Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default sprint is such a xxxxxxxx

so i sent them an email today telling them that id like to upgrade early because my pearl is a POS, and it freezes and i cant get phone calls cuz the phone acts up etc. and all i get is i can get an upgrade in november blah blah blah---

ugh.

this pearl is useless!!!
    -all bleeding stops eventually-

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    What's that?

Just calling them until you get someone who will help you. If your phone is such a POS then they should help you out.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

The pearl was the first blackberry I owned...I sent it back after a week, so I feel your pain. My sister is in the same boat as you. The pearl is a nice start for Blackberry devices, but leaves you wanting so much more. Did you talk to retentions??? It doesn't always work, but if your contract is up in November I'm sure they will be willing to work with you...if not, then things have drastically changed. Good Luck!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,112 Global Posts
    PIN
    32304FF1

try craigslist, thats where i got my last phone cause i did not get anywhere with sprint.
    " IF AT ANY TIME YOU FEEL AS IF NO ONE CARES IF YOU ARE ALIVE, TRY MISSING A COUPLE CAR PAYMENTS!"
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,514 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of sarcasm

Call retentions and threaten to leave. I bet you'll get your upgrade then.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

i have generally had really good luck with sending emails. yeaw the pearl is my first BB and i almost bought a curve like 2 or 3 weeks ago but i heard the tour was coming out and its a world phone ( im goin to germany in a few months etc. ) whatevver.

i dont know why there not being so nice,

CrackBerry User

Default Pearl

Have you complained about your pearl before? Or just like the million others now when sprint has back to back new devices I am sure. You have 30 days to return your unliked unwanted device. Manufacturer warranty for defects is 1 year. You want to be on the now network, then use your device until your upgrade is available to use.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by princess_t View Post
    Have you complained about your pearl before? Or just like the million others now when sprint has back to back new devices I am sure. You have 30 days to return your unliked unwanted device. Manufacturer warranty for defects is 1 year. You want to be on the now network, then use your device until your upgrade is available to use.
    yes. i have. ive had this piece of work since may of last year. and like i stated before i was going to buy a curve outright...but then i heard of the tour coming..obviously a no brainer to wait for it.but my phone is really on its last leg.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,174 Global Posts

Why does everyone think that they deserve a brand new just released phone when their year old phone is giving them issues? If you have insurance get another Pearl from Assurion. If not fork out the money for another phone. You signed a contract and should live up to it, Sprint doesn't owe you a thing. Its not their fault the phone is dying, they didn't build it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

cuz the pearl is a POS. i dont want to replace one pos with another pos. duh.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    863 Global Posts
    PIN
    3248F008

Quote Originally Posted by boomhower1820 View Post
    Why does everyone think that they deserve a brand new just released phone when their year old phone is giving them issues? If you have insurance get another Pearl from Assurion. If not fork out the money for another phone. You signed a contract and should live up to it, Sprint doesn't owe you a thing. Its not their fault the phone is dying, they didn't build it.
    So true. Everyone and the parents think they should get a free tour. These companies are in business to turn a profit, not give away the latest and greatest (or the not so great). If your conversation with sprint was anything like your Original Post, you won't get much from them. Be polite, respectful and maybe they will give you an early upgrade.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,668 Global Posts
    PIN
    The Dog Ate It

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDee View Post
    As I see it you have 2 choices.

1. File an insurance claim, get a replacement Pearl and wait for your upgrade in November.

2. Purchase a Tour for full price.
    Tact is for those who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic

There, Their, and They're are not interchangeable. Come on people learn the difference among the 3.

Oh and While I'm at it "alot" is not a word!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,174 Global Posts

With such an intelligent and thought out reply I can't imagine why Sprint won't bow down to your demands and next day ship you a $500 phone to replace your phone.

If your Pearl is such a piece of junk after a year and a half why would you want to buy another phone from the same manufacturer. I could buy your argument a bit more if you wanted to get a phone from another manufacturer because you were so disappointed with the durability of RIM's products. Just admit that you want a new phone because its the hot new thing and move on.

They base the price of their phones on the customer fulfilling a two year contract. If you don't fulfill it they don't make their money. They don't make money they don't fulfill share holder expectations and people lose their jobs. You need to grow up and learn how the world operates.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boomhower1820 View Post
    With such an intelligent and thought out reply I can't imagine why Sprint won't bow down to your demands and next day ship you a $500 phone to replace your phone.

If your Pearl is such a piece of junk after a year and a half why would you want to buy another phone from the same manufacturer. I could buy your argument a bit more if you wanted to get a phone from another manufacturer because you were so disappointed with the durability of RIM's products. Just admit that you want a new phone because its the hot new thing and move on.

They base the price of their phones on the customer fulfilling a two year contract. If you don't fulfill it they don't make their money. They don't make money they don't fulfill share holder expectations and people lose their jobs. You need to grow up and learn how the world operates.
    I agree with you 100%. I love how people feel that they deserve all these free phones and instant upgrades. I thought that was only the Apple crowd these days
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask nicely ;)

hahaha, at first i was willing to help you, but not anymore. A free Tour? dream on buddy.
    US and UK Blackberry User
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ace587 View Post
    hahaha, at first i was willing to help you, but not anymore. A free Tour? dream on buddy.
    I have seen Sprint bend over and give customers new phones after breaking ones they have had after only 4 months
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Quote Originally Posted by ace587 View Post
    never said i wanted it for free.

other than the memory leaks which cause a large percentage of the problems im having-- so having them replace it with a phone that has memory leaks kinda puts me back to where i am. other than that the phone is alright.

the phone was fine until i just stopped recieving phone calls all together cuz when the backlight turns off it takes so *********** long to get the hourglass off the screen, that it wont take the calls.

i plan on extending my contract so its not like some people who say *oooooh im gonna run away to verizon or att or whoever else is out there because you wont give me what i want***---im saying give me the upgrade early and that be that.

i mean some of the stuff ive seen ppl do and manipulate sprint for is just unbelievable. im peanuts compared to them....ive been a customer with them forever.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,174 Global Posts

So them being really wrong makes it OK for you to be a little wrong? Wait a couple months, fulfill the contract and get a new phone. This has absolutely nothing to do with Sprint. Your issue should be with RIM.

The good news? By the time your contract roles around you should be able to pick up a new in box Tour on ebay for right at $200 so you can save your upgrade for whatever comes out next year.

I have been through your situation many many times. When I am partially through a contract I hit up ebay and buy a new or new to me phone to get me through until my upgrade. To me, I can't try and screw one company for the faults of another.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

i dont buy phones off ebay just for the fact that ppl could send you a box of rocks and they can run w/ your money

meh ill wait. who knows maybe the next phoen that comes out can make my migranes go away lmao

CrackBerry User

PIN
    31C9E7DB

Glad im not the one complaining....Honestly if you didn't replace your phone in the first place with the manufacturers warranty they don't care. Right now they are saying they will replace my curve with a tour ONLY because i have been exchanging my phones out with no complaint. It is a device it does have defects. so, IMO i would lose the attitude and maybe exchange it and see how it works first and then be patient. You don't write a letter for your first phone. Are you serious. Seriously this isn't something they WANT to do its what they have to do in order to keep business. That's for LOYAL customers....
    never make someone a priority when your just an option

twitter.com/SheSo_Major
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

huh?

ive been a customer for 10+ years.

CrackBerry User

PIN
    31C9E7DB

i dont buy phones off ebay just for the fact that ppl could send you a box of rocks and they can run w/ your money

meh ill wait. who knows maybe the next phoen that comes out can make my migranes go away lmao
    you shouldnt have to worry about that, paypal backs you up in that department. PLUS you dont just buy from anyone

twitter.com/SheSo_Major
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    31C9E7DB

huh?

ive been a customer for 10+ years.
    No im not saying your not a loyal customer but you do have to show that you have been trying to work with it and them.

twitter.com/SheSo_Major
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by avacomputers View Post
    So true. Everyone and the parents think they should get a free tour. These companies are in business to turn a profit, not give away the latest and greatest (or the not so great). If your conversation with sprint was anything like your Original Post, you won't get much from them. Be polite, respectful and maybe they will give you an early upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by ERDude View Post
    As I see it you have 2 choices.

1. File an insurance claim, get a replacement Pearl and wait for your upgrade in November.

2. Purchase a Tour for full price.
    Quote Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
    I agree with you 100%. I love how people feel that they deserve all these free phones and instant upgrades. I thought that was only the Apple crowd these days
    Well said all!!!
    Ms_Rae
    CrackBerry Newbie

you must not have a way with people.. I've gone from Instinct to Rant back to Instinct finally to Curve without ever paying retail or renewing my contract.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast