Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    466 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question What did Sprint do to RIM?

I would love to know what happened? Because we (Sprint) are getting the Sugar Honey Ice Tea end of the stick with everything, man did Dan Hesse get caught with Jim Balsillie wife or something this is bad real bad when we always get the cold shoulder like this, not one drop of news about another Sprint Blackberry, I am glad I finally have my Tour but man I dont have nothing to look forward to, lol
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    PIN
    ch Ur Own %^z

Quote Originally Posted by bllackkman View Post
    I would love to know what happened? Because we (Sprint) are getting the Sugar Honey Ice Tea end of the stick with everything, man did Dan Hesse get caught with Jim Balsillie wife or something this is bad real bad when we always get the cold shoulder like this, not one drop of news about another Sprint Blackberry, I am glad I finally have my Tour but man I dont have nothing to look forward to, lol
    It's always been this was with RIM & Sprint.
    Sprint has been in bed with Palm for ages.
    EVO da 1st 4G
    Posted from my *EYE*pad!

Global Posts
    17,128 Global Posts

Sprint doesn't make BBs as high of a priority. Look at the Treos, then the Pre, then the Hero or TP2....

All of them get more attention.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,533 Global Posts

You make it sound like the Tour is ancient history...

You know, part of the reason GM fell was because they had too many similar offerings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,820 Global Posts

Sprints leans more toward Palm & HTC which Rims not to fond of,
    Samsung GSII Epic 4G Touch
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    665 Global Posts

Yeah Sprint feels the need to pay more attention to the Palm and Winmob guys instead of a far superior product like Blackberry...go figure.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

Doesn't look like Verizon is giving the storm 2 any love now either? Carriers always give more attention to exclusives and Sprint hasn't really had any recently. Verizon is doing the same thing with the Droid.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,166 Global Posts
    PIN
    None Now!

Quote Originally Posted by c1971ace View Post
    Yeah Sprint feels the need to pay more attention to the Palm and Winmob guys instead of a far superior product like Blackberry...go figure.

what makes it far superior? same old OS looks minor hardware changes? same look and feel to a BB? maybe Sprint wants companies to invent something new and bold not a baby curve > curve > oversized curve > king curve next?
    .................................................. ......................pearl > curve > Tour > Tour with Wifi? oooo somethin new?
    Sprint Premier Member Since 09/19/04
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,820 Global Posts

Im thinking Rim & sprint are coming back together.
    Rim worked really hard for Sprint to match Verizon 9630 launch which I'm sure Verizon didn't like.
    hmm maybe the iphone factors taking play..Verizon said their working to get.
    Samsung GSII Epic 4G Touch
    CrackBerry User

It's nice that Sprint got the Tour and will prolly get the Essex. I am fine with that.

I am just irritated with no touch BBs. Verizon can not have a lock down on all BB touch variations.

With Vodafone not having exclusivity, I am still hold out for the Storm2, even if its early next year.

The Pre and the Hero went to Verizon also. Which is pretty crappy.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts
    PIN
    215c2165

Quote Originally Posted by c1971ace View Post
    The main reason why I'm switching to T-Mobile for the Bold2
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    528 Global Posts

Yeah, it's a little sad that Verizon gets RIM's only touchscreen device, and in return Verizon's treating RIM like shat.

I actually feel bad for RIM because of how Verizon's handling the S2 launch. They're not doing that phone any justice.
    Last edited by Dsmithjr; 10-24-2009 at 11:44 PM.

Global Posts
    6,047 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChekMySwag84 View Post
    you have fun with their wanna be 3g, lol/jk
    twitter: @eve6er69_chris

Global Posts
    17,128 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dsmithjr View Post
    Yeah, it's a little sad that Verizon gets RIM's only touchscreen device, and in return Verizon's treating RIM like shat.

I actually feel bad for RIM because of how Verizon's handling the S2 launch. They're not doing that phone any justice.
    I wouldn't really worry about it. People already know about the device from all the S1 adverts and media.

It will sell a lot.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dsmithjr View Post

Yeah, well- how many of those Storms were returned because they were defective? How many hours of Verizon staff did Storm customers use up with problems?

I don't blame Verizon for not spending much on advertising for S2. Just wait and see how it does, rather than open the floodgate.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts

Dude, TMobile? You sure you're going to be happy with the voice quality and coverage coming off CDMA? All for what, a trackpad? Granted, I've had my share of trackball problems- but I'm not sure the current trackpad is the answer. Way too sensitive to moisture.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    466 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Yeah I agree with MisterB, I was ready to jump ship because but when I started to look around at prices you really cant beat Sprint at all. I tell you what if Verizon gets the Iphone its going to be crazy people are going to jump ship for that, Sprint is crazy late with Android and no latest and greatest Blackberry is going to kill them not even a Tour with a trackpad!!??? A Tour with a trackpad would be good maybe because my track ball has not worked since I got the phone, lol
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts

Sprint needs the iphone, the storm 2 (series), the HTC Touch HD2 (series), and other Android phones to effectively compete with the other carriers in the long run. Also they are wasting marketing on the palm pre they need to put it to an actual worthy flagship phone.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today."

The magic a Sharpie Marker can do http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/my-berry-bold-235353/
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    PIN
    -up girls rock.

they're way behind on rolling out a good 3G network, I'd seriously wait on that, or find a replacement on EV-DO with Sprint/Verizon.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    PIN
    -up girls rock.

Quote Originally Posted by bllackkman View Post
    Yeah I agree with MisterB, I was ready to jump ship because but when I started to look around at prices you really cant beat Sprint at all. I tell you what if Verizon gets the Iphone its going to be crazy people are going to jump ship for that, Sprint is crazy late with Android and no latest and greatest Blackberry is going to kill them not even a Tour with a trackpad!!??? A Tour with a trackpad would be good maybe because my track ball has not worked since I got the phone, lol
    with all this droid pushing from Verizon, I would hope maybe Sprint will get in bed with Apple then, on a CDMA/GSM iPhone next year to counter VZW... but that's likely wishful thinking.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    PIN
    30E1FE2C

Aren't we getting the Essex very soon?

Global Posts
    17,128 Global Posts

The Essex is Bold catch up mostly... Even worse if it actually comes out next year.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    466 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

If the Pre was a Landscape Slider I would have bought it, but the keys were to small for my hands and I was already addicted to my crackberry learning a new phone would have been a pain, RIM should really make a Landscape Slider
    CrackBerry Addict

I think the problem is the other way around. Sprint doesn't have the numbers of customers that VZ or ATT have. Why would RIM or Apple waste time supporting Sprint. They will throw Sprint a bone once in a while. Only no-demand phones go to Sprint. When was the last time Sprint carries a Nokia phone.

Global Posts
    17,128 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leskchan View Post
    I think the problem is the other way around. Sprint doesn't have the numbers of customers that VZ or ATT have. Why would RIM or Apple waste time supporting Sprint. They will throw Sprint a bone once in a while. Only no-demand phones go to Sprint. When was the last time Sprint carries a Nokia phone.

Interesting theory, but given that Sprint is larger than Tmobile...
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast