Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    31cd7925
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Thumbs up "Unofficial" i appreciate my Sprint service

I am tired of looking at all of these threads doing nothing but complaining! This thread is for all of those people who actually like their Sprint service and have good things to say. Personally, I love my Sprint service. The customer service levels have been steadily improving and for the most part they are extremely helpful. I have 0, zero, zip, zilch, nada, none dropped calls unlike my friends and coworkers on other carriers. I have service even in locations known as "dead zones". I am a loud and proud supporter of Sprint for 2 reasons, spectacular phone service and spectacular pricing!

btw, i have been with t-mo, att, and vzw...all terrible IMHO.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    30C12E1B

I like sprint, while others tend to not like that sprint tends to drag there feet on everthing, sprint dragging there feet helps them to work out problems with devices and softwear
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,834 Global Posts

Same here I have nothing but Good things to say about Sprint! I've been with them since October and the service is awesome! I've had no issues with CS and the rate plans are cheap! Thanks Sprint!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    PIN
    30BB93A4

Honestly, my complaints have been specifcally about CS and CSRs that have been a pain in my **** -- not my Sprint Service in general. As of right now, I'm pretty happy with Sprint -- I finally got to talk to a tech support agent in store, who, while he didn't have the answers I was looking for, was at least honest in what he knew and didn't know. I've still got billing issues with them, but I'll address that at a later date, probably in store rather than on the phone.

As far as my phone and my service go -- I'm completely happy -- I have an awesome phone, an awesome rate plan, and have very few dropped calls. I'm not complaining about any of that.

I'm glad that you have had a 100% positive experience at Sprint -- hopefully my experience at Sprint will continue to improve -- I sure hope so!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    31cd7925
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I'm not gonna pretend that everything has always been all roses and sugar cookies because it hasn't. I simply wanted to be able to go to a thread that wasn't filled with complaints and rants about every little isssue. I have dealt with issues and bad csr's like everyone else has but i truely believe they have turned a corner and are taking us all back to a place that actually has some flowers and cookies I think i huge tip of the cap goes to Sprint CEO Dan Hesse for much of the improvement we have seen in customer service related issues. Thanks again Sprint.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

Case in point:

three days ago there was a storm in our area, and my bb was constantly dropping calls at home. I rang up sprint CS (at like 2am EST), and one of the reps picked up and confirmed that the tower closest to me had gone down. She put in a trouble ticket and told me it would be fixed within 36 hrs, at which point I said thanks and went to bed.

The next day at around noon (about 10 hrs after I called), I get a phone call from one of the tech engineers saying that they had fixed the tower, and my phone should be working properly. She was true to her word - my BB has not dropped any calls since, and reception has been fantastic.

Sprint's combination of plan pricing, 3G coverage, and improving CS will keep me as a customer. I do wish they'd pump out some of the newer BBs faster, but I can't complain too much. Plus - they'll be the first to get the hot Palm Pre!
    CrackBerry User

While SPRINT has there issues....They usually bend over backwards to solve problems and make things right with their customers. Customer services like that a and MUCH cheaper rate plans will keep us and our 5 lines happy.
    CrackBerry User

I have had issues with CS but when I have called the government accounts CS I have had no problem the same with the retention people. I've had hundreds of free minutes thrown my way, and credits on my account. Iv'e been with sprint since 02 and at first the service was spotty but now it's much improved and I'm happy with the plans.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    30C12E1B

I think its fairly typical that CS is pretty awful, They only know how to sell the products but when it comes to knowledge base your better off skipping CS and going right to sprint tech support
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    3174F8F0

Overall I have to say that I am really happy with Sprint. About a year ago, I left them for TMobile to get a free Pearl...but it only took me about a month to realize I had made the wrong choice.
    Their service and rate plans can not be matched. $99 for unlimited everything? pssshh...

And I have never once had an issue with CS. Any time I call, they are polite and eager to help. If the "front line" CS rep can't help, they're quick to forward me to someone who can. And I've never had anyone say "4.5 will be out by ____." I honestly think the people who claim that are making it up.

The only things I would like to see changed at Sprint are Berry related: 4.5, MMS, and new berries quicker.
    -C. Ryan

Device History:
    8100 --> 8130 --> 8330 --> 8900 -->9630 --> 9700 --> 9550
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,514 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of sarcasm

I've been a Sprint customer for about 10 years now and I couldn't be happier. Great coverage, fast data, ever improving CS and my monthly bill is rediculously low.

Granted, Sprint does lag a little when it comes to releasing new Blackberries, but by the time they do release something, its always going to be a better, more refined version (8830WE, Pearl 8130, Curve 8330, Bold 9030, Curve 8930).

I love Sprint and I see myself staying with them for quite a while.
    CrackBerry User

I too, am very satisfied with Sprint. Coverage is excellent and the rate plans can't be beat for their pricing. The biggest complaint I see in the forums relates to Sprint not getting new BB's quickly.

While this can be an issue for those who want the latest & greatest toys, the positive is that when Sprint finally does get a new device, it has the bugs worked out. In the meantime, we still have our current BB's. CEO Hesse is doing a great job and it will take time to get Sprint sailing smoothly.

Hats off to Sprint and to nathangoihl for starting this thread!!

chesterhound
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,027 Global Posts

I have been a customer for about 10 years as well and over the years I have had many battles with Sprint. As of lately I have to say everything has imprpved tremendously. My service is great and my bill is super low. Other than the normal wanting MMS and newer phones faster I am pretty content. Most of the time when something can't get done the first time around I find it good to have a little patience and try back later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    30C02B1E

I am happy with sprint so far. Idk why everyone is complaining

Global Posts
    32,001 Global Posts
    PIN
    By request.

I just renewed after 4 years with Sprint. My customer service experiences have been fine. My latest sales rep looked through my recent service history, and made recommendations to do everthing possible in setting up the best plan for our needs.

We were informed that our reps were no longer on commission, and the service we received seemed to reflect a more relaxed atmosphere. Our rep also took the time to look through our available discounts, and got us the highest savings available. Our overall savings with the new plan, even with 3 BBs and 1 phone, is better than $55 a month.

I called CS Thurs. Had some minor problems to take care of, and the CSR was a native English speaker, as have been the 2 previous ones. My problems were resolved quickly, and I complimented her on what I considered an excellent
    job she was doing, and that I was pleased with the improvements I am seeing.

And last, I thank my store rep for steering me into my CrackBerry experience, and this is the first mobile device that I've truly found to be a pleasure to carry!

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me and ask for it.

Sprint is the best carrier to have a Blackberry Curve in my opinion. BEST price for BARELY second best coverage. Tmobile? No 3G coverage. AT&T? Too expensive. Verizon? No 7 PM nights AND $10 more a month.

No contest.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    3174F8F0

If you think about it, really, the GSM folks have to wait just as long in between berries as we do...
    ....they get the "Oh, gee, look at the newest model!" Factor, while we get the "Oh wow, mine actually works reliably!" factor.
    -C. Ryan

Device History:
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    PIN
    K and GREEN: SKEE WEE!!!!!!!!

I had Sprint for almost 10 years now and never had a problem with them. I have noticed since Dan Hesse became CEO their loose ends in CS has gotten so much better.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    PIN
    Good ol' PM

When it comes to the most balance (meaning service vs pricing) Sprint is it.

Customer Service has gotten better, I still run into a few clueless reps but few and far between.....

Yes Sprint may not get blackberries as fast as Verizon or ATT or even T-mobile....But you know what, when Sprint does release the same model it always blow the originals out of the water...(take the 8130 and 8330)....People can whine about MMS, not a big deal for me.

Plus unlike Verizon, Sprint allows a phone to be released as the OEM intended for it to be...Not a crippled stripped down mess.

I didnt want to say this and start a flame fest, but here goes....Im hearing that Sprint will have an exclusive period on the 9030 (BOLD)...I dont know the reason...I suspect Verizon wants to hold off so that the Bold doesnt overshadow the Storm, which they have to meet a quota on......And you know Sprint bold will blow all others out of the water.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    3174F8F0

Quote Originally Posted by Lennyj17 View Post
    When it comes to the most balance (meaning service vs pricing) Sprint is it.

Customer Service has gotten better, I still run into a few clueless reps but few and far between.....

Yes Sprint may not get blackberries as fast as Verizon or ATT or even T-mobile....But you know what, when Sprint does release the same model it always blow the originals out of the water...(take the 8130 and 8330)....People can whine about MMS, not a big deal for me.

Plus unlike Verizon, Sprint allows a phone to be released as the OEM intended for it to be...Not a crippled stripped down mess.

I didnt want to say this and start a flame fest, but here goes....Im hearing that Sprint will have an exclusive period on the 9030 (BOLD)...I dont know the reason...I suspect Verizon wants to hold off so that the Bold doesnt overshadow the Storm, which they have to meet a quota on......And you know Sprint bold will blow all others out of the water.
    Eff the Bold! 8930, please!!
    -C. Ryan

Device History:
    CrackBerry User

I'm exceedingly happy with Sprint. The plans are good, I almost never drop a call, and my bill is much smaller than my mother's or sister's bills - and I have unlimited text and data.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

I'm happy with Sprint. I can't remember the last time I had a dropped call in the southeast US.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    406 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask if you want it

Smile

I have to agree with what everyone here is saying. I've been with Sprint for over 8 years now, and have had nothing less than superior service! I have only had to deal with CS on a few occasions, and like the rest, if I feel like the rep isn't understanding or can't help me with my problem, I ask to speak to someone that can. CS for ANY company is going to have their good and bad experiences, that's just life I guess.

As far as new phones go, I too don't mind waiting a bit longer if it means that the device we get is a stable one. Long gone are my days of having to be the first on the block to get a new gadget. LOL

Thanks to the OP of this thread, it is nice to finally see some positive posts in a sea of negatives!
    Last edited by MikeG7265; 01-11-2009 at 11:02 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,514 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of sarcasm

I'm noticing that most of us have been with Sprint for over 5 years. That just kinda speaks for itself.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm a new sprint customer going on two weeks now and so far so good. The coverage in my area is excellent and I've had excellent performance with my curve.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast