Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Will Sprint release the Blackberry Passport and / or Classic?

Has anyone heard anything about sprint? I know I am asking to much but I think we should start pressuring sprint. We waited and we never got the z30 or z10. I love my Q10 and I would really love the Classic but those pictures and reviews from the Passport are really catching my eye and attention... Please help me pressure Sprint, we can via their webpage blogs / twitter and/or email: dan@sprint.com.

Global Posts
    8,523 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask and ye might receive

There is a WindermereSprint model in the OS (Passport), but it isn't as fully present as the other 3 models (North America, Rest of World, Verizon). There doesn't appear to be a Classic for Sprint, either.

And even though there's a WindermereSprint in the OS, there was also a Z30 for Sprint, and that didn't exactly materialize. I do know enough shouting at Rogers up here in Canada got them to sell the Z30, so it may work for Sprint, if people are vocal enough.
    Rock over London, rock on Chicago. Passport. Work wide.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Sprint is to busy getting back doored from apple on that deal to suck on all those iphones. Hope apple doesn't use lube either to make it hurt. I've called numerous times threatening to leave after 10 years service to these pricks. Don't hold your breath. Sprint won't get anything BB. Suggest you move on to a carrier that will give you what you want. Dump sprint like so many others have.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    19,301 Global Posts

I doubt we'll see a Sprint Passport. I'm hoping that Sprint will give us an official 10.3 for the Q10!

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    Why is it that when your contract commitment is up, the phone you always wanted is now old and the phone you now want won't be out until the next quarter? - Checkout Planet Loser on Channel C003DAB77

Curve 8330 4.5.0.131 -> Bold 9650 6.0.0.706 --> Qued 10 - Plus not one but two totally awesome (albeit extinct) kickin' Playbooks
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    803 Global Posts

I get the feeling Sprint is slamming the door on both BlackBerry and WindowsPhone, so I'm likely moving over to Verizon. I'd bet even if Sprint does carry the Passport or Classic, they won't release it until mid-year 2015
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts

I expect at least one of the 2. Z30 got cancelled last minute.

Global Posts
    19,301 Global Posts

The funny part is that if you're up for contract renewal, you can get a Q10 for less than a Bold 9930!

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    Why is it that when your contract commitment is up, the phone you always wanted is now old and the phone you now want won't be out until the next quarter? - Checkout Planet Loser on Channel C003DAB77

Curve 8330 4.5.0.131 -> Bold 9650 6.0.0.706 --> Qued 10 - Plus not one but two totally awesome (albeit extinct) kickin' Playbooks
    CrackBerry User

Goodness I hope we get one of the two new models. And I'm done yelling at sprint. Tis a colossal waste of my time trying to talk to a company as deaf and dumb as helen Keller.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

I really hope we get them...

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

It would be great if we could get any of the latest BlackBerry's, love my Q10 but I was really looking to get a Z30. I'll probably be staying with Sprint since I was able to keep the same the same plan I've had for years. I'd like to be able to get the latest and greatest BlackBerry's from Sprint but it doesn't look good.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

I think there's at least a solid chance that Sprint will release the Classic, and an outside chance the Passport as well. Sprint never released the Z10 or the Z30, so perhaps they are only releasing keyboard BlackBerry phones at this point. That would point to them releasing the Classic. It could be a modest success for them if the holdout Bold 9930 users can be enticed. I was one of those, but I finally broke down and purchased a used Q10 on eBay. I’m officially off contract, month to month, but I’d gladly sign a new contract if they release the Classic.

If not, then I'd have to to seriously consider switching carriers at some point. I’d hate to do that, as I enjoy the unlimited data, and Sprint works pretty well in my area. I love my Q10, so even if they end up not releasing one of the new devices, I'll likely stick around for a while.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joe56984 View Post
    I think there's at least a solid chance that Sprint will release the Classic, and an outside chance the Passport as well.
    I wouldn't hold your breath waiting. Sprint is to busy blowing apple for that apple juice.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts

The Passport is growing on me. Hopefully Sprint will get it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I hope they do, however if they don't, I'm done with Sprint. I hope they don't say they're going to carry it and then never deliver; like they did with the Z30. If they do, after 15+ years, I'm done. They need to understand that not everyone wants an iPhone!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts

Sprint never said they would carry it. Rumors were there but that was it.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Sprint Reps did say it was coming out... I did post conversations were reps stated the Z30 was coming.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Just because they say it's coming doesn't mean it will come. If they decide to carry it, odds are they won't release it until after all the other major carriers do. I don't know why they said they'll carry the z30 when they don't even carry the z10. Odds are Sprint will only carry Blackberries with physical kb.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts

Those reps were in error, as they never got official communication about the Z30. Just rumors and from what I heard it was scheduled to come out, but then the Q10 was not selling and they backed out.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Reps are low level employees and have little knowledge of what's coming other than what they hear rumors just like everybody else. If Sprint carries a Blackberry my guess it'll be the Passport.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Hmm What's That?

I highly doubt Sprint will get either one. I've been having data connectivity issues with Q10. I'm on my 4th since Oct and asked to get a brand new Q10. Multiple reps told me they no longer have an agreement with Sprint, and if I want a brand new Q10 I would have to order online and have it shipped to that location. I find that hard to believe because CB wouldn't been all over the news. Can anyone confirm or deny if BB ended their agreement with Sprint like TMO
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

I am also having connectivity issues on my Q10...
    I am already almost going on a year without contract and would like to know if sprint will continue to support BlackBerry. I want the BlackBerry Passpoort.

Posted via CB10

Global Posts
    19,301 Global Posts

I am also having data connectivity issues. I don't know if it's due to tower upgrades (which Sprint claims is complete) or the Q10 itself. I just received my 5th Q10 and will be doing a device swap later today to see if it clears up the issue. While talking to people at Sprint (1st line support, issue resolution, and supervisors), I asked if Sprint had sold many Q10s. I was told that initially they did, but many were returned. The issue resolution department didn't even have a Q10 for testing purposes to validate anything I was reporting. I asked to be sent a new Q10 since I've had so many refurb replacements that were not working. I was told that they didn't have any new Q10s to send me. I also asked if Sprint would be providing the update that BlackBerry released back in March (and that Verizon released last week) and they said that they have no information on that.

I'm not trying to derail the thread with connectivity issues. My point is simply that I don't think the question is whether or not Sprint will carry the Passport or Classic. I think the real question is whether we can expect any further updates from Sprint or if they're simply done trying to support any BB10 device.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts

I always wonder where reps get their bs info from. Sprint is still a partner with BlackBerry although sales dropped.

Tower upgrades are not done yet in a lot of areas. We're just getting upgraded here in Denver.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

About 2 months ago I posted a Question on the Sprint website asking if the Blackberry Passport or Classic were going to be released on Sprint. No concrete answers as always but yesterday one of the Reps answered the following:

20. Re: BlackBerry Passport &/or Classic

SprintCare Sep 12, 2014 11:17 AM (in response to jlsr) Currently Being Moderated
    Jlsr, I will pass your feedback up my chain of leadership. Please keep an eye on Recent News & Articles | Sprint Newsroom for any information about the new Blackberry's after the launch event on September 24th. - Bran Sprint Social Care

I think this answer is kind of interesting, for once one of the reps knows something about blackberry, the launch date... What do you all think?

Also I would suggest to keep sending tweets to the new CEO @marceloclaure ....
    CrackBerry Abuser

i hope the Passport comes to Sprint, the connectivity issues i am having with my Q10 are rather frustrating, and the passport is just "odd" enough for my tastes LOL
    loving my Q10 and its AWESOME keyboard.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast