Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BerryAddon - Awesome All-In-One

Our friends over at BerryReview.com tell us of a great BB utility, BerryAddon

BerryAddon Public Beta - Awesome Little All-In-One Utility | BerryReview.com

==================

From TFA:

It just popped up on the radar in the last few weeks and looks like a VERY powerful little tool that takes less than 90kb! There is really no other name for such an app other than an All-In-One utility.

http://static.berryreview.com/wp-con...erryaddon1.jpg http://static.berryreview.com/wp-con...don2_thumb.jpg http://static.berryreview.com/wp-con...don3_thumb.jpg

You can find the desktop installation files at this thread on BBforums and there is an OTA link (OS 4.5 | OS 4.6+). The latest version is 0.91 for the Bold.

PS: I could have sworn we mentioned a similar utility before but maybe it is called something else since I cannot seem to find itÖ

http://static.berryreview.com/wp-con...don4_thumb.jpg http://static.berryreview.com/wp-con...don5_thumb.jpg http://static.berryreview.com/wp-con...don6_thumb.jpg

Core features

* Vibrate on call connect/disconnect
    * Vibrate when ringing
    * Log placed/received call to calendar and mark them as private events
    * After call, prompt to add call number to addressbook
    * Create calendar, task, memopad and addressbook item in phone log screen
    * When creating contact, you can add new contact or update exist contact
    * Firewall with blacklist and whitelist, also can block private and unknown numbers.
    * Log blocked call to calendar
    * Import/export firewall blacklist and whitelist
    * Email signature
    * Send sms/email/pin message to calendar,task,memo and addressbook to create new item
    * Save sms/email/pin message as text document
    * Mark email with red exclamatory mark
    * Convert event to task item
    * Convert task item to event
    * Insert emoticon into sms/email/pin message
    * Emoticon customize and import/export
    * Insert contactís number or email address into sms/email/pin message
    * Open and save text document in memopad application
    * Auto lock keypad when screen goes blank. you can create exceptions to disable this feature

==================

I installed this on my Storm 5.0 and, I gotta tell ya, this thing rocks. So many tweaks! Give it a try.

==================

UPDATE: BerryAddon .92 has been released

0.92 changelog
    1. only 4.6 version is updated.
    2. **new** if you have closed the add contact prompt dialog, berryaddon will not prompt the same number again (this option is default ON)
    2. **new** you can add numbers to "not log to calendar" list, so the call of that number will not log to calendar.
    3. fixed a bug that case phone vibrate twice after call disconnected.
    4. **new** when added number to firewall's blacklist, if the length of blacklist number in 3-7, firewall will use it as prefix to black numbers, for example:
    number "800" will block all the numbers start with 800.
    number "8001234" will block all numbers start with 8001234
    number "80012345" will ONLY block number "80012345"
    (this option is default OFF)
    5. **new** berryaddon now can prevent users calling numbers in blacklist. (this option is default OFF)
    6. the "block private number" and "block unknown number" are now combined into "block private&unknown number"
    7. **new** you can now set autolock to lock device only on homescreen (this option is default OFF)
    8. fixed the blacklist, blocked call viewer's display issue.

ATTENTION: before install 0.92, pls export your black/white/emoticon list , uninstall berryaddon 0.91 and reinstall 0.92, import black/white/emoticon list.

ANYONE who has installed 0.92 from OTA server before 15/08/2009, please reinstall it through OTA, A bug has been found that when device in standby, firewall will not work.

Looking forward for your feedback

4.5 OTA: www.all4berry.com/ota/BerryAddon.jad --0.91
    4.6 OTA: www.all4berry.com/ota/BerryAddon_46.jad --0.92

==================

UPDATE 09/08/09:

This app has been updated by the developer several times (and for the better!) since my original posting. You can continue to browse this thread for further information or visit the "official" thread at http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ber...3/#post3115554
    ==================
    Last edited by ubersurfer; 09-08-09 at 10:37 AM.
    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
    CrackBerry User

Sounds pretty sweet, ill have to check it out! Thanks!
    .75->.99->.113->.132->lyricidal's .141/5.0.0.93 Hybrid->.148->.151->5.0.0.230
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,184 Global Posts
    PIN
    eapple

Thanks a lot!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    CHIN' PENNIES

Niice!!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    CHIN' PENNIES

Although I think it said it was for the bold, but if your using it.. maybe that was just a typo?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    CHIN' PENNIES

Takin form the website you listed

"You can find the desktop installation files at this thread on BBforums and there is an OTA link (OS 4.5 | OS 4.6+). The latest version is 0.91 for the Bold."
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedStorm View Post
    Although I think it said it was for the bold, but if your using it.. maybe that was just a typo?
    I dunno if they erred in typing. I do know it works on my Storm 5.0, though.

After installing, do a battery pull and BerryAddon(U) will show up in your Options menu. From there, you set the tweaks.

I haven't tried them all (I don't think anyone will have them all set), so if you run across anything that doesn't work, be sure to post your findings here.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    CHIN' PENNIES

yeah its in options but I havent found an icon for it.. guess it doesnt come with one?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedStorm View Post
    yeah its in options but I havent found an icon for it.. guess it doesnt come with one?
    No, there's no icon. I suppose this is because we're dealing with system tweaks, ala the old Windows TweakUI, as opposed to running an executable application.

I'm digging the Autolock and the send sms/email/pin messages to calendar/task/memo/addressbook tweaks a lot!

With all these enhancements, it feels like a new lea... (Oops, almost said the "L" word.)
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    CHIN' PENNIES

its not a bad little program as of right now, pretty laggy.. about to do a hard reset, figured thats a little better than always using quickpull
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    CHIN' PENNIES

Quote Originally Posted by ubersurfer View Post
    No, there's no icon. I suppose this is because we're dealing with system tweaks, ala the old Windows TweakUI, as opposed to running an executable application.

I'm digging the Autolock and the send sms/email/pin messages to calendar/task/memo/addressbook tweaks a lot!

With all these enhancements, it feels like a new lea... (Oops, almost said the "L" word.)
    lol

yeah this will be pretty fun, im gonna wait till I get a call from an already known person and see if it prompts me to add to address book, if it does, im gonna remove that option.. but if not, thats gonna be pretty cool.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    CHIN' PENNIES

funny thing is, after I installed this program (still havent done a battery pull yet) my free app mem on my meterberry went from 22ish to 38.1 o.O
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    CHIN' PENNIES

maaybe just a coincidence but, maybe it will free up even more after a nice bp
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

Pretty cool app. Running .151. Memory did not go up. To set go into your options menu and you will see an item called BerryAddon. Set options of program from there.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    CHIN' PENNIES

Works very well so far, even lets you still txt the full 160 characters, then throws your sig in right after you sent the message. You dont even know, until you look at your sent message and it shows it there. Pretty ninja.
    Themes: Rockin' the 'elle - WBMBQL' theme by AugiBerry v3.0, Precision Zen, Sleek Pro - Hidden Dock, Winberry 7 Ultimate Storm, Precision Zen Remix - Quick Launch
    Apps: MeterBerry, Quick Launch, ProTranslateLite, QuickPull, StormSlider, CrackBerry, YouMail, TalkLock, Whippoh, Slacker, UberTwitter, USAA, BerryAddon, BerryWeather (50% off )
    Current OS: .148
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    3056919b

OK i just downloaded this app...however it has changed all my customized ring tones to the apps ring tone..did it to this to anyone else? and is there a way to stop that? I love the app btw other than that one issue..i spent all weekend customizing them LOL
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    636 Global Posts

I'm diggin this!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

I can;t get the send to tasks to work properly, even after a bp. Anyone else?
    CrackBerry User

Very interesting app, obviously it is a little buggy but a great prospect. Will be keeping myeye on this one
    CrackBerry User

Sounds intriguing. I'll upload it on my Storm and post my findings later tonight.
    Verizon 9530 Storm.

Currently running Lyricidal's 7v1 hybrid.
    CrackBerry User

I didnt get it quick enough to get the SMS sig. feature.... that would have been nice! Other than that im diggin' it so far!
    .75->.99->.113->.132->lyricidal's .141/5.0.0.93 Hybrid->.148->.151->5.0.0.230
    CrackBerry User

This application works great. Phone calls definitely vibrate along with my ring tone. The autolock feature is a plus, and because I have my Pattern Lock assigned to my Lock button, my Pattern Lock comes up instead.

I have yet to try the SMS signature but it sounds intriguing. Other than that, this works great on the Storm. Thanks for the heads up.
    Verizon 9530 Storm.

Currently running Lyricidal's 7v1 hybrid.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Trying it now...nice find!
    CrackBerry Abuser

So 4.5 OTA will work if your on 5.0?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Its not free?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast