Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By louzer
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default voicemail 2 text

Did anyone else get a voicemail 2 text icon pushed to their 9930 overnight? Is this a free feature now?
    CrackBerry Addict

I did, not sure what the details are for this feature yet, but I do have it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I did and i have the 9670. Looks like it is an icon that links you to the install site.

I didn't go further than looking at the TOS and agreement page then I backed out.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    465 Global Posts

I've got it and installed it before I read reviews. Seems no one likes it and appears no one (even Sprint) knows how to turn it off. Just my luck
    CrackBerry User

Received the same thing as well. Looks like its a push from sprint...anyone try it out yet?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    914 Global Posts

I did. I don't want it. I just want to send sand receive picture mail!!! Damn Sprint's pissing me off!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Ask me

I just noticed it ,I rather not download,have enough issues with my VM don't need add extra to it...

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    19,150 Global Posts

I just noticed it on my 9650. I don't need it and don't want it. I've been going through apps one-by-one to eliminate any 'problem' apps. I have limited free space on my device and I want to keep it lean.

If Sprint put this in App World as a special free promotion, that would be one thing. But I don't like the idea of apps being pushed to my phone without my consent. I should be allowed to decide which apps I choose to have on my phone and which ones I choose not to. This should be handled by allowing you to opt in as opposed to making you opt out. I hope that this app can be uninstalled.
    Why is it that when your contract commitment is up, the phone you always wanted is now old and the phone you now want won't be out until the next quarter? - Checkout Planet Loser on Channel C003DAB77

Curve 8330 4.5.0.131 -> Bold 9650 6.0.0.706 --> Qued 10 - Plus not one but two totally awesome (albeit extinct) kickin' Playbooks
    mzceetee likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by louzer View Post
    I just noticed it on my 9650. I don't need it and don't want it. I've been going through apps one-by-one to eliminate any 'problem' apps. I have limited free space on my device and I want to keep it lean.

If Sprint put this in App World as a special free promotion, that would be one thing. But I don't like the idea of apps being pushed to my phone without my consent. I should be allowed to decide which apps I choose to have on my phone and which ones I choose not to. This should be handled by allowing you to opt in as opposed to making you opt out. I hope that this app can be uninstalled.
    They didn't download the app onto the phone for you. They just pushed a link that you can click on to download it. Don't want it? Hide it. (tap and hold the icon or highlight it and push the menu button then select hide icon)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bharp13 View Post
    Did anyone else get a voicemail 2 text icon pushed to their 9930 overnight? Is this a free feature now?
    I was wondering the same thing. There is another forum about this from a while back where someone said it was free for 30 days then $1.99 a month and when they didn't want it anymore they had a hard time getting Sprint to remove it... I guess we'll have to wait for someone to try it and find out. BTW I have a 9850 and it was pushed to my phone today as well.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me..

?..

why is this sprints fault?.. (not that this is the thread topic)

Quote Originally Posted by decypher44 View Post
    I did. I don't want it. I just want to send sand receive picture mail!!! Damn Sprint's pissing me off!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    332519F1

i thought i was seeing things and then started scratching my head when it too me to a getjar site that said my device wasnt compatible O_o

a google search came up with this tho
    http://crackberry.com/sprint-announc...ackberry-users

and google'n "sprint voicemail 2 text" or "sprint voicemail-2-text"

results in more links from sprint forums/sites and various other sites

looks like its a paid service. ill stick with my integrated google voice
    Thanked by:
    mzceetee (04-13-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

I remember seeing the article last September regarding this feature being free for 30 days then $1.99 a month after that. I called Sprint today and the two Reps I spoke to said they have heard it was pushed but couldn't give me an explination for it. I have seen this app on another carrier and it looks like something I could use. Anyway, I'm going to hold off and not going to install this until more info is available. Thank you for everyon's response!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    803 Global Posts

Yep, it was pushed to my 9650. Been thinking about looking for this kind of app, I tried to load it but got an error message, sounds just as well. Has anybody actually got it to work and use it?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,461 Global Posts

I got it pushed to my Sprint phone overnight and I think its an ok app.V!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    15,470 Global Posts

It was pushed to my Sprint 9650 overnight, I haven't tried it out yet and really don't need or want it. I also can't delete this "unwanted" new app
    Last edited by spencerdl; 04-14-2012 at 07:30 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    It was pushed to my Sprint 9650 overnight, I haven't tried it out yet and really don't need or want it. I also can't delete this "unwanted" new app
    Just hide it ,that's what I have done..

CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by lovemyspanish View Post
    I got it pushed to my Sprint phone overnight and I think its an ok app.V!
    Have you tried the app ?

CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    ask me

I got this and so did my wife on her bb style. I just hide it as you cant delete them. It wouldnt install on my phone anyway so i have no idea why it was pushed.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Won't load anyway

It appeared overnight on my BB Curve as well. When I selected the icon, it took me to the browser where I got an error 404 "Page not found"
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Dont do it !!!

I got this app the day they pushed it onto my phone. my 30 days has expired and until i figure out how to "unsubscribe" it has hijacked my voicemail to where I cannot "listen" to it, and it has also stopped converting it, so any voicemails on my phone are unobtainable. I have spent half a day so far trying to track down anyone that can tell me where i unsubscribe because clicking on the App Icon takes me to Getjar site , who doesnt even have record of me dl'ing it in the first place...its a nightmare because i think it is now out of the hands of anything the phone could do to get rid of it, meaning someone has me subscribed but on "hold" and I dont know who that is
    CrackBerry Newbie

by the way , the app SUCKS...it gets too many words confused and allows translation of only 3 Text pages so longer messages gets cut off
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    948 Global Posts

You got an email when you installed and activated it. That will tell you how to stop it
    CrackBerry Newbie

I was in the original beta test of this for Sprint a year plus ago. I found it worked as described and was no worse then the transcripts from "Google Voice" or "YouMail." At the time I was using it on an 8530, and the app was purely for service set up and settings. After that you got SMS and/or Emails of the transcripts. Turning the service off took nothing more then calling some (*###) type number. The app even had the instructions in it. The RIM virtual preloader of the app came on my new 9930, but I don't need to pay for that kind of service any more.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk