Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Sprint OS6 upgrade on wife's 9650 killed her text messaging

My wife has a bold 9650 and recently upgraded to OS 6 (she was getting tired of those annoying upgrade emails) and since then, she can't see her text messages. She's been to several sprint stores and even had her phone replaced twice and they have not been able to fix it. And she was told by Sprint that she can't go back to OS 5.

Is there a fix for this without installing a newer update?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,146 Global Posts

What exactly do you mean by "she can't see her text messages"? Can you give more details?

And you can ALWAYS roll the firmware back. They gave you the wrong information about that.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tmarkt View Post
    My wife has a bold 9650 and recently upgraded to OS 6 (she was getting tired of those annoying upgrade emails) and since then, she can't see her text messages. She's been to several sprint stores and even had her phone replaced twice and they have not been able to fix it. And she was told by Sprint that she can't go back to OS 5.

Is there a fix for this without installing a newer update?
    You can always go back how ever we can not download the software for OS 5 at corporate stores do to IT policies that prevent us from downloading. its a known issue with it and I have fixed the issue by downloading crunch sms, its a third party sms app but it helps until the bug is fixed.
    When in Doubt pull it out, The battery that is
    Help that is Useful, Not from Concentrate and Not Full of my Post Count!
    www.Cellunlock.net Best for Unlocks
    Thanked by:
    tmarkt (11-17-2011) 

Global Posts
    10,524 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

Open the message inbox, press the menu key, click options, go to inbox management, scroll down to the bottom, and put a check next to SMS.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    tmarkt (11-17-2011)