Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Fascade518
  • 1 Post By araskin
  • 1 Post By dangerousfen
  • 1 Post By Mystic205
  • 1 Post By Mystic205
  • 2 Post By ZMc1834
  • 1 Post By morales0416
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Why is Sprint Sales Personnel doing this???

Sprint sales personnel are spreading bad vibes/rumors about Blackberry products..and...why? It is bad enough that when I was interested in getting my Playbook last August (in 2011) they only had 16 GB...and nothing good to say about it...I wound up going to another distributor to get the 32 GB version of it...and found my self loving it...now I have a friend of mines going after the Blackberry Bold with touch screen...and their sales personnel is discouraging my friend from getting the Bold trying to sell her an Android product....shouldn't that be the customer's choice?? They should be showing the advantages of the products not showing their personal views of what they have, or friend's own!! I am a Blackberry loyalist from day one...I doubt that will change anytime too soon... Thanks for reading this drivel folks but I just had to vent somewhere.
    Thanked by 2:
    mzceetee (04-19-2012),  SFWriter (04-15-2012) 
    mzceetee and smoke202 like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

I hear your frustration. I also don't see why ALL the carriers are doing this? What has RIM done to them?
    mzceetee likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    That's for me to know and you to guess!

It's all down to the commission they get for selling certain products over others. Obviously, someone upstairs is pulling the strings.

Sent from my old faithful BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    Do as you would be done by and 12 pence to the shilling (or 100 cents to the dollar).

Into every life a little ale must pour
    mzceetee likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts

OP, you're 100% correct. The salesperson should be happy to sell her the Bold

When I bought my 9810 in a carrier store I clearly said I'll take the 9810 and still the salesperson started to tell me about battery pulls and freezes with BlackBerrys

And I'm really happy with my 9810. It's a great phone. No battery pulls, no freezes, nothing...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts

Carriers are in the business of selling you data packages and BBs have proven to be good at reducing data usage. Also, some of RIM's technologies, such as bridge, work in favor of consumers and not the carriers.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me..

irrelevant.. sprint has either data in on, or data is off packages.. for your theory to work, Sprint would ONLY be selling BB

Quote Originally Posted by Blkacesvf41 View Post
    Carriers are in the business of selling you data packages and BBs have proven to be good at reducing data usage. Also, some of RIM's technologies, such as bridge, work in favor of consumers and not the carriers.
    Zookeeper29 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,204 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me if you want/need it.

When I tried to ask if any 9930's were in stock(They weren't) they recommended the 9650.

-__-
    Love, Death
    Proud member of OpenSourceBB.com
    If I helped you or made you smile, Click the Thanks or Like button! Or both!
    Need a DropBox? 2GB is free! http://db.tt/vTAa8cw
    Click here to give me an Internet!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me..

a) Salepeople push things that sell. Android phones are selling better than either ios or BB

b) the majority of users are (now) replacing touchscreen phones...and so less likely to desire a keyboard.

c) If you are to promote a blackberry then you will need to spend more time explaining what it cannot do, than what it can.

d) there is absolutely zero shock/awe/wow factor in a BB.. the 9930 is the worlds finest "so what" phone...

And yes, I have a 9930, but i understand why 92% of smartphone purchasers dont buy BB.
    Zookeeper29 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by mystic205 View Post
    a) Salepeople push things that sell. Android phones are selling better than either ios or BB

b) the majority of users are (now) replacing touchscreen phones...and so less likely to desire a keyboard.

c) If you are to promote a blackberry then you will need to spend more time explaining what it cannot do, than what it can.

d) there is absolutely zero shock/awe/wow factor in a BB.. the 9930 is the worlds finest "so what" phone...

And yes, I have a 9930, but i understand why 92% of smartphone purchasers dont buy BB.
    I understand that Android's and iPhone's are the "thing" to have currently, but the OP references specifically that the friend was asking about the Bold and the salesman was discouraging the purchase and trying to push elsewhere.

I understand that a lot of people want iPhone's and/or Android's, but if someone specifically requests info about a BB then the salesperson should give them information about the phone and not just try to push them in a different OS direction.
    kbz1960 and mzceetee like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts

Sometimes when the store is crap. Just hop online and order the phone that way.

By the way, was it a corporate store or a partner store. Usually the corporate Sprint stores goes by what the customer wants because at the end of each sale that a corporate store does, the customer rates the purchase experience. Partner stores and 3rd part sales don't go thru that.
    Last edited by kg4icg; 04-16-2012 at 03:34 PM.
    Just a trucker delivering the goods in which sometimes they are cell phones.
    7cf26b0d
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Ask me

The Sprint store is the same way where I live- .. agree with Kg4icg-go online and order,no need to deal with a sale's person.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Thank you all so much for your incredible feedback on this really frustrating matter on a really fine product...for me! Your responses really have open my eyes on how the playing field of "cheating" for revenues have changed dramatically with the heightened competition from Android, Iphone, and Web OS...I hope that BlackBerry in due time, and given opportunities return to the fore front that it once had....SOON!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts

Sprint sales associate do not make more money selling an iPhone over a blackberry same amount of commission.

Blackberries IMO this is MY OPINION blackberries come back more frequently then most other phones. Constant rebooting, White screen of death, poor battery life....or maybe its sprint customers. I sell what the customers want, but returns and exchanges take away from my commission, and I have to make a living to, so, I WILL sell what I know will work and will be right for the customer.

I have no preference for what phone I sell, but like I said I will sell the phone I think is right for the customer. I think customers come in and just want a phone based off opinion and it isnt the right for them.
    When in Doubt pull it out, The battery that is
    Help that is Useful, Not from Concentrate and Not Full of my Post Count!
    www.Cellunlock.net Best for Unlocks
    Zookeeper29 likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,759 Global Posts

What YOU think is right is irrelevant.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stackberry369 View Post
    What YOU think is right is irrelevant.
    what I think is right is RELEVANT.

Im not trying to start something. People dont always know what they need or want. IF a customer comes in asking for a specific phone then they know about it. If a customer comes in and says they want a BLACKBERRY but god forbid they start playing with an iPhone or Android phone it seen as being a traitor to blackberry. I will sell what they want but if they are relying on me for an opinion which MOST do then I will give it to them.

So yes my opinion is relevant, yes im going to steer them to a phone that is more suited for their lifestyle and if that is an iPhone or Android I WILL SELL THEM and gladly take that blackberry off there hands.
    Last edited by morales0416; 04-20-2012 at 01:08 PM.
    When in Doubt pull it out, The battery that is
    Help that is Useful, Not from Concentrate and Not Full of my Post Count!
    www.Cellunlock.net Best for Unlocks
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,044 Global Posts

i have the opposite experience here in NYC with Sprint. Whether i go to the one in Lower Manhattan by Fulton St, the one on 14th St near 6th Ave, and even the one near my job in Greenwich Village, they always seem to show no bias. theres always BBs on display. When i went to the Village one the other day to pay my bill, they were about to try and sell me a 9930 because "it goes great with my PlayBook". I think that when it comes to Sprint in particular, any 'bias' as those here have put it so often (BestBuy, staples, Verizon, etc) seems to be according to the individual salesperson who probably prefers an Android personally.
    Many thanks, downloads and dollars to all the developers out there!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    PM me

Quote Originally Posted by kg4icg View Post

By the way, was it a corporate store or a partner store. Usually the corporate Sprint stores goes by what the customer wants because at the end of each sale that a corporate store does, the customer rates the purchase experience. Partner stores and 3rd part sales don't go thru that.
    Where you at? I started many years ago at FULA then SNAR then on to ONTR as a DG Agent...
    Gun Control: For those willing to rest their life on the conscience of a criminal.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.*
    *Not valid in CA, HI, DC. May vary by location.
    CrackBerry Genius

In the last month, I have visited two Sprint stores to have a battery checked. Both times I was treated like an for owning a blackberry. The store manager at one location went off on a rant about how much he hates BB hardware and the OS. He wasn't attacking me, but I found it to be very inconsiderate. The second time, the sales associate couldn't answer a question about blackberry and pretty much chalked it up to it is blackberry's fault because they suck.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geoffsdad View Post
    In the last month, I have visited two Sprint stores to have a battery checked. Both times I was treated like an for owning a blackberry. The store manager at one location went off on a rant about how much he hates BB hardware and the OS. He wasn't attacking me, but I found it to be very inconsiderate. The second time, the sales associate couldn't answer a question about blackberry and pretty much chalked it up to it is blackberry's fault because they suck.
    That seems to be the usual for most sales reps at all retail locations nowadays. Pretty sad and very unprofessional.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,139 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kg4icg View Post

3rd party sprint stores have to go thru the same sprint survey that corp employees go thru. I work at one.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask

Not a Sprint store but I did get a lot of grief from a Sprint support tech over the phone after I mentioned I was seriously considering a 9930. I'd called regarding lousy cell service at my home, they did send an Airave free of charge with no monthly - kudos for that, and asked if a BB would work with it. He then went on and on with a story about buying his 16 year old daughter a BB and how her life was ruined until he got her an iphone. He clearly wasn't a BB fan. Nice, like I want to play angry birds or whatever it's called.... sheesh..