CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Sprint 8350i or 8330?

I have a major problem ladies and gents. I'm up for my upgrade and I've narrowed chocies to the 8350i and the original 8330. I'm a fiend for new gadgets so the 8350i is very appealing to me, not to mention the 4.6, faster processor, and other upgrades. The downside is its on the iden network. I know its slower and might not be around much longer seeing how sprint is losing so much with them. Then I could go with the best blackberry ever, the 8330. I have heard nothing but glowing reports about this phone. I really need help. A little extra info, I don't need the ptt, mostly for personal use. I currently have the 8830.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    30C12E1B

IDEN is a dieing bread, I would say go with the workhorse the 8330 its works very well on the CDMA network. You are right it is a slightly older device but its proven its realiabitly and popularity. At this time there are only rummers about a new BB for sprint in early 09, so unless you want to wait to see if these rummers pain out id go with the 8330

my thoughts thou
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    986 Global Posts

Do you need the direct connect?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,460 Global Posts
    PIN
    Send me a PM

IMO............

If you dont need the direct connect there really is no arugment in favor of getting the 8350i.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by kingjames227 View Post
    I have a major problem ladies and gents. I'm up for my upgrade and I've narrowed chocies to the 8350i and the original 8330. I'm a fiend for new gadgets so the 8350i is very appealing to me, not to mention the 4.6, faster processor, and other upgrades. The downside is its on the iden network. I know its slower and might not be around much longer seeing how sprint is losing so much with them. Then I could go with the best blackberry ever, the 8330. I have heard nothing but glowing reports about this phone. I really need help. A little extra info, I don't need the ptt, mostly for personal use. I currently have the 8830.

You actually answered it yourself, if you don't need the PTT you could really get by using the 8330 which has many of the same features as the 8350i (except for the 4.6) if you don't want to wait to see if it is true about the 8900 coming to Sprint in "09".
    CrackBerry User

For me the choice was clear. I went from a 7100i to the 8330 a few weeks ago(my phone only). I have had 10+ nextel phones for 5 years.

I had thought the 8350i was going to be a hybrid. I have 3 hybrids now and they work pretty good. When your on the DC phone calls come thru on the sprint side.

I use about 2500 minutes a month not including DC. For me I just missed to many calls while on the DC with my employees. My other phones all have unlimited mobile to mobile so for me the choice was easy. Not to mention sprints coverage in my area is much better than IDEN.

The 4.6 OS would be a plus and also having the newest phones can be cool also. For me though it isn't worth it.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

The phone may be faster but the network is slower. I had the 8330 and just got my 8350i and if they don't get the text to work as well as sprint before my thirty days are up it is going back.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    461 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask and the might recieve

I agree, If u don't need push to talk. Go with the 8330. I switched from the nextel side to the sprint side. I loved my ptt but all my friends pretty much left nextel. Couldn't be happier with the sprint 8330.