Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    951 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default sprint emp says torch coming to 4g 1st quarter...

Just came from the sprint store, was talking a sprint emp about BB, while getting my evo 4g serviced, he had os 6 on his 9650. He showed me the new style, we both agreed it sucked.

He told me they were getting the torch and will be there flag ship device with 4g.

take it how u want it, but he had his bb modded to the core lol and seemed to know what he was talking about.
    --Ah... g/fs are overrated - your blackberry never leaves your side, is intrinsically cheaper (monetary-wise), and it knows exactly the way you like it (data anyway).--
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,166 Global Posts
    PIN
    None Now!

Proof or BS that's how the internet works... Even though I really don't care . I'm surprised Rim hasn't become Palm Yet
    Sprint Premier Member Since 09/19/04
    CrackBerry User

I'd hate to say it, but in-store reps & over the phone reps are always last man on the totem pole.

Sites like crackberry will have information before the guys on the salesfloor do.

Global Posts
    10,492 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

Wouldn't that be nice... but yeah, if the Torch was gonna be 4G (or any bb for that matter) I think CrackBerry would have mentioned it. Torch coming 1Q wouldn't surprise me though.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

The Sprint Rep I bought my 8530 from told me it was EVDO Rev A. She also told my sister that her curve would sync with Windows Live Calendar out of the box. If they can't even get minor details like these right, what makes you think they are going to know when (or if) the Torch is coming?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,027 Global Posts

Sprint Rep just told me that Santa is real! OMFG!

Although, I'd like to see the Torch come, but I'm almost wishing it's not 4G. I don't want to pay an additional $120/year.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle of valor

that extra $120/yr would prob kill it for me too
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

I heard in the grapevine as well that a Torch like model is coming to sprint, but an upgraded version with better specs and 4G. We will see. Sprint seems to get the better bb devices lately. VZW seems to focus solidly on droids
    CrackBerry Abuser

A few people have said that a torch is coming to sprint

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts

If its true then really its too late

By time they do get it (If they do) AT&T and T-mobile will have Torch 2!!! Really I dont think Sprint care's about Blackberry anymore they are giving us Blackberry devices to pass the time and shut people up.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    951 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

im just passing the info along, if u dont like it or believe it then dont post simple as that.

the guy was knowledgeable and a BB fanatic, even wearing a BB os6 shirt, having cosmetic mods to his bb most ppl wouldnt do, im pretty sure he is in the know about BB devices.

he also didnt bring up the torch like "Hey guess what!", I brought it up, we started talking about os 6, the new style and other things, i said are you going to be getting the torch, he said yes but it wouldnt be until next year 1st qtr, and it will be 4g since its going to be they're flagship BB device.

you guys complain about the extra 10 a month but infact would u rather have sprint go to tiered data plans like att, verizon and soon to be tmobile?
    i rather be the extra 10 a month and have it unlimited.
    Last edited by intheb0x; 11-01-2010 at 09:10 PM.
    --Ah... g/fs are overrated - your blackberry never leaves your side, is intrinsically cheaper (monetary-wise), and it knows exactly the way you like it (data anyway).--
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    2,113 Global Posts

Cosmetic mods? Why didn't you say so at first? The guy clearly knows what he's talking about.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

I just left a corp Sprint store with my new 9670 in hand. The salesman was rather insistent that a 'Torchish' BB was indeed coming to Sprint in the not so distant future. I told him to either show me proof or go blow smoke up someone else's ***.

There's got to be some sort of basis for this 'rumor' but I'm not buying into it - yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts

I still think they should bring out a landscape slider Blackberry
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    ask me

Wink

Too many rumors for it not to come out, I'm on board when it does for sure. Thats why I havnt grabbed the Bold yet.I'll even pay the extra $10 per month, but I wont like it .We dont even have 4G here yet. I will just figure a way to download full length movies all day long to make up the difference LOL.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    2,113 Global Posts

Remember all of those rumors about the Odin refresh? LOL
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

I hope that this is true, I'm all over it. I'm not feeling the BB style at all...
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,482 Global Posts

I need a World phone before 4G, especially on a blackberry. Trying to shove 6 Mbps data capability through the BIS infrastructure is like trying to drive a train through a keyhole.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by bllackkman View Post
    NO, please no... You have to turn these devices sideways and hold them with two hands to start typing. One of the things I love about my curve is that I can hold and use it with just one hand (95% of the time). I've played around with the torch and it's very easy to most things on it with just one hand.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by arcadence View Post
    Sprint Rep just told me that Santa is real! OMFG!

Although, I'd like to see the Torch come, but I'm almost wishing it's not 4G. I don't want to pay an additional $120/year.
    Same here.

It'd have to have some pretty compelling features for me to even think about paying the extra money such as a 1GHz processor, higher res screen, and more internal memory. If all three of these features aren't in it at the higher 4G cost then no deal for me.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Amen! I will be pissed if we get the Torch and it turns out to be 4G. I refuse to be forced to pay $10 a month for something I don't want or need.
    Banned

4G with those specs? OK.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,482 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 67Tucker View Post
    4G with those specs? OK.
    Most CDMA chipsets are SOC designs, especially Qualcomm, so any WiMax/CDMA chip in any phone will be a newer higher end processor with the everything built in. This is why the 9650 has a GPU (Built into the chipset), but the 9700 and 9780 do not. So any LTE and/or WiMax blackberry would likely be part of a chip with a 1Ghz+ processor minimum with a GPU.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,027 Global Posts

I'm really not a fan of landscape sliders. The need to have to use both hands to hold the device really has me against using them. Also, with landscape sliders, there's more space for buttons, so they're spaced out further, making it harder to type.

+1 for me on the Torch and vertical sliders. For me, this is the best of both worlds. While I'm not holding my breath on the rumors, I am saving my upgrade in case something does come forward. In the meanwhile, OS 6 on my bold will suffice.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

If its true then really its too late

By time they do get it (If they do) AT&T and T-mobile will have Torch 2!!! Really I dont think Sprint care's about Blackberry anymore they are giving us Blackberry devices to pass the time and shut people up.
    Sprint just released the 9670 and the 9330 so this statement is not true. They do care about Blackberry's as they still sell very well. I think its coming and it will indeed be their flagship bb device, just as the Evo is their flag ship droid device.

They can't release it sooner due to ATT.
    Last edited by Mistik1973; 11-03-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast