Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By crackavelli
  • 1 Post By Kind Sir
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Signal Issues with Q10

Has anyone had issues with only being able to get 1X coverage while in a Sprint LTE coverage area? My iPhone 5 has LTE coverage while sitting at my desk, but my BlackBerry only gets 1X or 1x. Same thing at my house. Sprint says it's a setting on my phone but I can't figure it out. Any ideas on what setting might cause this? (I've updated my PRL and my profile multiple times with no change. My local Sprint store says my account is configured correctly.)
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    29,159 Global Posts

Ya you might want to try a different radio on your device. I had a problem with my Q but the new leaks have fixed it,
    Posted from a Z30 on CB10.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Hmm What's That?

I am having the same exact issue. My old Q10 was ok but I couldn't connect to Link after downloading a leak, so I took it it back. Sprint gave me a refurb and I now I get 1X, 3g-3G and sometimes just a red X. I upgraded to .2947 and it's the same. Sprint said it's normal. Someone is lying to me.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackavelli; 04-12-2014 at 01:12 PM.
    KEEP CALM and CARRY a BLACKBERRY
    Ray UM likes this.

Global Posts
    29,159 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crackavelli View Post
    I am having the same exact issue. My old Q10 was ok but I couldn't connect to Link after a link so I took it it back. Sprint gave me a refurb and I get 1X, 3g-3G and sometimes just a X. I upgraded to .2947 and it's the same. Sprint said it's normal. Someone is lying to me.

Posted via CB10
    try the 2759 radio, its good and try toggling your airplane mode off and on
    Thanked by:
    crackavelli (04-11-2014) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Hmm What's That?

Quote Originally Posted by Slff View Post
    try the 2759 radio, its good and try toggling your airplane mode off and on
    Thanks I will do this now. I wondered if I should just try and download the official Sprint version but .2947 is a higher build.

Posted via CB10

Global Posts
    29,159 Global Posts

Thanks I will do this now. I wondered if I should just try and download the official Sprint version but .2947 is a higher build.

Posted via CB10
    the 2947 build with the 2759 radio is the best i have have had,
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Hmm What's That?

Nice. I'm on the "Best Radio" forum now searching for the link. Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Hmm What's That?

Found it. Your awesome.

Posted via CB10

Global Posts
    29,159 Global Posts

Found it. Your awesome.

Posted via CB10
    Good luck i hope it helps
    Thanked by:
    crackavelli (04-11-2014) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Hmm What's That?

Good luck i hope it helps
    I had an error 500 using Chrome, but found an autoloader. Now I just have to travel through town to test it out. .2947/2759 & 10.3.7 Browser. I'm wicked pumped right now. Many thanks.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Anyone else using the official Sprint released radio with their most recent update? And how is your signal experience and battery performance?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    936 Global Posts

Signal is fine. Battery life took a few days, but it is good now.

Posted via CB10

Global Posts
    29,159 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mistik View Post
    Signal is fine. Battery life took a few days, but it is good now.

Posted via CB10
    Good glad to hear.
    CrackBerry User

I had horrible service 4G phone in 3g area not their fault I know. 1X 90% of the time. Dropped or calls Not coming through at all. Data never had to use wifi. Called them and put my phone in seasonal status. I will pay the $8.99 a month for the next 20 months
    Thanked by:
    Ray UM (06-20-2014) 
    Ray UM likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts

I guess people forget, the network build-out is still in progress and isn't complete yet. So you are going to have days where things are rough.
    Just a trucker delivering the goods in which sometimes they are cell phones.
    7cf26b0d
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    936 Global Posts

^^ what he says. You can not just whoop turn a switch and your network is upgraded. They started in Denver now finally.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    454 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ypwandrews View Post
    Has anyone had issues with only being able to get 1X coverage while in a Sprint LTE coverage area? My iPhone 5 has LTE coverage while sitting at my desk, but my BlackBerry only gets 1X or 1x. Same thing at my house. Sprint says it's a setting on my phone but I can't figure it out. Any ideas on what setting might cause this? (I've updated my PRL and my profile multiple times with no change. My local Sprint store says my account is configured correctly.)
    This happened to me opened a case sprint. We tried everything on my q10 it was determined it was a network issue. I was on 1x for a week where I live. According to the rep only some network antennas needed updates on their side. Everything is good now. Call sprint they will fix it. In my case it was not a q10 issue.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Hmm What's That?

Ok. I down graded from leaked OS .2947 to the official Sprint OS .2674. Signal still sucks. On the leaked version the rep did a PRL update (or something like that) but it didn't change my signal. That's why I got the official. Will call Sprint again to do another update. My 1st Q10 didn't have this issue. I lost some signal but never completely. I can't even browse the Internet correctly.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackavelli; 04-23-2014 at 02:54 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    454 Global Posts

Ok. I down graded from leaked OS .2947 to the official Sprint OS .2674. Signal still sucks. On the leaked version the rep did a PRT update (or something like that) but it didn't change my signal. That's why I got the official. Will call Sprint again to do another update. My 1st Q10 didn't have this issue. I lost some signal but never completely. I can't even browse the Internet correctly.

Posted via CB10
    I had the same issue...sprint had to send a field tech to the antenna. what they did I don't know I imagine it needed some update. They checked my phone and it was working correctly. Goodluck.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Hmm What's That?

Quote Originally Posted by opteron7 View Post
    I had the same issue...sprint had to send a field tech to the antenna. what they did I don't know I imagine it needed some update. They checked my phone and it was working correctly. Goodluck.

Posted via CB10
    I called Sprint yesterday and they said my the signal in my area was fine. The rep suggested I take the phone back to the repair store. The only thing is this assurance policy, where as if you take your phone in to have it fixed, its free the 1st 2 times. After that its $25 each repair. Now that's not a lot, but I didn't break the phone. She didn't offer to credit my account or anything. Oh well if I need to bring it back I will request a brand new phone instead of a refurbished one.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm having the same problem. Either I get 4G where available or 1X. I have upgraded to the latest leak on this forum with updated radio to no avail. Everyone else I know on sprint do not have this issue, obviously blackberry specific.

Posted via CB10

Global Posts
    18,730 Global Posts

It's a network issue. At home, where I used to get 3G voice/data inside, it switches between 1X voice only and 3G voice only. When I leave my neighborhood, it's fine. But there are other places where I lose my data connection and it goes back to switching between 1X voice only and 3G voice only. I assume it's a network bulidout issue, but it messed up my GPS a couple of days ago when I was relying on it to find my way.
    Why is it that when your contract commitment is up, the phone you always wanted is now old and the phone you now want won't be out until the next quarter? - Checkout Planet Loser on Channel C003DAB77

Curve 8330 4.5.0.131 -> Bold 9650 6.0.0.706 --> Qued 10 - Plus not one but two totally awesome (albeit extinct) kickin' Playbooks