Results 1 to 21 of 21
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By papped
  1. dev2nsu's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Torch 9850 comin aug 21st! Who's excited?

    Yeeeeeessssssssssssss the torch is comin aug 21 st! Who is excited? I know I am!!


    ---
    - Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Torch 9850 comin aug 21st! Who's excited?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1313022583.412865.jpg  
  2. TurboTiger's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,202 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,236 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    I would be if I were on Sprint.
    No telling how long VZ will take on this.
    But good for you.

    Good Luck

    iPhone 4S
    iPad 2 Wi-Fi
    Former Storm2 & Palm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  3. Slingbox's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,749 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,820 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Not me I would be more excited if it was Bold.

    HUH me excited about Bold lol
    I love 9930 form factor its what CDMA carriers should of had in the first place not the cheap 9600 series want to be Bold.
    If it had HDMI out and front cam I would buy one
    Samsung GSII Epic 4G Touch
  4. ZMc1834's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    811 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slingbox View Post
    Not me I would be more excited if it was Bold.

    HUH me excited about Bold lol
    I love 9930 form factor its what CDMA carriers should of had in the first place not the cheap 9600 series want to be Bold.
    If it had HDMI out and front cam I would buy one
    The Bold is also coming to Sprint on the 21st
  5. Slingbox's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,749 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,820 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZMc1834 View Post
    The Bold is also coming to Sprint on the 21st
    ya I came across it a few min ago in other thread.
    If RIM would wake up join 2010 smartphone hardware specs I would jump on it in a heartbeat.
    Not having HDMI/video out & no front cam is unexceptable
    Samsung GSII Epic 4G Touch
  6. Slingbox's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,749 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,820 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Ha Ive figured out why front camera was not added.
    They wouldn't get the back one right - BlackBerry Bold 9900 Camera Comparison | CrackBerry.com
    Samsung GSII Epic 4G Touch
  7. mjordan5's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    254 Posts
    PIN
    330693AB
    #7  

    Default

    Well Slingbox you have to think the Blackberry brand of phones are tended to be more towards corporate people. So most of the companies that would supply there employees with phones when they are blackberries they don't really need a front facing and a hdmi out. Because the majority of use for those corporate consumers is email and phone calls. So why put all the unnecessary things on a Blackberry when the majority of consumers don't need. But if a blackberry user needs/feels that he/she needs those things then they can go and get a evo or something similar. Blackberry does what it does the best top of the line phone for Email no comps. out there. I think that is why blackberry as not put all that really unnecessary additions on there phones.
    Crackberry addict since I first touched a Blackberry device and there was no turning back after that.
  8. Slingbox's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,749 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,820 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mjordan5 View Post
    Well Slingbox you have to think the Blackberry brand of phones are tended to be more towards corporate people. So most of the companies that would supply there employees with phones when they are blackberries they don't really need a front facing and a hdmi out. Because the majority of use for those corporate consumers is email and phone calls. So why put all the unnecessary things on a Blackberry when the majority of consumers don't need. But if a blackberry user needs/feels that he/she needs those things then they can go and get a evo or something similar. Blackberry does what it does the best top of the line phone for Email no comps. out there. I think that is why blackberry as not put all that really unnecessary additions on there phones.
    Business video chat is becoming very popular so why not have it on business smartphone?
    HDMI/Video out for business presentation is popular as well.
    If Rim had such features available they wouldn't be in the hot mess of losing customer base stocks dropping etc
    On the email front they really need to work on Push dependability , BES/BIS goes down way to often it needs a major fixing .

    Bottom line RIM stuck in 2008
    They need to think about tomorrow not live in yesterday.

    After my original post in this thread I was seriously looking to pick one up adding second line....hey I love device form factor its what Ive dreamed of in cdma BB
    Finding out Camera picture quality has regressed put final nail in coffin no 9930 for me




    .
    Last edited by Slingbox; 08-13-2011 at 04:14 PM.
    Samsung GSII Epic 4G Touch
  9. mjordan5's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    254 Posts
    PIN
    330693AB
    #9  

    Default

    I agree about the front facing camera. But if video chat is going to be needed every day or something they will have a dedicated video chat system since most video chats include more then one person talking to another group of people for business situations. So they would need something bigger then a smartphone regardless.
    Crackberry addict since I first touched a Blackberry device and there was no turning back after that.
  10. Slingbox's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,749 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,820 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mjordan5 View Post
    I agree about the front facing camera. But if video chat is going to be needed every day or something they will have a dedicated video chat system since most video chats include more then one person talking to another group of people for business situations. So they would need something bigger then a smartphone regardless.
    Such excuse on why BB shouldn't have video chat capability is why RIMs taking hit.
    Blackberry playbook has Video chat capability their new flagship device should be no different.
    Samsung , moto , HTC , LG & Apple smartphone have it , if BB wants to be competitive they should have it as well.
    That wont happen for a very long time though , heck they couldn't design 9930 to cam auto focus and still remain thin.

    grrrrrrrr RIM irks me
    Last edited by Slingbox; 08-13-2011 at 05:00 PM.
    Samsung GSII Epic 4G Touch
  11. mjordan5's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    254 Posts
    PIN
    330693AB
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slingbox View Post
    Such excuse on why BB shouldn't have video chat capability is why RIMs taking hit.
    Blackberry playbook has Video chat capability their new flagship device should be no different.
    Samsung , moto , HTC , LG & Apple smartphone have it , if BB wants to be competitive they should have it as well.
    That wont happen for a very long time though , heck they couldn't design 9930 to cam auto focus and still remain thin.

    grrrrrrrr RIM irks me
    Well like I say if people don't like a certain product then they don't need to buy it and especially for smartphones now a days there is so many more options that have all the specifc features a individual wants that not all companies put each feature on all the phones because it is just not needed. Some phones have front facing cameras others don't some have hdmi out others don't you just have to find the phone that you want and features you need to get you through the day.
    Crackberry addict since I first touched a Blackberry device and there was no turning back after that.
  12. dev2nsu's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

    Default

    Front facing camera or hdmi. I don't care blackberry is unique in it's own way. Let's all celebrate the new life of the torch!!!!!!!!!!!!! Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww


    ---
    - Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  13. Matty-Mo's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    I am very excited for both of these phones!!!
  14. darkangel07760's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    260 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    I am excited! I was so envious that AT&T had the Torch. I am sticking with the Style for now though, just got it back in February.
    Please come visit my Etsy shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/darkmuse
    Please like me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/OceanMuseDesigns
  15. raiderfan#CB's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    67 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Buying the 9930 on Sunday and I could care less about HDMI or Front facing cameras ........I'm sorry they couldn't please everyone........
  16. papped's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    15,881 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,128 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Considering I have a 9930 right now, the camera is quite good...

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  17. Brn97CitronWran's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    PIN
    329DD889
    #17  

    Default

    I"m going to get this phone sometime in September. I just got a Style and I"m really regretting it. I miss my Curve 8330, but the Torch 9850 will make up for it
  18. papped's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    15,881 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,128 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    As much as you like your style, trust me the new devices will make it feel like garbage

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  19. bigmo164's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    161 Posts
    PIN
    Ask me!
    #19  

    Default

    I just came back from bestbuy, and the rep let me unbox the 9850, being that they did not have the 9930. I have to tell you, the phone looks really good!!!! The touchscreen works well and the liquid graphics are really sharp. The phone is nice and thin...The phone come in a really small box, lol. Sprint does include a 4 gig SD card. I think this phone is going to pull many of the 9930 customers to it....We shall see
    SNIPERS GET MORE HEAD
  20. papped's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    15,881 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,128 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmo164 View Post
    I think this phone is going to pull many of the 9930 customers to it....We shall see
    You haven't used the 9930 keyboard yet.... Or seen how thin it is, or how sharp the screen is (it's a lot sharper than the 9850).

    Trust me, the decision won't be that easy.
    bigmo164 likes this.
  21. dev2nsu's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

    Default

    Ok guys.... So what should I get.... The bold or the torch help me decide please !!!!!!!!!


    ---
    - Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions