Like Tree33Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    PIN
    76A74FF2
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Sprint WILL get the Z10

Sorry if this has been mentioned. Just called Sprint to ask about upgrading to the Q10. She said they ARE also getting the Z10. I asked again very specifically to be sure, she said "actually I just got an E-mail a day or 2 ago letting me know we are getting both" she couldn't say when or pricing about either phone though
    BergerKing likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,563 Global Posts
    PIN

Ahhhh... the age old customer service rep response.

"...I just got an email..." also akin to "...I actually spoke to my supervisor/manager about this and he/she said..."

Also synonymous with, "To be honest, I don't really know, but I'll make something up to satisfy your question without me getting in trouble or escalating the situation."

Hopefully, Sprint gets BB10 SOON. It's either them or TMobile. I'm not going to AT&T nor Verizon...
    Thanked by:
    ajst222 (03-01-2013) 
    rottonj, mzceetee and wafa510 like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    5,863 Global Posts

Default Re: Sprint WILL get the Z10

Quote Originally Posted by gordongr View Post
    Sorry if this has been mentioned. Just called Sprint to ask about upgrading to the Q10. She said they ARE also getting the Z10. I asked again very specifically to be sure, she said "actually I just got an E-mail a day or 2 ago letting me know we are getting both" she couldn't say when or pricing about either phone though
    so far your the second one I've seen say it, and really hope its true, come on Sprint.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    907 Global Posts

I hope it's true, but I've heard so many misstatements made by Sprint reps.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Until a CDMA Z10 clears the FCC with Sprint's LTE band(s), I'm gonna file this under, "Crazy things CSR's say to get 5s on their survey." LOL.
    JR A and PCClone like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,563 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by FrankPCS View Post
    Until a CDMA Z10 clears the FCC with Sprint's LTE band(s), I'm gonna file this under, "Crazy things CSR's say to get 5s on their survey." LOL.
    What is... "BlackBerry 10 release dates"?

*ding ding ding ding*

I'll take "BB10 doesn't have enough apps" for $500...
    CrackBerry User

@JRA

I have more apps on my Bb10 in a week than two years with my iphone 4. ITunes apps store no different then BlackBerry world.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    CrackBerry Genius

I think the rumor has always been Sprint would get the Z10, but not until the end of the year.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    ask me

I hope so, and I hope you got her name if they dont.
    randall2580 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,563 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by ccan View Post
    @JRA

I have more apps on my Bb10 in a week than two years with my iphone 4. ITunes apps store no different then BlackBerry world.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    You either didn't catch the joke or must be new. Or a little bit of both. Or maybe you caught the joke and just happily stating that you're satisfied.

I was making reference of things people commonly like to misquote and bash about BlackBerry. I was not saying it as fact, but in satire (or parody, I forget which one of those applies to my sense of humor) in the fashion of Jeopardy, a long running show in the United States.

And to be honest, my joke wasn't all that original since many comedians have used the Jeopardy-question-answer style of joke to depict satire/parody many, many times...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,247 Global Posts

Most of these customer service agents will give you their name and employee number if asked, many in fact are required to do so - and when they give you information that seems outside the box you should definitely ask for it - it gives you at least someone to write about if it proves not to be true, and as well, someone to write a nice note about if they wind up getting it. Believe me they get a lot more of the former than the latter and would appreciate you took the time - if it turns out to be true
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Ask me

Ill take this with a grain of salt

Global Posts
    30,972 Global Posts
    PIN
    In Semi-retirement

Quote Originally Posted by taz323 View Post
    so far your the second one I've seen say it, and really hope its true, come on Sprint.
    I've said they have been testing them, and just werent ready to announce it yet. They used the Q-10 image on their site, because it is instantly recognizable. And because they are trying to be the first US carrier to launch the Q.
    Report Button, not just for the bad things!
    Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720 Galaxy S4
    Bacon is duct tape for food!
    CrackBerry User

Default Just an FYI

I think T-Mobile was purchased by AT&T.
    CrackBerry Genius

Petition Bring the Z10 To Sprint
    Not too late to sign the petition and don't forget to annoy @sprint_care on Twitter!
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ojhoana View Post
    The deal fell through... AT&T does not own T-Mobile.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,466 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ojhoana View Post
    Not only were they not, T-Mobile also got a whole bunch of spectrum and $6 billion in cash (which went to TMO's parent company.) Talk about #winning.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Not only has a Sprint compatible model not cleared the FCC (Although the Verizon one has not either to be honest), But the Safety and Product guides for the Z10 have been posted. They include all models, including the Verizon model that isn't even on the FCC website yet. None of the models posted have Sprint LTE frequencies. The only model that has CDMA frequencies does not have the 800MHz or 1900Mz LTE frequencies which would be required for Sprint. I'm hoping, but it looks like Sprint missed the bus on this one.

BlackBerry Z10 - Manuals and Guides
    It only counts if someone saw you.....
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,466 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LutherSnow74 View Post
    Not only has a Sprint compatible model not cleared the FCC (Although the Verizon one has not either to be honest), But the Safety and Product guides for the Z10 have been posted. They include all models, including the Verizon model that isn't even on the FCC website yet. None of the models posted have Sprint LTE frequencies. The only model that has CDMA frequencies does not have the 800MHz or 1900Mz LTE frequencies which would be required for Sprint. I'm hoping, but it looks like Sprint missed the bus on this one.

BlackBerry Z10 - Manuals and Guides
    The Verizon version has an FCC ID already (L6ARFA90LW.) Does that not imply clearance? Also, isn't it quite late for a March release to not have been cleared?
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by FrankPCS View Post
    you mean you actually do those??? they'd have to pay me to take time to do one of them,,, i waste enough time hitting 0 til the that stupid automated menu kicks me to the operator...
    "THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"

I'M ON MY OWN IGNORE LIST===

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes."

9850+PlayBook=WIN!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

Default Re: Sprint WILL get the Z10

Quote Originally Posted by raino View Post
    The Verizon version has an FCC ID already (L6ARFA90LW.) Does that not imply clearance? Also, isn't it quite late for a March release to not have been cleared?
    L6A is the Blackberry (formerly R.I.M) Grantee Code. RFA91LW (it was probably submitted as RFA90LW) is the device product number. These are already in place when the device is submitted for authorization. Here is the link to the FCC site so you can check it out yourself

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...ericSearch.cfm

It hasn't cleared yet.
    It only counts if someone saw you.....
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,611 Global Posts

A few people have received a response from a rep saying they will get it. Then others have gotten a response saying they have no word on it or they are not getting it. These reps don't know 100% so until the website or an official release comes out, I believe they will not be getting it. If they do, it will be laaaaaater compared to every one else.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by ErinnM View Post
    A few people have received a response from a rep saying they will get it. Then others have gotten a response saying they have no word on it or they are not getting it. These reps don't know 100% so until the website or an official release comes out, I believe they will not be getting it. If they do, it will be laaaaaater compared to every one else.
    If they get it laaaaaater, most on Sprint will have already said laaaaater Sprint. They are sealing their own fate.I'm not sold on this phone now anyway.I will try it on AT&T but with the new phones coming out from Samsung and Sony at the same time this will probably be like comparing watermelons to grapes. The Z10 in my opinion doesnt have enough to keep me, its still begging for apps too.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWARRIOR View Post
    you mean you actually do those??? they'd have to pay me to take time to do one of them,,, i waste enough time hitting 0 til the that stupid automated menu kicks me to the operator...
    Nope haven't done one. Never really felt compelled to do one unless they really suck or went above and beyond. So far no CSR has went either way.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,394 Global Posts

I sure hope so as I get the biggest company discount with Sprint (25%) but i'm not going to hold my breath. My contract is up in August & i'll be more than happy to switch to T-Mobile.
    OSBB Hybrid Builder/Tester
    Dropbox - 2GB Free Cloud Storage
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast