Verizon pushing out Bing to our phones?
    did anybody else get this?
    Same here and I was about to post a new thread when I saw yours. I just did the same exact thing as you and just noticed the Bing icon.
    " a closed mouth don't get fed"

    Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and
    beginning all over again.


    feel the fear, get through it and do it anyway
  8. gemni73's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    257 Posts
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    PIN
    no longer matters
    #8  

    Default

    i thought i was going loopy when I saw both the Bing and Vcast Icon. Is Bing any good?
    " a closed mouth don't get fed"

    Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and
    beginning all over again.


    feel the fear, get through it and do it anyway
  9. rckreisher's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    23 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    I got them too. The Bing app is kinda cool.
  10. Audizine's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    659 Posts
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

    Default

    is Bing free?
    OS: 5.0.0.428 "Asian Hybrid" by blkghost!!!!
  11. MBG22's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    41 Posts
    #11  

    Default I just put in in my Crap Folder

    As with all the App icons VZW pushes to me, I send them to the folder I have created call crap. Wish I could delete them
  12. Yung_Dilla's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    271 Posts
    Global Posts
    349 Global Posts
    PIN
    Just Ask
    #12  

    Default

    yeah i had it deleted it called it a day...

    i get my storm 2 in a couple days soooooooooooooo excited lol
  13. nalpakj's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    I just installed it to see what it was about. It is free and has regular internet searching, as well as local searching (restaurants, movies, etc) built-in as well as mapping. The mapping has a 'track me with GPS' feature but I haven't been able to use it in the car to see if it actually moves automatically to the next directional step or if it just follows you on the map and you have to choose the next step (like Google Maps for BB).

    One thing it does have which I also have not been able to test yet is 'Voice Search' so you can presumably speak a location for mapping, or a search term.

    One unfortunate thing is that the app does not rotate to landscape when the Storm is rotated.
  14. Yung_Dilla's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    271 Posts
    Global Posts
    349 Global Posts
    PIN
    Just Ask
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MBG22 View Post
    As with all the App icons VZW pushes to me, I send them to the folder I have created call crap. Wish I could delete them
    you can go in to the options>advanced options>service book

    then delete whatever you dont want
  15. NIKSTORM's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    972 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,416 Global Posts
    PIN
    JUST ASK
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nalpakj View Post
    I just installed it to see what it was about. It is free and has regular internet searching, as well as local searching (restaurants, movies, etc) built-in as well as mapping. The mapping has a 'track me with GPS' feature but I haven't been able to use it in the car to see if it actually moves automatically to the next directional step or if it just follows you on the map and you have to choose the next step (like Google Maps for BB).

    One thing it does have which I also have not been able to test yet is 'Voice Search' so you can presumably speak a location for mapping, or a search term.

    One unfortunate thing is that the app does not rotate to landscape when the Storm is rotated.
    So now Bing or Poynt?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  16. nalpakj's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    I'm not sure yet...but what I can say is the Windows Live Search Mobile application I used to use on my Windows Mobile device was better than any local search app I've yet found for Blackberry. If Bing is growing into the replacement for it, then I might stick with it for a little while and see where it goes.

    Quote Originally Posted by NIKSTORM View Post
    So now Bing or Poynt?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  17. moosc's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,070 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,515 Global Posts
    PIN
    304BE829
    #17  

    Default

    U can delete from service books but do a bat pull and they will return just hide it. Maybe instead of pushing apps how about fixing the dam OS and its memory leak.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  18. Audizine's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    659 Posts
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yung_Dilla View Post
    you can go in to the options>advanced options>service book

    then delete whatever you dont want
    if you do that... it will come back next time you reset your phone
    OS: 5.0.0.428 "Asian Hybrid" by blkghost!!!!
  19. jtstorm's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    97 Posts
    #19  

    Default Just got it to

    Downloading bing now to check it out
  20. cadsystems's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    461 Posts
    PIN
    t of Guinness
    #20  

    Default

    When I went to m.bing.com/download they have a version for 4.7 devices but not 5.0 i'm curious enough to try it, i had the ms live search for a while but got rid of it. i think this is just a rebranded ms live search.
    Listening to The Von Ehrics
  21. NIKSTORM's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    972 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,416 Global Posts
    PIN
    JUST ASK
    #21  

    Default

    bing is pretty cool I'm gonna leave it and play with it ......I think that poynt has a few better features on it but with some updates bing may be good to go.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  22. lagunarad's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Bing is a good engine and I prefer it over Goog. Just wish it would rotate to landscape.
  23. BigMattyD's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Seems like a pretty good app to me so far, only thing that is really bugging me is that it doesn't rotate in landscape mode. Also I tried the voice search and it actually seemed to work pretty well for me...gonna have to play around with it more.
  24. NIKSTORM's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    972 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,416 Global Posts
    PIN
    JUST ASK
    #24  

    Default

    1. no landscape
    2. needs full gps turned on to find phone
    3. movies option not as good s poynt "imo"
    4. cannot send info via e mail like poynt ex. i cant look up a resturant and send you all the info that poynt gives via email.

    5. does not close out by pushing back button "must push bb button Close "


    1. has weather intergrated
    2.has news
    3. seems to run quickly
    BLAH...BLAH...SMART QUOTE...BLAH
  25. Bob61's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,515 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,914 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NIKSTORM View Post
    1. no landscape
    2. needs full gps turned on to find phone
    3. movies option not as good s poynt "imo"
    4. cannot send info via e mail like poynt ex. i cant look up a resturant and send you all the info that poynt gives via email.

    5. does not close out by pushing back button "must push bb button Close "


    1. has weather intergrated
    2.has news
    3. seems to run quickly
    The voice recognition though is sweet! Sure beats my sloppy typing to enter search, get directions, etc. That's a big plus over Poynt IMHO.
    Last edited by Bob61; 10-30-2009 at 04:54 PM.
    - RIP Storm, Now Rockin' with DroidX and haven't looked back - [My Themes]
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions